Visitor Reviews - Graffham Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > West Sussex > Site Reviews

Graffham Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Great Bury
Graffham
Petworth
West Sussex   (Browse area)
GU28 0QF   See Map

Open: 29 March - 5 November

Add this Site to your Virtual BrochureSave to Virtual Brochure

No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 No Shop   No Bar   No Restaurant   Wifi Access
 Fishing   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding   Cycle Hire   Golf   Tennis
 Beach   Watersports   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport <1 mile

Reviews:  111 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19

Write your own Review to win a £150 Amazon Voucher!

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: WHeaps 7 reviews from this member

We have been meaning to visit this site for ages, and really pleased we finally got around to staying. We had previously had a look when passing, and decided to ask for one of the grassy pitches when booking, which we got. A lovely site, really peaceful and secluded. Quite different from other club sites we have used, as it is much less 'regimented', but still all the advantages of a friendly efficient welcome, and spotless excellent facilities. Yes, you need a torch (and good sense of direction) to get to the main loo block after dark, but that is the fun of camping.

Location is perfect. South Downs literally on the doorstep, but don't ignore the fantastic heath-land walks immediately out of the campsite entrance.

Graffham village has an excellent (if rather up-market) shop and a nice pub (both of which set prices and range of goods to suit the rather affluent local population, but much better than driving miles for supplies)

An excellent site which we will visit again.

Date of Visit: April 2018 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Tanyacat 2 reviews from this member

We spent 2 nights here during a warm spell in April. We took our van and awning and our 2 young kids.

The campsite was easy to find down a long, fairly well maintained road. On arrival we were met by one of the campsite staff who allocated us a spot and then walked us to it. We found the staff very welcoming and helpful.

Our large level pitch was tucked away on its own which was very nice. The whole campsite seems to be like this - with bigger sections of a few pitches where you could camp with friends and family. It is very woody, so perfect for not getting to hot in summer! The ground was fairly easy to put pegs in but you would need a mallet.

The wash facilities were clean and well maintained and, above all, heated which really makes a difference in the colder months. Hot water was plentiful.

There was a fish and chip van that came on Friday evening. We didn't try the fish but the chips were amazing!

It is worth noting that you cannot do any charcoal BBQing here as it is woodland and therefore under strict fire rules. You can use a gas stove however, to cook things.

For walkers there are loads of lovely trails directly from the campsite that we loved.

We will definitely be back!

Date of Visit: September 2017 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Vivebunny 3 reviews from this member

Myself and my 2 teenage daughters stayed for 2 nights. Unfortunately it rained for 90% of the time. No doubt more experienced campers than I would have looked at the weather forecast and not bothered turning up. More hardy campers than I wouldn't have minded the horrible weather.

Whilst the site is very pretty I did come home with a lot of mud, sand and leaf debris because the pitches are woodland and not grass. I also had a lot of condensation in my folding camper - more than any other trip.

The Site Owners were lovely and very helpful. The facilities are great; clean; well organised and when 1 set is being cleaned the other set remain open. The site is very, very pretty, lots of walks and nearby attractions (but we are local so didn't do them). I went on a short walk that was well signposted, into nearby National Trust property.

I'm not sure I'll come back here. I camped for 2 days but cleaned up and dried out for 3. I'm notching this trip up to experience. I think I'm a grass camper at heart.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Cactusprawn 3 reviews from this member

Slightly bumpy pot holed approach road. Site set in a wooded area on different levels with small Ďlay-bysí off the main access road through the site. Mainly hard standing (ie not grass but hard earth some a bit sandy). Very pretty in the woods and many very private. Some share two plots. Staff very helpful and show you to the site on foot or on bike if itís a bit far away. Small shop selling essentials and ice creams. Two sets of toilets / facilities. Site pretty dark at night (no street lighting) so take a torch. Lots of birds (robins) to feed. Great fun and you really feel tucked away in the woods. Nice pub about an hours walk away (?) and do stop at Graffham village shop which is well stocked and interesting to look around. We had a great stay and will return if we are in the area again

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Kateandjames 42 reviews from this member

A lovely rustic site nestled at the bottom of the South Downs and open

and wooded heathland. Plenty of walking with pub lunches. Pitches aren't particularly level, chocs advised for vans, but all pitches are nestled into the woodland. A site that apparently was left to the CCC by an ardent camper, there are still some of the original facilities which complement the modern toilet, shower facilities. My only negative, if its dry dust gets in every corner of your van, if its very we then I'm guessing it could be a bit muddy, but I may be wrong.

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Smelljeffshand 6 reviews from this member

Just spent an amazing weekend here. The weather was stunning. The walks brilliant (South Downs way is a must) them wardens where the friendliest people you could wish for. The loos spotless as was the rest of the site. You could see them working hard on and off all day( the wardens that is. Not the loos).

The site itself is amongst the forest and the pitches are huge. Divided by bamboo and rhododendrons bushes which gave quite a lot of privacy. You can pick up footpaths straight from the site. And there are many. I walked from the site through Westland stud farm then into seaford collage and up on to the Southdowns which was wonderful.

Of course site rules apply and I saw no one abusing them. Very quite after 11.

For my overall experience I would give graffham 10/10

My only gripe. The entrance sign was so small I missed it first time round

Graffham I applaud you 👍

Previous     111 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review to win a £150 Amazon Voucher!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in West Sussex   -   Search for a site

Win an Outwell Barbecue Package worth £249 Win a Clarke IG2000B 1.8kW Suitcase Generator worth £299

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally 7th to 7th July, Derbyshire