Visitor Reviews - California Cliffs Holiday Park ( Parkdean Resorts )

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Norfolk > Site Reviews

California Cliffs Holiday Park ( Parkdean Resorts )
Rottenstone Lane
Scratby
Great Yarmouth
Norfolk   (Browse area)
NR29 3QU   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 0843 309 2552

1m  5m  1m   5m

Pitches: Statics Only
Open: 21 March To 31 Oct

Units accepted:   No Tents  No Caravans  No Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:

Write your own Review for a chance to Win £300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a £300 Prize Package including £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: October 2012 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Gary.harvey27 3 reviews from this member

This is a lovely site right opposite the beach.

We have visited this site twice this year, and are impressed by the layout and cleanliness.

The indoor pool is nice and warm, and has doors inside which allow you to swim out into the outdoor pool, which has a small slide.

The shop was well stocked on our 1st visit in May, but was very low on everything when we returned in October. Good play area with crazy golf and bike hire, and a good selection of food available, including an on-site chippy.

Staff were friendly and helpful, and the caravan we stayed in was comfortable and clean.

Site is only a 10 minute drive from Great Yarmouth, and we found that a 45 minute walk along the sandy beach took us into Hemsby, which has a small funfair for the children. Overall the site is well worth a visit, but you will need transport, as there is only the beach and a couple of arcades close by.

Date of Visit: July 2006 Unit:  Static
Reviewer: Scooby33 1 review from this member

This was our first caravan holiday, so for us the holiday started on the journey up. We got there 2 hours before checking in time, we were allowed to use the restaurant/bar to have a drink and wait. When it was time for collecting keys this was a bit mad because I believe we were one of the first there but when we actually noticed what was going on we had to wait 15 minutes in the queue they don't actually tell you.

The caravan was good when we first looked around it, we unpacked and then started to notice ants, there where everywhere, the last resort was when I went to have a drink and my husband noticed a fly ant on the rim, so off I went to complain, they were really good about it but explained that bronze (the cheapest) does have this problem, which to me is saying well you did book cheap what do you expect. By this time it was very late and I had my 2 year old a sleep, we got given another caravan which was over the other side and got no help to move and guess what it started to rain. The new caravan was very clean so I can't complain about this.

Because it was so late I nipped over to their food corner where they do burgers/kebabs basically takeaway food, well what a shock when I got back with it, I got one burger and one kebab as I thought me and hubby could share both, you couldn't share any the burger cut in half you got 3 bites and it was gone and the kebab was pitta bread and onions with 3 small pieces of kebab, this was very upsetting.
Well that's the bad things out the way, the park is pretty quiet in the daytime but does have a kids time with sparky which is very good, but you have to be with the children at all times, which can be a little boring when all you can do is watch and drink but they are very good with the children.

The swimming pool is pretty small but as there wasn't a lot of people there is was big enough, a bit on the cold side but OK.

The fish and chip shop was very very nice but very expensive but again the food is very nice, it is all cooked as you order so be prepared to wait a while.

The night entertainment is good, we started of with a game of bingo, then some golden oldie quiz times then children's entertainment and the night entertainment is always worth watching.

The staff are very helpful and Sparky is always around to give the children a giggle.

Right outside there is an amusement place a takeaway shop and a Chinese takeaway, I had a Chinese but did not rate this very good but the takeaway shop was good value for money and very nice. So after the night time entertainment this is where we went to get our food.

A nice place to go but would only recommend a week. I will be going back at some point.

Write your own Review for a chance to Win £300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Norfolk   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth £49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet NEC Motorhome and Caravan Show 17th to 22nd October
See all the new-for 2018 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans – plus 1000s of accessories ...more