Visitor Reviews - Windermere Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North West > Lake District & Cumbria > Site Reviews

Windermere Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Ashes Lane
Staveley Windermere
(lake District)
Kendal
Cumbria   (Browse area)
LA8 9JS   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m   10m  5m

Open: 12th March 2015 - 11th January 2016

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Glamping

Reviews:  104 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Mikey951r 10 reviews from this member

I had one night here with a bicycle and small backpacking tent on my way from Lands End to John O Groats. I phoned in advance and arrived a little late, but that was no trouble for the warden whatsoever, who even made me a cup of tea. Excellent pitch on a raised area to the side of the site and with spectacular views. Toilets etc all top quality and very clean. Just outside the town so no road noise and only a short ride from Morrisons for supplies. Absoultely first rate and with wardens that actually understand what customer service is all about, plus very good value for money at £6. 35.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Dukelow 2 reviews from this member

Went to stavely yet again on the 6th of june for eleven days. Had a brill time. Best caravan park around. Staff are so helpful and kind nothing is any trouble for them. As for the whistling pig restaurant just great, the steak meals and gammon meals were just to die for and a very friendly lady, I think her name was margaret and her son runs a very good restaurant, and no late nights or noise from it. Toilets and showers were perfect and very good laundry room. Over all it was perfect and will be back again god willing. Thank you every one involved

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Patricia withe 1 review from this member

I visited this campsite the weekend of 8th May 2015. My daughter who has stayed here before recommended that myself and my partner have the weekend with them at this site. My partner who is not a keen camper he prefers Hotels went along with a somewhat reluctant but open mind. What an experience the camp site is beautiful, toilet and shower facilities were excellent and especially extremely clean which pleases my family. The staff were warm, welcoming and extremely helpful. All facilities are excellent, the children enjoyed the play area and were happy to stay in this area. My partner enjoyed it so much we have bought a new and bigger tent and we are looking forward to going back next month.

Date of Visit: November 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Polly15 2 reviews from this member

Lovely site, with a pub which does reasonable priced meals.

Great for walking in the area.

We were on nice flat, sheltered pitch.

Great value for money.

Lovely area, we just wanted a chill out weekend, and that's exactly what we did total de-stress.

Had a lovely walk too.

Will probably stay again another time in the future.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Yappieannie 11 reviews from this member

This was our 1st Caravan and Camping site (having shelled out to become a member, I was expecting a fan fare on arrival:))

On arrival the warden showed us around a rather large site, pointing out various options, he did not seem up nor down when we choose the 1st pitch. The pitch was large and flat with a very pleasant outlook towards the entrance of the site. There was very little noise despite the site being busy.

The showers were fine, the usual 20 second bust and freeze (if I could I would never use a site that had this type of shower, it's (one of) my pet hates)

A 20 min walk over some very nice countryside took you to a small village where you could get the train/bus to Windermere or Kendal. We took the bus further north to Grassmere and Ambleside which were more on our wave length.

Tea at the Hawkshead Brewery was great value.

It was a good site in a really nice area, there is a pub on the site which we never visited (run out of time) but it looked really nice. We would go back again.

Date of Visit: December 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Paul Pearson 9 reviews from this member

FANTASTIC ! What a lovely site, from the warm welcome from the wardens ( I had a towbar problem, they unhooked it, hooked back up to the tractor and parked it for me, all without asking ), to the warm welcome in the pub. Good location just 2 miles from Kendal, 6 miles to Windermere. Very quiet location, quite a big site but very friendly. Chatty touring site, and friendly seasonal owners too. Nice small shop, toilets are SO warm, just what you need.

You'll enjoy your holiday here ! Good for children too.

And dogs. And adults, by the way.

Previous     104 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Cumbria   -   Search for a site

Win a bundle of VARTA camping essentials worth over £100! Win a Festival Starter Pack, worth over £100!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 20th – 23rd August
The world’s biggest tribute band music festival in East Yorkshire - PLUS exclusive 10% discount on tickets!