Visitor Reviews - Graffham Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > West Sussex > Site Reviews

Graffham Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Great Bury
Graffham
Petworth
West Sussex   (Browse area)
GU28 0QF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m

Open: 26th March - 2nd November 2015

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  102 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Lizziehood 7 reviews from this member

I really enjoyed the woodland camping experience. The site is surrounded by places to visit. Midhurst is beautiful and has a lovely walk from the Cowdray Estate (which also has a great cafe, farm shop and superb wine shop!). The local pub, The Foresters Arms, does beautiful food, wine and has very friendly owners. The setting of the site is very peaceful and all the pitches offer privacy. However, some more showers would have been good. The site has around 90 pitches and only 3 showers in the women's block, which although spotlessly clean, made showering quite difficult and a queue could normally be found. Also, the site has just one washing machine. If these things do not really bother you however, I would say this site is pretty much perfect. I would definitely come back again.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Ben Young 1 review from this member

My wife and I have just returned from 2 nights here. The last time I came here was 35 years ago with my Brother & Parents. I wasn't sure what to expect (after putting my nostalgia aside, and bearing in mind it was a Bank Holiday weekend).

My Sat-Nav took me to exactly where I needed to be, but keep your eyes open for the tiny sign or you'll miss it!. The approach road to the site is fairly rutted, but who cares, it wasn't like driving through the Grand Canyon, and if a few bumps bother you, then stay at home or stay in a Travel Lodge ;-)

We were quickly shown to our pitch by the Manager, and he then checked to ensure we were happy with it (I'm not saying the pitch number, because I want it all to myself. Forever!).

What we got was simply beautiful !. Completely secluded, deep in the trees, and couldn't see anyone at all. No wonder the manager smiled knowingly when he showed us in to it.

An easy walk to the Shower/Toilet facility, which was spotless, even though we took our own chemical loo for those middle of the night calls, as well as a covered and clean dishwashing area.

The site feels larger than it is due to it being literally carved from the forest, and there are no concrete roads or ugly hard-standings to spoil the beauty.

The only downsides were a couple of noisy families with young children (which, to be fair, is exactly how it should be, but NOT having children makes one slightly intolerant!) and the fact that reception seemed to be infrequently open (once again, being Bank Holiday, and everybody is entitled to a day off after all!).

Will I go back ??. I'd go back tomorrow and stay forever if I could.

Most sites are clean, boring, flat, open fields, with little or no character, but Graffham ??. Oh no, this is something else entirely.

This is just about as good as it gets. Well done to the new Managers, who've just taken over the site. Keep it like this, and we'll be back as often as we possibly can. Perfect.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Timsinc 4 reviews from this member

Not for me - but it's horses for courses. If you don't mind or like forests and steep, deep rutted lanes, you'll love the solitude and twittering birds at this off-the-beat campsite. You'll enjoy no TV, phone and disconnection from the WWW - unless you pay for wi-fi that's only available around the reception office.

Too claustrophobic for me. Didn't explore the woods to find the ablution blocks, so no comment on those.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: 50bear 2 reviews from this member

Great campsite in the trees! the campsite is made up of lots of plots/pitches in the trees, great for shade in very hot days. Some pitches grouped together 3/4s some separate. You can also book jumbo pitches for big tents etc (well worth it if you are staying a week or so. Ground is part grass part sandy soil, small brush esential to keep you tent clean. Mostly quiet site in a lovely rural location but lots to do in the area. Downside is weekend campers, kids, dogs etc! Toilet block is good but could do with more showers, other small toilet block could do with an upgrade etc. Only thing missing is a small park for kids to kick a ball etc (feild opposite looks as though it could be used for this purpose) Plus side lots of tree walks and roap swings for the kids.

Overall, a great site, would go back and being in the shade of the trees was a big plus during the very hot spell.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Skyra13 2 reviews from this member

Arrived at site and were shown to pitch. Lovely wooded area lots of shade was very glad of this kept our tent cool and our dog.

Toilets and showers were always spotless could not fault them.

Closest shop is 15min walk away good walk for the dog not much else in the area, but close to the seaside.

Large pitch for tent, only thing I found let it down a little bit was there is no limit on the amount of dogs you can take so can get a little noisy when people have more then 2 dogs.

Had a lovely stay did not want to come home tried to stay another night but were fully booked would definitely go again.

Some lovely pubs in the area to we tired the Unicorn Inn a 15min drive away from site had the best steak I have had in a long time.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Pamzee 17 reviews from this member

Absolute bliss, what more can I say. Beautiful peaceful woodland site, nice little enclosed pitches, service block good. Helpful warden helped me out by shortening a tent pole I needed for a repair. Friendly robins come scrounging for tit bits, and one evening a tiny mouse came trotting up. If I lived nearer I would go every weekend! You just need to be careful not to trip over the tree roots - the route to the loos is not named 'The Wright Way' for no reason. Bit out in the sticks so there is quite a bit of driving to get anywhere, but Petworth is nearby and is a charming little town with NT Petworth House also worth visiting. Also I really enjoyed the Weald and Downland Museum which is nearby. Loved it.

Previous     102 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in West Sussex   -   Search for a site

Win a bundle of VARTA camping essentials worth over £100! Win a Festival Starter Pack, worth over £100!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 20th – 23rd August
The world’s biggest tribute band music festival in East Yorkshire - PLUS exclusive 10% discount on tickets!