Visitor Reviews - Ty Mawr Holiday Park ( Park Resorts )

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Wales > Conwy > Site Reviews

Ty Mawr Holiday Park ( Park Resorts )
Towyn Road
Towyn
Abergele
Conwy   (Browse area)
LL22 9HG   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 0843 309 2591

10m  5m   10m

Open: 23 March To 02 Nov

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  120 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Anthns 3 reviews from this member

This is a well located site we arrived and was on the meadows touring fields with electric the site has absolutely everything on it. We are a family with 3 children we got the entertainment passes. Now I advise not to stay in peak times like august why? Firstly the complex cannot handle the quantity of people there we could not get in the pool it was heaving queues waiting to get in we went in once in ten days also you have to pay extra for some activities and must be booked prior, But the pool itself is great. The club house is good but to get a seat you had to be in about 6pm entertainment was ok but we didn't like going out so early we went about 7. 30pm couldn't get to the bar or get a seat so we went the beer is expensive I bought my wife a hooch it was £4. 80 beer is £3. 20 The restaurant lol no chance I walked in that's it heaving. Although it was packed the site has a nice park for the kids. If you cross the road from the site there's another pub across the road with full entertainment venue with a café and a chippy we went in every night and it was cheap its called the golden gate. All in all great location sites probably ok low season but we had a great time anyway but next visit I'am gona try the next site down henleys

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Blackpoolmartin 3 reviews from this member

Ty mawr nightmare.

We went 2 weeks ago for 3 nights and stayed on the warren with ehu as normal. 1st night noise from 5 or 6 units that was all the same family at 1am. Reported to security ( joke). They called and got them to stop. 2nd night 1. 30am karaoke machine again so reported to security who came again. 3rd night started at midnight with screaming and fighting so i called security who came down. 1am mass brawl security and police called. Police arrived about 1. 30am. Everything went quiet till 3am when all hell broke loose. Fighting, booting cars, screaming death threats, threatening other campers who was in the field watching this incident so security called and police again. 3. 40am ish police arrived and made 1 arrest (joke). My son was hysterical, the man next to us had 3 kids under 4 yr old all crying and about a dozen other campers stood in amazement what was happening. 9. 30 am 6 caravan owners went to reception to demand a meeting with management. Guess what ? No one would talk to us so it was left to a young receptionist to deal with. Park resorts management should be ashamed how this has been dealt with. We contacted head office 2 weeks ago and still no manager has the decency to contact me. Well park resorts, if you think this is getting brushed under the carpet, think again. Night security was a lovely lady about 50yr old and a bloke who was 60 and on his 1st shift there, so they could not do much. Ty mawr state between 11pm and 7am no noise will be tolerated and if warned then will be asked to leave. It obviously didn't work this time. Will we return ? No thanks. My son was enjoying it until this incident. I thought it was a family park. Well if getting drunk fighting and shouting death threats is your type of thing then welcome to ty mawr. I don't pay top dollar for a risk my van will get booted or my family subjected to drunkard fighting on a so called family site. I just hope the other 6 campers who complained to ty mawr read this and do like i am going to do and post this on trip advisor, uk campsites, and all other facebook camping pages.

Park resorts management team, hold your heads in shame.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Wilson128 2 reviews from this member

Great facilities and a very good price. Pool was a winner for the kids, the sports bar was great for the hubby and kids to watch the World Cup game. Boys enjoyed the park. Food was ok for the price too. On arrival I was worried as the shower blocks were porta-cabin type buildings, but the facilities were very tidy and clean. I would suggest leaving a mop in the units so campers can mop up after themselves. A great weekend at a good price. One little complaint is that the grass needs to be cut on camping field, it did make it look untidy.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Lynles 15 reviews from this member

We returned here again this year, taking advantage of the parks regular offers. We had 4 days mid week for £44 with EHU and club passes. No repairs seemed to have been done since last year and we must have been too soon for the annual grass cut but we still enjoyed it. We were concerned about a certain traveller type van patrolling round but when we flagged the security van down she expressed concern and kept asking us if it had returned each time she passed. Would return again if only for the value. Very handy for fair and market at Tir Prince and Knightly`s fair and beach are not too far to walk.

Les

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Blackpoolmartin 3 reviews from this member

BRILLIANT STAY. 2 adults and 1 son (11) went for 4 nights and wish we could have stayed longer. Great entertainment for the kids in day and night. Swimming pool the best we have seen and with the extra advantage of the total wipeout course my son loved it. Toilets and showers was the cleanest we have stayed at any camp site. Staff very helpful and cannot wait to return in july. Great time was had by all.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Womble-1 2 reviews from this member

Being coming to ty mawr for the last 30 years for touring and camping holidays, its a great location and is good for the kids.

In this time I've never had to go in the office to complain about anything until this year, we've stayed twice this year and have experienced nothing but trouble and silly rule changes on both occasions by new management and new security staff!

These changes will not work in a month of Sundays as one is your not allowed any more to take a commercial vehicle onto the touring/camping fields (except for loading/unloading).

Anybody with a brain knows this wont work as hundreds of people come here in the works van touring or camping and generally keep everyday camping items or clothes etc etc in there vehicle and walking back up to the reception car park to get a toilet roll out of your vehicle for example isnt going to happen!

Another gripe was when we left the caravan here for a week and only to return at the weekend after a long drive to find are electric lead being taken, we discovered this was by a new head of security person who failed to see the bright green ticket in the window with the details on!

Could of done without any of this as we just wanted to get in the caravan-turn the tv on and chill out-but was just meet by a unfamiliar security woman accusing us of not paying the site fees-after she was proven wrong my electric lead was thrown back at me and without an apology

Many different staff at the moment so obviously must not be a good staff/team spirit going on but I always found it v good before.

We said we weren't coming again and have already booked holidays at haven-prestatyn sands as were so disappointed.

My advise to anyone thinking of going camping/touring at tymawr is not to if your going in any commercial vehicle weather its a mini van or a lwb sprinter as I certainty wont be! (I'm a vauxhall corsa van owner just for the record)

Previous     120 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Conwy   -   Search for a site

Win a Nemesis Ultra Wheel Clamp! from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers