Visitor Reviews - Wild Rose Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North West > Lake District & Cumbria > Site Reviews

Wild Rose Park
Ormside
(lake District)
Appleby In Westmorland
Cumbria   (Browse area)
CA16 6EJ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m   5m  5m  5m

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  105 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sheeprider79 11 reviews from this member

We arrived on a Saturday and the site was buzzing, pool busy, bar open serving food. Come the Sunday 5pm the place was deserted. We were on the Scottish school holidays and although the site was full the majority is seasonal pitches who go home during the week.

We chose the super deluxe pitch. There is only a few of these but you have privacy, out door picnic table and storage shed, there off the main road. They are a 5 min walk from the pool and bar. I am glad that I had chosen this pitch.

The site toilet block is looking old but does the job, likewise with the amusements (few arcade machines and pool table) the kids park was grubby just needing a jet wash and a paint. I am sure that's next on the cards. Shop is excellent and good prices, bar food was good and restaurant lovely and brand new and again reasonably priced. The take away was not a good experience, I waited an hour for a kebab and a pizza.

I'd return again, but be wary of the time of year. ( I. E bar/ restaurant not open mon-wed off peak English summer holidays)

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Dumplings 3 reviews from this member

If you want a peaceful, tranquil, location with room to sit outside or even BBQ then forget coming here. First impressions good, reception staff friendly and then it suddenly went downhill the pitch was more of a parking bay next to the main service road, we were crammed on with two other vans, there was no outside space to sit out let alone cook, my neighbours car was 18 inches away from my awning. My aframe was into the bush next to the kiddies play park which was taken over by teenagers and adults blasting a football about which hit my van and awning numerous times, no apologies. The nightly ritual was that the parents went off to the 'clubhouse'and their teenagers were left in the kiddies park playing music shouting and screaming and then wander around the site with cans of beer. Its the first time I have ever felt intimidated on a site, I even cleared my awning went I went out for the day it was hell. The staff are lovely the cleaner needs a medal clearing up the mess the shredded toilets rolls and half empty beer glasses left around the site. We had heard good reports about this site but it appears that it is catering for a different clinentel these days with the theme nights at the clubhouse pub rather than genuine caravaners. Also it is one of the most expensive sites. Terrible.

Date of Visit: December 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Andyandjanew 4 reviews from this member

Back from three nights from Boxing day onwards The site was so quiet but the weather the day after Boxing day had been forecast as Gales. And it was. This still didn`t detract from an excellent stay. We arrived to find the Tent field is no more as its being turned into a new area for statics but the rest is just the same apart from the new pub is nearing completion.

Still a fantastic site!

Reviewer: Hallkerr 4 reviews from this member

6 of us plus a 2 year old visited this site as we used to camp here all the time as children. I must say I was quite disappointed with the place. The toilets next to the camping field were the worst I have been in. For the full 3 days we were there I did not see 1 sheet of toilet paper. There was 1 shower that didn't even have hooks to hang your clothes on so had to lay them on the floor. The site generally is nice with a very good shop and large pitches. I think I should have just left this site in my memories.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: JOHN G W 18 reviews from this member

We were disappointed with this site for the money we paid, we had paid 33. 00 per night for a 3 night midweek stay at the end of June after returning from touring the Highlands, we chose this site for all the amenities that it offered. After we booked in we were told that there was no food available as it was midweek and the site was nearly empty, the Bar was open though

Most of the caravans were either statics or long term tourers, we chose a fully serviced pitch and the two pitches adjacent to us were occupied by contractors who had to park there large National Grid lorries overshadowing our pitch and they were leaving for work each morning at 06:45 so it did not feel like much of a holiday for us.

This said the toilet facilities and was up areas were spotless, although they were starting to look a little tired with some of the cubicle partitions starting to crumble and I understand that there was only one hot shower working in the ladies. Clean site but overpriced.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Ron62 2 reviews from this member

Had a great couple of days here over the Bank Holiday weekend, site was busy but not overly, plenty of room to pitch, pool still on the cold side but only to be expected this early in the year.

We caught the sun just right which always makes camping that bit easier.

Toilet block as ever was spotless however the showers were a bit hit and miss with regards to hot water.

New bar area was a welcome as champions league final was on and the TV was a godsend, though got very busy service was swift, takeaway is very good as is the on site shop, well stocked with what you would need.

Play areas I was assured by my children are ok but the tennis/badminton area could do with a facelift.

Overall a great place to stay and well worth the fee's so much so that we intend to return at the end of Aug.

Previous     105 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Cumbria   -   Search for a site

Win a Dining Package, worth 124.98 from Yeomans Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Somerset Motorhome Show 12/09 to 14/09 Shepton Mallet
All the latest Motorhomes and a host of accessories. Win Tickets or buy Discounted Day Ticket Offer!