Visitor Reviews - Poston Mill Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Herefordshire > Site Reviews

Poston Mill Park
Golden Valley
Herefordshire   (Browse area)
HR2 0SF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01981 550225

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  65 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Flyball 7 reviews from this member

This is our second visit and the welcome was very warm. The facilities are spotless and although there was quite a few tourers and tents on site over the weekend there was no queues for the toilets and showers. We have 2 dogs and the site is well set up for dogs, and the staff were pleased to see them about.

The shop is open till 11. 30am and if you have forgotten something the reception staff will open the shop at any time. The Mill bar and restaurant has new staff running it this year and what a difference it has made the quality is vastly improved. Dogs are allowed in the bar area but not in the restaurant upstairs as it is carpeted. The family running the Mill have a good chef and a willingness to please but are not open on Mondays or Tuesday and Wednesday evenings yet.

The site is very well kept and the exercise areas for the dogs is huge. They are out in the countryside with plenty of walks available but the surrounding towns are a fair distance away.

We will certainly recommend this site and stay again.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Us nmatt 12 reviews from this member

We arrived late due to motorway problems, just getting home from work before we set off. When we arrived at approx 8pm the lady on the sight couldn't have been more helpful (and sympathetic!) We needed to borrow an aerial lead because the signal is so weak here, she didn't charge us for that. Don't do like we did and follow the sat-nav. We had to ensure nail-biting narrow roads and blind bends - we came back via Hereford and the journey was no problem whatsoever. The site has the best dog field we have ever seen and the attention to detail is great. All around the site are 'doggie buckets' and hooks and benches, even outside the loo's! Scenery is lovely, although no views from inside your van unfortunately. A lovely walk around the static site gave us an insight into 'how the other half live' again sooo well maintained. There's a little shop on site which was well stocked and a pub/restaurant should you desire. Shame the weather wasn't better as we would have explored this lovely area some more but it was a great re-charge/get away from it all. Phone/internet signal was poor but you can buy a 5 internet card if you wish. Defo 10/10 site.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Cbrpilot 13 reviews from this member

Better late than never, we submitted this review Jan 2015.

Poston Mill really is a gorgeous site, well kept and cared for with helpful, friendly and very approachable staff. The shower and toilet block were always immaculately clean and stocked. It has a well kept manicured pitch and putt course, a very nice kids play area and a lovely little river that runs beside the site which is very nice to fish, from which I caught my first ever Brown Trout.

We toured the area quite comprehensively, our favourite places being the Elan Valley and the Red Kite feeding station amongst many others.

We are hoping to return in 2015 to take up where we left off.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Huwi 3 reviews from this member

I was impressed with the appearance of the site upon arrival but soon realised why I choose to use CL's rather than formal sites like this. The rows of caravans made the place feel unnatural despite the work put in to make it smart. I couldn't fault the facilities as they were sparkling clean and it was nice to have a fully serviced pitch. I had chosen the site because I had my Mum (90) with me who needed the shower block as she didn't want to use the shower in the caravan. I saw plenty of sites in the area with much better views and natural surroundings at half the price, albeit without super pitch facilities.

I can understand why people like the site, it just doesn't suit me that well.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Georget64 16 reviews from this member

Just spent 3 nights at this excellent site. 22 per night for a super pitch in the middle of August seems great value for money. What is not evident in the publicity is the fact that the pub/restaurant and shop are only open from Thursday to Sunday inclusive, and the pub closes at around 4. 30 pm on Sundays. Facilities are of a high standard, and the site immaculately maintained

Public transport from the site entrance, and takes both Welsh and English senior passes (English passes can be used only after 9. 30 am).

Will definitely return.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bazoon 4 reviews from this member

Just spent a weekend at this campsite with my wife our daughter and our dog where do I start. From the minute we arrived the staff were smiling and were really friendly one of them even took us to our pitch on a push bike. The pitch itself was really big and easy to get a twin axle tourer in there. The facilities for me and my wife were fantastic they were even better for my daughter within the play area. There was swings, slides, tennis, pitch and putt, table tennis in fact there was to many to mention, . The dog walk was fantastic so my dog loved it there. All in all it is a fabulous campsite and will definitely be returning soon

Previous     65 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Herefordshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Buzz Rack Scorpion 2 Bike Carrier Win a CUBO Breeze Inflatable Campervan Awning!

UKCS Meet Camperex 2016 - Liverpool Exhibition Centre 8 - 10th January
Brand new leisure show for touring caravans, motorhomes, campers and park homes. Win tickets!

Coming Soon!