Visitor Reviews - Graffham Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > West Sussex > Site Reviews

Graffham Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Great Bury
West Sussex   (Browse area)
GU28 0QF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

Open: 26th March - 2nd November 2015

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  104 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Pmaynard 9 reviews from this member

If you only like wide open spaces and lots of sunshine DONT visit here. If on the other hand you fondly remember Scout or Guide camps in natural surroundings amongst the trees then this is almost certainly for you. No open play areas but acres of woodlands for children to enjoy building camps.

Wherever you are pitched you will be amongst trees and shaded to some or a greater extent. The ground gets a bit gritty when it has rained. The main toilet block is spotless but a little dated and you could find yourself a long way from it. The second block without showers is very basic. The staff were great and Friday night's fish and chip van a real treat. A very pleasant walk through trees & across fields or along the road to the local pub and wonderful village shop. The surrounding area is beautiful with many interesting places. Best of all is the peace and solitude. We liked it very much.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Amy1447 8 reviews from this member

Before I start this review, I would like to state that over the years my husband and I have camped, then bought a small 2 berth caravan and worked our way up to a twin axle. We have just arrived home from an 8wk trip and had a fantastic time staying on both Camping and Caravan Club Sites and the Caravan Club sites. On our fifth week we arrived at Graffham Camping and Caravan club site. On arrival we booked in and as the norm were then shown to our 'pitch ' and were taken round a narrow track which had a tight corner and was advised to try and avoid some tree roots sticking out of the side of small banking. After turning down another small track we were told that 'this is your pitch will leave you to it!and that muddy patch will dry out' and off he went on his merry way. The pitch (if you could call it that)was a little further down a small banking with another caravan occupying a space very close. There was no way we could reverse out and the only way into the pitch was for hubby to do about 20 manoeuvres to get the caravan into position. It was already on my mind how the in the world were we going to get out at the end of the weeks stay. We then went to fill the aqua rolls. This was another adventure, over tree roots, terribly uneven tracks to find the water tap, waste water and also the chemical disposal point, which had seen better days. This was also where our 'toilet block ' and washing up sinks were based. The actual shower block was in another area. We had been told 'it was up the track to the left of the office at the top '. We asked another caravanner where the block was and with a grin on their face just said keep going up the hill. The block was spacious and clean, but the showers need upgrading. When showering, the cubicle fills with water, the clothes hooks are placed on the side walls and from experience do not accidentally catch your towel or clothes as they will fall into a pool of water. During the week the shower was always luke warm with low pressure. We would have showered in our van if it had been easier to fill up the aqua rolls. If you are pitched near to the shower block then I don't think there are as many issues. But if you are shown to pitches to the right of the office then there are I think plenty of issues. The tracks are very uneven with stones and tree roots sticking out. If you have difficulty in walking then you would struggle. The toilet block nearest to us was little more that a basic breeze block building with a plastic corrugated roof that needed a good cleaning. At night it was pitch black with no lighting to assist if you needed to go to either the toilet block or the shower block. This surely must be a Health and Safety issue? If you like camping and going back to basics then this is the site for you, but should be at reduced prices, you are paying the same as sites with first class facilities. I could go on. But to end I would say that this site is not a suited for twin axle caravans, the pitches need to be made into proper designated pitches, with either grass or hardstanding. If the club handbook had made it clear the position of the shower block if you are to be placed in a certain part of the site, the condition of the pitches, tracks /road! and that it could be very tight manoeuvring large units, we would not have booked. Also before anyone comments that Graffham is a woodland site, we had stayed at a wonderful woodland site the week before and our next site after Graffham was a woodland site, which again was beautiful. The site was certainly one to put down to experience and we most certainly will not be back.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Lizziehood 7 reviews from this member

I really enjoyed the woodland camping experience. The site is surrounded by places to visit. Midhurst is beautiful and has a lovely walk from the Cowdray Estate (which also has a great cafe, farm shop and superb wine shop!). The local pub, The Foresters Arms, does beautiful food, wine and has very friendly owners. The setting of the site is very peaceful and all the pitches offer privacy. However, some more showers would have been good. The site has around 90 pitches and only 3 showers in the women's block, which although spotlessly clean, made showering quite difficult and a queue could normally be found. Also, the site has just one washing machine. If these things do not really bother you however, I would say this site is pretty much perfect. I would definitely come back again.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Ben Young 2 reviews from this member

My wife and I have just returned from 2 nights here. The last time I came here was 35 years ago with my Brother & Parents. I wasn't sure what to expect (after putting my nostalgia aside, and bearing in mind it was a Bank Holiday weekend).

My Sat-Nav took me to exactly where I needed to be, but keep your eyes open for the tiny sign or you'll miss it!. The approach road to the site is fairly rutted, but who cares, it wasn't like driving through the Grand Canyon, and if a few bumps bother you, then stay at home or stay in a Travel Lodge ;-)

We were quickly shown to our pitch by the Manager, and he then checked to ensure we were happy with it (I'm not saying the pitch number, because I want it all to myself. Forever!).

What we got was simply beautiful !. Completely secluded, deep in the trees, and couldn't see anyone at all. No wonder the manager smiled knowingly when he showed us in to it.

An easy walk to the Shower/Toilet facility, which was spotless, even though we took our own chemical loo for those middle of the night calls, as well as a covered and clean dishwashing area.

The site feels larger than it is due to it being literally carved from the forest, and there are no concrete roads or ugly hard-standings to spoil the beauty.

The only downsides were a couple of noisy families with young children (which, to be fair, is exactly how it should be, but NOT having children makes one slightly intolerant!) and the fact that reception seemed to be infrequently open (once again, being Bank Holiday, and everybody is entitled to a day off after all!).

Will I go back ??. I'd go back tomorrow and stay forever if I could.

Most sites are clean, boring, flat, open fields, with little or no character, but Graffham ??. Oh no, this is something else entirely.

This is just about as good as it gets. Well done to the new Managers, who've just taken over the site. Keep it like this, and we'll be back as often as we possibly can. Perfect.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Timsinc 9 reviews from this member

Not for me - but it's horses for courses. If you don't mind or like forests and steep, deep rutted lanes, you'll love the solitude and twittering birds at this off-the-beat campsite. You'll enjoy no TV, phone and disconnection from the WWW - unless you pay for wi-fi that's only available around the reception office.

Too claustrophobic for me. Didn't explore the woods to find the ablution blocks, so no comment on those.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: 50bear 2 reviews from this member

Great campsite in the trees! the campsite is made up of lots of plots/pitches in the trees, great for shade in very hot days. Some pitches grouped together 3/4s some separate. You can also book jumbo pitches for big tents etc (well worth it if you are staying a week or so. Ground is part grass part sandy soil, small brush esential to keep you tent clean. Mostly quiet site in a lovely rural location but lots to do in the area. Downside is weekend campers, kids, dogs etc! Toilet block is good but could do with more showers, other small toilet block could do with an upgrade etc. Only thing missing is a small park for kids to kick a ball etc (feild opposite looks as though it could be used for this purpose) Plus side lots of tree walks and roap swings for the kids.

Overall, a great site, would go back and being in the shade of the trees was a big plus during the very hot spell.

Previous     104 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in West Sussex   -   Search for a site

Win a Champion 3100 Watt Inverter Petrol Generator Win a Win a One Week Stay at Vauxhall Holiday Park!

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 13 18 October
Occupying eleven huge halls of the NEC, it is guaranteed to be an unmissable event. Win tickets!