Visitor Reviews - Pooh Cottage Holiday Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Pooh Cottage Holiday Park
Bear Lane
Knowle
Budleigh Salterton
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
EX9 7AQ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 07875685595  or  01395 442354

1m  1m  1m  5m  5m  1m  1m  1m   1m  1m

Open: 15th March

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  78 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: DD Driver 3 reviews from this member

My wife and I have recently returned from a five night break in our campervan on this greatly improved site with its first class facilities and its spacious pitches. This impeccable site is run by an extremely helpful, friendly and hard working couple.

Thanks - we look foreword to our next visit

Tony & Vivien

Oxford

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Diver-graham 1 review from this member

This is my first review, my partner and I are new to camping. Booking the campsite was easy and painless. I was given clear instruction's on how to get to the site, with good tips on our best route. I google maps the site. I must admit I was a little worried about the narrow lane, on the approach to the site. This was only my 2nd towing expirience with our brand new caravan. I just took it nice and slowly, the lane is only a 200 yards long.

On arrival we were greeted by the owners, who were very warm and helpful to us. I was directed to our pitch and was helped with reversing advice and assisted with levelling my van for the first time. The pitch was large and on a slight incline, ( it looked OK to me. ) The owner helped me level my van, and lent us a wheel chock and blocks. All the time during our stay, we found them helpful and very friendly.

The site facilities were great, with a lovely new shower and toilet block. They are a dog friendly site, with nice walks just off site. The local pub is just a short walk, up the lane and around the corner. They have a good collection of local real ales, and the food is good as well.

Pooh cottages is a clean, friendly campsite. We have recommended it to our friends, We shall be returning again, later in the year.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Patricia1 1 review from this member

Nice site with the best toilet/shower block I have ever seen. A bit out of the way up a very narrow lane. Nice old fashion High Street with lots of charity shops and a Co-op and Spar for groceries. Not really within walking distance to the beach as it is a long drag back up hill. Firing range nearby which can be heard constantly in he distance. No dog walk on site and you are not allowed to walk your dogs around or through the site so not really suitable if you have dogs

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Fepper 3 reviews from this member

My son and I have just returned from a wonderful bank holiday weekend at Pooh Cottage. It was our first visit and I can only echo what other reviewers have said. The welcome was very friendly and the facilities are second to none. The toilets and showers are easily the best I've ever seen at a campsite. The site itself was nicely laid out, very well kept and very clean. The pitches were very generous and easily accommodated our unit without feeling too close to the next. We enjoyed several walks down to Budleigh Salterton beach in the mornings and evenings. We cycled into Exmouth one day which was a nice 4 mile ride (each way) along the old railway. Despite being pretty full, the site was very calm, quiet and relaxing.

Combined with the perfect weather, it was a perfect weekend.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Maggied 1 review from this member

Wonderfully relaxing, well kept & quiet site in a beautiful area. The new shower rooms are spacious & luxurious & also have a washbasin, loo & hair drier. The wardens are friendly, welcoming & very helpful. They organised a curry night at the local pub with music by a folk group who were very entertaining. There are walks & cycle rides from the site including along a disused railway track to Exmouth & a 20 minute stroll into Budleigh Salterton, a pretty, unspoilt small town with a pebble beach. The attractions in the area are too numerous to mention. We can't wait to return.

Date of Visit: April 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Tents are us 25 reviews from this member

I have reviewed this site before but feel I have to again as the new shower/toilet block is the best I have ever used!

Whoever designed it is a genius! It has shower rooms that have a toilet, wash basin, shower & a hairdryer! They are very warm & there is a new washing up area with washing machines & dryers.

Also a nice new reception & small shop.

This has made a 10 out of 10 site even better!

And the wardens are as lovely as ever!

Local pub (Dog & donkey) has a new landlord & is a lovely place to eat.

Can't wait to return again.

Previous     78 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

50 Tickets for the NEC Oct Motorhome & Caravan Show Win a Clarke IG2000 2kW Generator

UKCS Meet Beat at Tencreek 60s Weekend, Cornwall - 14th to 16th October
A Sounds of the Swinging Sixties long weekend concert with camping on site ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016