Visitor Reviews - Stonehenge Touring Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Wiltshire > Site Reviews

Stonehenge Touring Park
Orcheston
Salisbury
Wiltshire   (Browse area)
SP3 4SH   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01980 620304

1m  5m 10m  10m   10m  10m  1m

Reviews:  95 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Cyclekarl 1 review from this member

I recently cycled down to Stonehenge from Nottingham for the summer solstice I arrived at midnight and stayed awake for the event. Straight after the sun came up I went in search of a campsite and came across this lovely little place. It had a burger van there and a tea stool which was just what I needed. As soon as I was done with my breakfast I asked the older lady there about camping and she said it was her daughters site. She went to find out and came back with the price which was very expensive for one person I might add, it's £15. 00 per night for two with a car, only £1. 00 cheaper for a man with a small tent and a bicycle. It was actually full up, but the owners mother led me to her garden and only charged me £10. 00 which I thought was more reasonable. This site is just about the right size, it's well laid out and pretty. It has a shop for essentials and good showers etc, but I wouldn't go again because I am used to staying in campsites costing half the price which are just as good.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Madgooner23 1 review from this member

Absolutely love this camp site. We have been going four years now (this will be our fifth). It's a lovely location, easy to get to. Facilities are good with clean toilets and showers. The shop is great - it stocks everything you need including wine for the missus! Really nice owners and we look forward to many more years visiting.

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Taffymotorhome 12 reviews from this member

After driving back home from Cornwall along the A303, and a few ' let downs ' at sites that were either too snobby or too expensive, we arrived at Stonehenge Touring Park at about 19 30hrs. The owner came and greeted us as if it were midday. She was ever so friendly and helpful, And we ended up staying another night. Ok the grass was sodden, but that is not her fault, and all the vans that were there had hard standings, The proximity to The ' Rocks' was a big plus. The only thing that I Could fault, ( if fault is the right word), was that the toilet blocks could have been warmer. Having said that, the blocks were spotlessly clean. There was a little washing up block which was handy, and plenty of hot water.

We would definitely recommend this site, and use it as a ' stop over ' on our way to or back from Cornwall.

Date of Visit: January 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Adambrown2499 31 reviews from this member

Owners were nice and welcoming. Shop was shut all the time we were there. Didn't like shower block as was dirty and unkept and cold. Perhaps it was just the time of year. Lots of scruffy workers caravans on site but I suppose they keep the place going through they winter. Hard standing pitches were tiny couldn't fit the car and caravan on it. Don't know where awning would go. Would I go again? Probably not.

Date of Visit: November 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Hawcara 36 reviews from this member

Easy access to this site, Lanes a bit narrow but just follow sat nav using post code.

Fuel station within 1 mile.

Pitches bit small but adequate and mostly on gravel.

Electric points close by.

Friendly owner and very welcoming.

Toilets warm and clean, with free showers and wash up.

Chemical toilet very good access.

Good walks from site straight onto Salisbury plain.

Very good value at £13 a night at this time of year and we will visit again

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: MichelleJJury 2 reviews from this member

We visited on a return journey from Cornwall, we have stayed there about 4 years ago in our caravan. The site is lovely, use of garden table and benches to eat outside. Owners accommodating and friendly, they watch over but not intrusive. There was one night where campers became noisy and rude to the owner and the next day they were asked to leave. Which was totally acceptable as they had no regard for fellow campers. Showers/toilets clean and easy access. Well stocked shop and very reasonably priced. We hired a wood burner to toast marshmallows on our last night for £5 and a bag of kindle £3 and marshmallows £1. Fun cheap evening. Nice play area. Dog walks down the road but easy to find. Small path adjacent to site. It was a quiet stay with plenty to see watching others enjoy their stay too :) Thank you.

Previous     95 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Wiltshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Sleepy - The Wearable Sleeping Bag! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCampsite.co.uk Advent Calendar