Visitor Reviews - Pooh Cottage Holiday Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Pooh Cottage Holiday Park
Bear Lane
Budleigh Salterton
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
EX9 7AQ   See Map
Tel: 07875685595  or  01395 442354
Check Digital TV coverage    See Weather Forecast    Add this Site to your Virtual BrochureSave to Virtual Brochure

Open: 20th March

Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   Battery Charging   Gas Refills   Recycling Facilities
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing <1 mile   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <1 mile   Cycle Hire <5 miles   Golf <1 mile   Tennis <1 mile
 Beach <1 mile   Watersports <5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring <5 miles
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport <1 mile

Reviews:  80 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14

Write your own Review to win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Long Travel 1 review from this member

This was our second visit to Pooh and we were looking forward to seeing the new toilet block as we had heard so much abut it. Unfortunately and this is only our opinion, we are not lovers of the combined shower, sink and wc rooms. We like the wc's to be separate to the showers, it's ok in the home but not for a campsite. The shower rooms end up smelling like toilets because of the demand. Who ever designed it has not made the most of room available this wasted space could be taken up with more shower cubicals. Being a plumber by trade I can appreciate the work and good finish that has gone into the building

The lack of wardens is somewhat disappointing as it would have been nice to ask about local places of interest and events.

The local pub just down the road is friendly and the food is good.

All in all its a nice site in the right location but lacks the personal touch. I would return for a short stay if they continue to allow touring vans in the future.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: DD Driver 3 reviews from this member

My wife and I have recently returned from a five night break in our campervan on this greatly improved site with its first class facilities and its spacious pitches. This impeccable site is run by an extremely helpful, friendly and hard working couple.

Thanks - we look foreword to our next visit

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Diver-graham 1 review from this member

This is my first review, my partner and I are new to camping. Booking the campsite was easy and painless. I was given clear instruction's on how to get to the site, with good tips on our best route. I google maps the site. I must admit I was a little worried about the narrow lane, on the approach to the site. This was only my 2nd towing expirience with our brand new caravan. I just took it nice and slowly, the lane is only a 200 yards long.

On arrival we were greeted by the owners, who were very warm and helpful to us. I was directed to our pitch and was helped with reversing advice and assisted with levelling my van for the first time. The pitch was large and on a slight incline, ( it looked OK to me. ) The owner helped me level my van, and lent us a wheel chock and blocks. All the time during our stay, we found them helpful and very friendly.

The site facilities were great, with a lovely new shower and toilet block. They are a dog friendly site, with nice walks just off site. The local pub is just a short walk, up the lane and around the corner. They have a good collection of local real ales, and the food is good as well.

Pooh cottages is a clean, friendly campsite. We have recommended it to our friends, We shall be returning again, later in the year.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Patricia1 1 review from this member

Nice site with the best toilet/shower block I have ever seen. A bit out of the way up a very narrow lane. Nice old fashion High Street with lots of charity shops and a Co-op and Spar for groceries. Not really within walking distance to the beach as it is a long drag back up hill. Firing range nearby which can be heard constantly in he distance. No dog walk on site and you are not allowed to walk your dogs around or through the site so not really suitable if you have dogs

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Frankie-leigh 1 review from this member

This site was brilliant. We took our grandsons 3yrs and 5yrs with us. The bathrooms were a excellent they enabled me and my husband to take the boys together for a shower and to brush their teeth without me having to hover outside the men's facility's or my husband outside the ladies. The hair driers were really good too. It was lovely to feel confident that your children can play on the grass without rolling around in dog wee or what's left of dog poo after its been picked up, because the site do not allow dog walking on the pitches. My grandsons loved the play area. And we were happy that the play area was in the middle of the site so you could easily keep an eye on your children. This site is perfect for family's with young children. We had a brilliant week and would definitely return.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Fepper 4 reviews from this member

My son and I have just returned from a wonderful bank holiday weekend at Pooh Cottage. It was our first visit and I can only echo what other reviewers have said. The welcome was very friendly and the facilities are second to none. The toilets and showers are easily the best I've ever seen at a campsite. The site itself was nicely laid out, very well kept and very clean. The pitches were very generous and easily accommodated our unit without feeling too close to the next. We enjoyed several walks down to Budleigh Salterton beach in the mornings and evenings. We cycled into Exmouth one day which was a nice 4 mile ride (each way) along the old railway. Despite being pretty full, the site was very calm, quiet and relaxing.

Combined with the perfect weather, it was a perfect weekend.

Previous     80 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review to win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win an Outwell Holidaymaker 500 Inflatable Tent Package worth over 1,000 Win an Win an OLPRO Cubo Campervan Awning

UKCS Meet VolksWorld Camper&Bus Show, Surrey 24 to 25 March 2018
Held at Sandown Park, a must attend event for those interested in all types of VW Transporters ...more

Play Our Easter Hunt
Easter Hunt
Follow the clues, find the answer, and win a fantastic Easter prize - a Malvern 6 Tent worth 299!