Visitor Reviews - The Dell Touring Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Suffolk > Site Reviews

The Dell Touring Park
Beyton Road
Thurston
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk   (Browse area)
IP31 3RB   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  5m 5m  5m  5m   5m

Pitches: 45 please note only 6 tent pitches in family area
Open: 24th February Until 23rd October

Reviews:  76 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Diane66 1 review from this member

We visited this site on the recommendation of friends, I must say the site is immaculately kept and the current owners are always on hand to help. We arrived on Wednesday and within 1/2 hour of setting up my back went, I suffer from a disc problem. Dawn (The owner) offered my wife the details off a Chiropractor that she uses, I made the appointment for the Friday. Each morning Dawn came to our unit to see if the was anything she could get or help with as my wife is also disabled. I must say that both Dawn and Andrew offered help all the time during our stay. The toilet block is always kept immaculate, there is also cloths to wipe down the sick units after use and also bottles of hand soaps provided. Unfortunately we were unable to visit the places we intend too, so we WILL be returning to this site to fulfil our visit. Would thoroughly recommend this site to anyone.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: UKreplay 8 reviews from this member

Very easy to get to.

A14 quiet on our visit but was told it depends on wind direction.

Side / access road not too busy but the cars are quite fast. No heavy lorrys but a number of tractors, vans etc.

Site nicely laid out pitches with plenty of space around you and very peaceful esp watching the hares is the fields.

Shower/ toilet block nice and clean ( one shower out of order on men's side ), water nice and warm.

Wardens very helpful and informative.

Wifi worked fine on normal Internet use, I didn't try streaming stuff.

There is a local bus into Bury St Edmunds from the site entrance, 3. 40 return for an adult. It took around 30 mins as it went into an estate or two.

Lovely site, would visit again

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Vanalan 8 reviews from this member

Really well run site, immaculately clean facilities, tidy, well kempt and above all spacious. I was a little unsure after reading comments about The Dells closeness to the A14 and only booked three nights but I needn't have worried and subsequently extended our stay by an extra couple of nights (and our pitch was just about as close as you could get to the A14 out of the whole site).

We didn't use the local pubs or shops but found the bus to Bury St. Edmunds (about 30 mins) a godsend. However there are two hours between buses after 09:30, so get up and get going!

We were also able to link up with a bus to Lavenham by getting off at Bury Hospital, crossing to the bus stop opposite and waiting approx. 5 minutes.

We really enjoyed our time at The Dell and the things to do locally (Bury, Lavenham, N. T. Properties and just a bit further, Flatford Mill of Constables 'The Haywaine' fame and would not hesitate to return.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Pipley 5 reviews from this member

It is with regret that I post this review as there is absolutely nothing the campsite owners can do to rectify the situation. This is a lovely site with fantastic facilities manned by two lovely wardens; you couldn't ask for more - except for the whole site to be moved. It is VERY close to the A14 and the road noise is horrendous - unrelenting at all hours. I read the other reviews on here before booking and took note of the fact there was some road noise but others suggested it wasn't too bad and you eventually learnt to 'tune it out'. Unfortunately, in my case, this was not possible. I am used to dealing with background noise all day as I work in a large, busy school and I also live close to a main road so I didn't think it would be a problem. I was wrong. However, we were under canvas so nothing much really to absorb the noise whereas other campers who were in caravans or motor homes said they didn't really notice it.

I wish it weren't so but feel I must be honest. Sorry.

Date of Visit: March 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jasmo 8 reviews from this member

A spotless site, level pitches with hardstanding and owners who were friendly, helpful and welcoming. We found Bury a lovely town with a good range of quality shops and places to eat and some beautiful countryside to tour. We visited Ickworth which was stunning, Sutton Hoo which was fascinating and lovely Lavenham. The highlight was seeing a Dartford warbler at Dunwich Heath.

The site was perfect apart from the noise from the nearby A14 which was intrusive even in weather that meant we spent the majority of the time in the caravan.

Date of Visit: October 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Severina12 2 reviews from this member

We are a regular at this site. Why? Because it is spotless.

This is a very friendly site with a nice feel. Nicely laid out with adults only and family areas.

Always very well maintained with a combination of hard standing and grass pitches.

The toilet block facilities are immaculate. Modern and always spotless. They clean them several times a day.

There are a couple of good pubs near enough for a wander. The bus to Bury stops at the campsite at specific times, check the timetable. Bury itself is a lovely town, with a great Sat market, high street shops and many independent shops. Lots of lovely places to eat and drink.

The have free Wifi and a good TV signal.

Perfect site.

Previous     76 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Suffolk   -   Search for a site

Win a OLPRO Caravan Cover 3 sets of AutoSock car snow socks to be won

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 2017 - 19th to 22nd January
A huge choice of the latest model caravans, motorhomes and holiday homes on display from over 200 exhibitors ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016

UKCampsite.co.uk
24 Daily Prizes and a Christmas Day Star Prize worth 289.99!
Open Today's Window!