Visitor Reviews - Somers Wood Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Warwickshire > Site Reviews

Somers Wood Caravan Park
Somers Rd
Meriden
Coventry
Warwickshire   (Browse area)
CV7 7PL   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m 5m  1m  1m   5m  5m  1m

Open: All Year

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes

Reviews:  89 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Codwales 20 reviews from this member

It has been a couple of years since we visited Somers wood and we enjoyed our stay overall. There are some lovely walks from the site. We were only there for the bank holiday weekend so we did not venture far.

We were of the opinion that the facilities were no where near 5 star standards and not enough toilets and showers for a full campsite as you are always waiting.

On arrival we were met by an abrupt warden which did not make a good start to our holiday.

On our last morning the aircraft noise was very loud but never mind I am normally an early riser.

The refuge bins were overflowing.

As you will make out from the above, we are not planning to return.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Ged Inott 1 review from this member

Just wanted to leave a review on this site as we liked it that much, easy to get to just a short walk to the shops spotless amenities. Only one very miner point as it didn't matter to us but might to others was pegging out the awning we have rock pegs but still struggled to get them in the ground. We will definitely be returning!. Ps we noticed a lot of logs lying around and as we have a log burner it would have been nice to have relieved you of a few.

Date of Visit: February 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Spencer22 2 reviews from this member

Wonderful site very clean, wardens very friendly and helpful. Showers were hot and spacious immaculately clean. Will be returning. The Indian in Meridon delivered to site and the meal was fantastic. Ideal site for an adult only weekend break. Dog friendly with some nice walks. Next to a golf course for the golfers.

Date of Visit: February 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Rutland Belle 5 reviews from this member

This is a lovely site. As soon as we had settled in we asked if we could stay longer and we did. Very handy for the Caravan Show at the NEC, although this came with drawback of distant road noise and aircraft taking off from Birmingham. Soon got used to that and listened to the birdsong instead.

High standard toilet/shower block and laundry and maintenance of the site. While we were there dips and holes in the road were filled so no muddy puddles. Take a torch if you use the shower block after dark as the lighting is sporadic. The little information chalet is charming and there are books available for the price of a donation to the bird food fund.

Top Hat n Tails kennels are very good for boarding your dog for the day, but don't use their postcode for satnav. Ask them for the postcode of the brickyard down the road!

Shops in Meriden are very good for groceries and other things you've forgotten. About a 20 minute walk if you take the route along the road, but this can be busy at times.

Date of Visit: November 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Bodgerdog14 3 reviews from this member

We have just spent another very happy week at Somers Wood and decided I really must get round to writing a review as it truly is one of our very favourite sites - and we visit very many! I've just read through some of the most recent reviews and can honestly say I agree wholeheartedly with all the very positive comments.

You're assured a warm friendly welcome from Angie, Tracey and Ali and you're bound to meet Marc and Dek working hard to ensure all pitches, grounds and facilities are immaculately maintained.

We have an 8. 5 metre motorhome plus a small car on a trailer but there are plenty of pitches which can accommodate us. The access road and entrance are wide enough for all size units including RVs so no worries there.

This is the ideal park if you just want to chill and listen to birdsong or a beautiful base from which to explore the many places of interest and leisure pursuits the area has to offer already described so well by other reviewers.

The Park is an Adults Only site which I know from talking to fellow campers provides a welcome break from children, grandchildren - or pupils if you're one of the millions of overworked teachers who just need a peaceful relaxing breather from the joys of the job!

Treat yourself to a visit to Somers Wood as I'm sure, like us, you won't be disappointed.

Date of Visit: November 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Elaine-n-Trev 21 reviews from this member

This is our third stay here and most of what the other reviews below have commented is correct, with a couple of exceptions - perhaps it was the time of day, but when I went to have a shower, the heating must have been turned off and it was cold. Secondly, while the addition of the room for washing clothes and dishes is welcomed, not so nice are the windows of the ladies and mens toilets opened so that you can hear people doing their business - not pleasant.

Apart from that, this time I had an experience which frightened me and we will not return.

I was out walking my dog - very early in the morning - around 7 a. M. Not quite daylight and there was nobody else in the grounds.

As I walked towards the exit to the dog walk, a man came towards me shouting - 'Hey you' and then started yelling at me that my dog must be kept on a short lead. I had her on an extended lead at the time.

At first I didn't understand what he meant, because we'd been there before and had never been yelled at for having the dog on an extended lead. I explained that if there were other people around, of course I would have her on a short lead.

It was only after that exchange that he identified himself as the warden, I wouldn't have known that, as he had no uniform or other identifying badge that I could see (although it was rather dark). He then repeated in a very aggressive manner, that the dog had to be on a short lead and that it was in the terms and conditions of the campsite. I apolgised because it never occurred to me that I was doing something wrong.

To have a man walk towards you shouting while alone in semi darkness, was very upsetting. All he had to do was 1) identify who he was immediately and 2) politely point out that the rules of the campsite were very strict. I would have understood.

That said, we've been all over Europe and the UK and have never ever been shouted at for having our dog on a lead of any length. I consider myself a responsible dog owner and would never put my dog in a situation that would compromise her well being and that of others.

Perhaps a course in customer service wouldn't go amiss?

Previous     89 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Warwickshire   -   Search for a site

Win a KAMEI Husky L Roof Box Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally and Camping Weekend 4th to 5th July
HURRY Advanced booking now open - 3 nights camping in any unit, and admission to rally all weekend