Visitor Reviews - Poston Mill Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Herefordshire > Site Reviews

Poston Mill Park
Golden Valley
Peterchurch
Hereford
Herefordshire   (Browse area)
HR2 0SF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01981 550225

10m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  64 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Us nmatt 10 reviews from this member

We arrived late due to motorway problems, just getting home from work before we set off. When we arrived at approx 8pm the lady on the sight couldn't have been more helpful (and sympathetic!) We needed to borrow an aerial lead because the signal is so weak here, she didn't charge us for that. Don't do like we did and follow the sat-nav. We had to ensure nail-biting narrow roads and blind bends - we came back via Hereford and the journey was no problem whatsoever. The site has the best dog field we have ever seen and the attention to detail is great. All around the site are 'doggie buckets' and hooks and benches, even outside the loo's! Scenery is lovely, although no views from inside your van unfortunately. A lovely walk around the static site gave us an insight into 'how the other half live' again sooo well maintained. There's a little shop on site which was well stocked and a pub/restaurant should you desire. Shame the weather wasn't better as we would have explored this lovely area some more but it was a great re-charge/get away from it all. Phone/internet signal was poor but you can buy a 5 internet card if you wish. Defo 10/10 site.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Cbrpilot 10 reviews from this member

Better late than never, we submitted this review Jan 2015.

Poston Mill really is a gorgeous site, well kept and cared for with helpful, friendly and very approachable staff. The shower and toilet block were always immaculately clean and stocked. It has a well kept manicured pitch and putt course, a very nice kids play area and a lovely little river that runs beside the site which is very nice to fish, from which I caught my first ever Brown Trout.

We toured the area quite comprehensively, our favourite places being the Elan Valley and the Red Kite feeding station amongst many others.

We are hoping to return in 2015 to take up where we left off.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Huwi 3 reviews from this member

I was impressed with the appearance of the site upon arrival but soon realised why I choose to use CL's rather than formal sites like this. The rows of caravans made the place feel unnatural despite the work put in to make it smart. I couldn't fault the facilities as they were sparkling clean and it was nice to have a fully serviced pitch. I had chosen the site because I had my Mum (90) with me who needed the shower block as she didn't want to use the shower in the caravan. I saw plenty of sites in the area with much better views and natural surroundings at half the price, albeit without super pitch facilities.

I can understand why people like the site, it just doesn't suit me that well.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Georget64 16 reviews from this member

Just spent 3 nights at this excellent site. 22 per night for a super pitch in the middle of August seems great value for money. What is not evident in the publicity is the fact that the pub/restaurant and shop are only open from Thursday to Sunday inclusive, and the pub closes at around 4. 30 pm on Sundays. Facilities are of a high standard, and the site immaculately maintained

Public transport from the site entrance, and takes both Welsh and English senior passes (English passes can be used only after 9. 30 am).

Will definitely return.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bazoon 4 reviews from this member

Just spent a weekend at this campsite with my wife our daughter and our dog where do I start. From the minute we arrived the staff were smiling and were really friendly one of them even took us to our pitch on a push bike. The pitch itself was really big and easy to get a twin axle tourer in there. The facilities for me and my wife were fantastic they were even better for my daughter within the play area. There was swings, slides, tennis, pitch and putt, table tennis in fact there was to many to mention, . The dog walk was fantastic so my dog loved it there. All in all it is a fabulous campsite and will definitely be returning soon

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Elsiekay 46 reviews from this member

This site is situated in a stunningly beautiful area around 10 miles from Hay on Wye. The B approach road is tight in places but navigable with care. Be careful not to follow the sat nav from Abergavenny as this will lead to a hair raising journey. The site does mention this in it's directions

The site itself is mainly static vans, caravan storage with a separate touring area and the whole place is immaculately kept. The facilities block is spotless and though the site was virtually full, there was no queueing. There is a pitch and putt course and a lovely big children's play area, at least it looked good to me with no children. The River Dore runs along the edge of the site and there is a very pleasant short riverside walk within the site area. There are a number of footpaths from the site from which you can reach the neighbouring villages although we didn't have time.

The small shop is open Thurs to Sun (I think) but only in the morning although Reception has some supplies. We ate at the Mill restaurant one evening and found the food to be good and reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend the chilli!

There is a bus stop at the site entrance to Hay on Wye/Brecon in one direction and Hereford in the other. Hay was a lovely spot if you like pottering in antique and book shops. The buses seem to run about every couple of hours but Reception has timetables. The buses accept English bus passes which isn't always the case in the Welsh borders.

All in all a very pleasant stay. The only slight niggle I have is that there was noise from the surprisingly busy B road outside but that wouldn't put me off going again, nor should it put you off. This is beautifully kept site with friendly staff and in a lovely area well placed for exploring Herefordshire and the Brecon area. Can't wait to go back.

Previous     64 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Herefordshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Highlander Aeolus 4 Air Frame Tent Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally and Camping Weekend 4th to 5th July
HURRY Advanced booking now open - 3 nights camping in any unit, and admission to rally all weekend