Visitor Reviews - Lake Ross Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Lincolnshire > Site Reviews

Lake Ross Caravan Park
Dozens Bank
West Pinchbeck
Spalding
Lincolnshire   (Browse area)
PE11 3NA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m

Open: February To December

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  13 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Cybbib 5 reviews from this member

Oh dear, I'm afraid that the site has new owners and they are not as helpful or as friendly as the previous owners. My caravan is minute and I was squeezed onto a tiny pitch, which the owner said she could only give to a small caravan and because I erected a motorhome awning was charged 18. 50 per night, more than a 'van which took up far more space. I had to park my car in a space in front of a static and the owner of the caravan next door had nowhere to put his car. It was very tight. The toilets were clean, but the wash basins were so small, just hand rinsing basins and a shower to add insult to injury was charged at 50p. During the night, the lights were turned off in the toilets. I thought that was really penny pinching. It's a shame - it is a beautiful location and difficult to find in the area, but I shall keep looking as I need to go there once or twice a year.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Fruitloopy 1 review from this member

Absolutely wonderful place! The owners really know how to look after you and allowed me to stay in a static caravan for almost two weeks.

The fishing is excellent, all the fish I caught were in a lovely condition and it is obvious its all well looked after.

Nice, peaceful and relaxing, exactly what I was after.

There's a nice pub down the road called the Fishermans Friend, also a post office a bit further on.

Thanks

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Yvonne 49 1 review from this member

We stayed at lake ross for four days had a lovely time and very relaxed. The fishing was good which kept my partner happy and me the peace and quiet I was looking forward to. The owners are very friendly and helpful to anyone who has any enquiries about the town and surrounding areas and keep the site very clean and tidy and the locals are all nice and welcoming. We went for a meal in the town which has a good choice of places to eat and drink. The taxi charged us 7. 20 to get back which is not too bad. Would go back again.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Paul.f 1 review from this member

Stayed there for ten wonderful days, with a 7mtr tent right on the lake, Everybody was very nice and very welcoming. We were invited to all events by staff and members, so peaceful and relaxing. Can't wait to go back.

We also took our dog, which considering it's a fishing lake it was not an issue, fantastic for fishing, not my thing but everyone I spoke to told me so.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Adam94 1 review from this member

We stayed at lake ross for 10 days and found that the owners nigel and shirley were very welcoming. Throughout the whole holiday they were always there if you need any help and would regularly visit you to make sure you were ok. The toilets and showers were always spotless and were kept to a high standard.

We also found that the clubhouse was a great place to go to in the evening and sit and have a few drinks or prehaps place some pool or darts, there was also a nearby town within 4 miles which was ideal for shopping and dining

The pitches at the site were also in a very good condition and of suitable size, although we never fished I would definitely do so next time

This was a great site that I definitely plan to go back to, I really enjoyed the holiday but it would not be suitable for small children is there is no facilities to keep them occupied.

Date of Visit: October 2009 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: JanetteBanner 2 reviews from this member

A dream of a site if you are an angler as the pitches are within feet of the waters edge, and the lake is well stocked with a variety of fish. The pitches are quite small, and if you have a large awning there is not really room for your vehicle as well, but the car park is close by, so it does not pose a problem. Privacy could be an issue for some folks, but the owners Nigel & Shirley, and those occupying the permanent pitches are just so friendly, that the lack of it didn't bother us at all. The site is beautifully maintained and the toilets and the 20p shower are immaculate and more than adequate for the number of pitches. There is a small pot washing area with a butler style sink, and a little club house which is cosy and welcoming.It is not suitable for children due to the proximity of the lake, and although quite close to Spalding, there is no bus service. However there is a small general store/ post office within walking distance should you need provisions. For us, everything is perfect !

Previous     13 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Lincolnshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Dining Package, worth 124.98 from Yeomans Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Somerset Motorhome Show 12/09 to 14/09 Shepton Mallet
All the latest Motorhomes and a host of accessories. Win Tickets or buy Discounted Day Ticket Offer!