Visitor Reviews - Graffham Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > West Sussex > Site Reviews

Graffham Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Great Bury
Graffham
Petworth
West Sussex   (Browse area)
GU28 0QF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m

Open: 31 Mar - 06 Nov

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  109 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19

Write your own Review for a chance to Win £300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a £300 Prize Package including £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: September 2017 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Vivebunny 3 reviews from this member

Myself and my 2 teenage daughters stayed for 2 nights. Unfortunately it rained for 90% of the time. No doubt more experienced campers than I would have looked at the weather forecast and not bothered turning up. More hardy campers than I wouldn't have minded the horrible weather.

Whilst the site is very pretty I did come home with a lot of mud, sand and leaf debris because the pitches are woodland and not grass. I also had a lot of condensation in my folding camper - more than any other trip.

The Site Owners were lovely and very helpful. The facilities are great; clean; well organised and when 1 set is being cleaned the other set remain open. The site is very, very pretty, lots of walks and nearby attractions (but we are local so didn't do them). I went on a short walk that was well signposted, into nearby National Trust property.

I'm not sure I'll come back here. I camped for 2 days but cleaned up and dried out for 3. I'm notching this trip up to experience. I think I'm a grass camper at heart.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Cactusprawn 3 reviews from this member

Slightly bumpy pot holed approach road. Site set in a wooded area on different levels with small ‘lay-bys’ off the main access road through the site. Mainly hard standing (ie not grass but hard earth some a bit sandy). Very pretty in the woods and many very private. Some share two plots. Staff very helpful and show you to the site on foot or on bike if it’s a bit far away. Small shop selling essentials and ice creams. Two sets of toilets / facilities. Site pretty dark at night (no street lighting) so take a torch. Lots of birds (robins) to feed. Great fun and you really feel tucked away in the woods. Nice pub about an hours walk away (?) and do stop at Graffham village shop which is well stocked and interesting to look around. We had a great stay and will return if we are in the area again

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Kateandjames 42 reviews from this member

A lovely rustic site nestled at the bottom of the South Downs and open

and wooded heathland. Plenty of walking with pub lunches. Pitches aren't particularly level, chocs advised for vans, but all pitches are nestled into the woodland. A site that apparently was left to the CCC by an ardent camper, there are still some of the original facilities which complement the modern toilet, shower facilities. My only negative, if its dry dust gets in every corner of your van, if its very we then I'm guessing it could be a bit muddy, but I may be wrong.

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Smelljeffshand 5 reviews from this member

Just spent an amazing weekend here. The weather was stunning. The walks brilliant (South Downs way is a must) them wardens where the friendliest people you could wish for. The loos spotless as was the rest of the site. You could see them working hard on and off all day( the wardens that is. Not the loos).

The site itself is amongst the forest and the pitches are huge. Divided by bamboo and rhododendrons bushes which gave quite a lot of privacy. You can pick up footpaths straight from the site. And there are many. I walked from the site through Westland stud farm then into seaford collage and up on to the Southdowns which was wonderful.

Of course site rules apply and I saw no one abusing them. Very quite after 11.

For my overall experience I would give graffham 10/10

My only gripe. The entrance sign was so small I missed it first time round

Graffham I applaud you 👍

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Waggyfromderby 34 reviews from this member

Too organised a site for me, too many rules, too far to the showers and like a maze to find them. Not a site for me. But I think its a good site for families especially for kids to meet and play with others. The walks in the surrounding woodland/ Marshes great for the dog but make sure you have a sat nav on your phone, its very easy to get lost. No pubs within walking distance. Nearby NT place not dog friendly, however café Tiffin's tea room is, this is a great place for lunch or afternoon tea. Lots of lovely walks around the town, follow the town trail (leaflet from Tiffins), visit the ancient cemetery, fascinating, but watch the fast road you have to cross.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Pmaynard 10 reviews from this member

If you only like wide open spaces and lots of sunshine DONT visit here. If on the other hand you fondly remember Scout or Guide camps in natural surroundings amongst the trees then this is almost certainly for you. No open play areas but acres of woodlands for children to enjoy building camps.

Wherever you are pitched you will be amongst trees and shaded to some or a greater extent. The ground gets a bit gritty when it has rained. The main toilet block is spotless but a little dated and you could find yourself a long way from it. The second block without showers is very basic. The staff were great and Friday night's fish and chip van a real treat. A very pleasant walk through trees & across fields or along the road to the local pub and wonderful village shop. The surrounding area is beautiful with many interesting places. Best of all is the peace and solitude. We liked it very much.

Previous     109 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win £300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in West Sussex   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth £49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 18 to 21 January 2018
Advanced booking discount plus we have 15 pairs of tickets to give away ...more

UKCampsite.co.uk

24 Daily Prizes worth up to £120 and a Christmas Day Star Prize worth £500!
Open Today's Window