Visitor Reviews - Wild Rose Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North West > Lake District & Cumbria > Site Reviews

Wild Rose Park
Ormside
(lake District)
Appleby In Westmorland
Cumbria   (Browse area)
CA16 6EJ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m   5m  5m  5m

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  103 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

Date of Visit: December 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Andyandjanew 4 reviews from this member

Back from three nights from Boxing day onwards The site was so quiet but the weather the day after Boxing day had been forecast as Gales. And it was. This still didn`t detract from an excellent stay. We arrived to find the Tent field is no more as its being turned into a new area for statics but the rest is just the same apart from the new pub is nearing completion.

Still a fantastic site!

Reviewer: Hallkerr 4 reviews from this member

6 of us plus a 2 year old visited this site as we used to camp here all the time as children. I must say I was quite disappointed with the place. The toilets next to the camping field were the worst I have been in. For the full 3 days we were there I did not see 1 sheet of toilet paper. There was 1 shower that didn't even have hooks to hang your clothes on so had to lay them on the floor. The site generally is nice with a very good shop and large pitches. I think I should have just left this site in my memories.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: JOHN G W 14 reviews from this member

We were disappointed with this site for the money we paid, we had paid 33. 00 per night for a 3 night midweek stay at the end of June after returning from touring the Highlands, we chose this site for all the amenities that it offered. After we booked in we were told that there was no food available as it was midweek and the site was nearly empty, the Bar was open though

Most of the caravans were either statics or long term tourers, we chose a fully serviced pitch and the two pitches adjacent to us were occupied by contractors who had to park there large National Grid lorries overshadowing our pitch and they were leaving for work each morning at 06:45 so it did not feel like much of a holiday for us.

This said the toilet facilities and was up areas were spotless, although they were starting to look a little tired with some of the cubicle partitions starting to crumble and I understand that there was only one hot shower working in the ladies. Clean site but overpriced.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Ron62 1 review from this member

Had a great couple of days here over the Bank Holiday weekend, site was busy but not overly, plenty of room to pitch, pool still on the cold side but only to be expected this early in the year.

We caught the sun just right which always makes camping that bit easier.

Toilet block as ever was spotless however the showers were a bit hit and miss with regards to hot water.

New bar area was a welcome as champions league final was on and the TV was a godsend, though got very busy service was swift, takeaway is very good as is the on site shop, well stocked with what you would need.

Play areas I was assured by my children are ok but the tennis/badminton area could do with a facelift.

Overall a great place to stay and well worth the fee's so much so that we intend to return at the end of Aug.

Date of Visit: March 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mikedunne 1 review from this member

Just got back after a 4 day stay over the Easter weekend and can honestly say I was a little disappointed. The site itself and the surrounding area are stunning with good pitches and a top club house but a couple of things let it down. The first thing was that in the morning I went up to the toilet block for a shower and was greeted a large queue as there are only two showers so I walked down to the other shower block opposite reception. When I got down there found no queue (bonus) but soon found out why. Showers were freezing cold so had to walk all the way back up to the first block and wait. The whole thing took up over an hour and I feel shouldn't happen on a five star site.

The other thing was on the last night I thought we would treat ourselves to a takeaway as we had seen many people walked past on previous nights. But when I went down to order it had shut early not sure why as the site was fully booked up. So we thought we would grab a meal from the club house only to be told the had ran out of everything and were not serving. This was a big problem for me now with a pregnant wife and a 1 And 8 year old as the site is in the middle of nowhere and I was unable to get any food for tea.

Generally a good site but these things really let it down and don't think it is worthy of the five star status

Date of Visit: December 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Andyandjanew 4 reviews from this member

Just back from wild rose again and had a great 4 days away. The site is still one of the best I know however the toilet block near the tent field is starting to look a little tired. The best addition by far is the cock o hoop bar and restaurant which is the icing on the cake for this site. Normal pub prices and a great local pub feel to it. Such a great stay we booked while we were there for Easter back on the super deluxe pitch. Very private and well equipped

Previous     103 Review in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Cumbria   -   Search for a site

Win a Clarke IG22000 2.2kW Generator worth 467.98! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough
Exciting family entertainment, and you can make a full long weekend of them, by camping on site!Plus win tickets!