Visitor Reviews - Jacobs Mount Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North East > North Yorkshire > Site Reviews

Jacobs Mount Caravan Park
Stepney Road
North Yorkshire   (Browse area)
YO12 5NL   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m  5m  5m   5m  5m

Open: March To November

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  83 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Woopededoo 1 review from this member

Fairly new to caravan touring and really liked this site. Excellent site fee, cheap electric that you only pay for what you use. Disposal points at handy areas. Nice staff, 6 taxi ride into Scarborough, very handy for the motorcycle racing at Olivers Mount. Continental type water hook up and drainage. I needed an extension length of drainage pipe and the site shop had drainage pipe for 1. 40 metre, local caravan dealer - 2. 20

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Jilly 2 reviews from this member

Ive been a few times to Jacobs Mount so felt I would give my two penneth worth.

As others have said, pitches are hard standing each with electric and water point. Five showers in the ladies with hooks on doors and plastic garden chair to put things on.

Spacious clean toilets, five or six with cold water, wash basin and soap dispenser. Separate clean wash area with hot and cold water (no soap dispenser) hand dryer, hair dryer 20p a minute ish. Showers 1 for three tokens, eight minutes a piece which you put in outside your shower. (token machine next to reception)

Plenty of time although push button a little annoying. Onsite shop fine for milk, sweets etc. Childrens playground brilliant for the kids and ours loved it. There is a small area for under fives at the Pub which is pleasant. Food in the Pub very nice and good portions. Two adults, two kids and couple of pints around 25 (closed on a Wednesday) We walked into Scarborough and after the initial 400 yards of hair raising fast road was quite pleasant. The Stepney Farm shop 10 minutes away very good for your bbq goodies. All in all a good location for Scarborough and a very enjoyable time was had. We did put 5 on the electric card and three days later had used 4p. We charged our phones and plugged a laptop and lamp in. Reception seemed to think there may have been some left on the pitch. Oh and one other thing, we found all the staff friendly. Dare I say even the seasonal campers happily chatted to us and we never felt like it was them and us ;-)

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Penfold703 4 reviews from this member

Stayed at the site this May Half term and I have to write to say how dispoionted I was after reading such good reviews, Where do start when I arrived at the campsite I was asked how much electricity I would like to pay for. When I booked the site over the telephone I asked if the pitch had electric to which the response was yes, not once was it mentioned that it was extra and had to be paid for on electric meter card. Next came the showers again nothing mentioned not even when we booked in that showers had to be paid for. I would suggest that if you are going to charge people for showers that some one should clean them at least once a day, we visited the showers every day during our stay and at different times and not once did they look clean they were just dirty. The showers are poor and you have to hold the button in constant for water. I would also point out that many seasonal pitch holders think they are a cut above the rest. Overall a bad stay of which we won't repeat again having stayed in this area several times I will certainly go back to the previous sites we have stayed at giving Jacobs mount a definite miss.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Red Mick 19 reviews from this member

Just had three nights here. First off, the site is well ordered, with enough hard standing for individual units, with a little grass area if required for sitting out. September rate of 17 including awning is fair enough. Metered electricity cost me 1 per night, a previous review commented on amperage, don't know what it actually is, but at one time, we had fridge, water heater, space heater, TV, microwave and lights all at once, no issues!

The toilets/showers are adequate, but those push buttons! No heat control either?? The token meters are in the wash room area, so when the token is inserted and your time starts, you have to get to your shower, undress, run shower for a time to heat up, then wonder how much time you have left. Eight minutes was actually enough, for me. Can't also figure out why all the toilet cubicles have a sink, cold tap and soap dispensers, when the washroom has sinks, hot and cold taps, but no soap dispenser??

Wi-Fi at 2 a night is OK, but the log in system is awkward and signal strength patchy. One night I didn't have enough signal to be able to pay on line!

All in all, a satisfactory experience, the staff were especially friendly and helpful

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: HazzaDazza 1 review from this member

We have visited many times and as usual the site is very clean great not having to go and fill the aqua roll up with each pitch having its own tap. The only downside is that it isn't a very high amp for electric and if you have anything else on as well as the kettle it trips, I think now that every pitch is metered and you pay for what electric you use rather than a nightly charge it could do with upping to 16amp. Also, I find that the electric charge works out ok and with what we use is less than 2 per night.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: BillyUK 1 review from this member

Having been a seasonal visitor for several years I have to say it's gone from being great to only ok now. Meals at the club are ok, but kids meals are now a bit of a let down. For example if you ordered chicken nuggets, in the past it came with beans or peas, now it's just chips and nuggets (go to Dennison Arms at the bottom of the hill to fill your kids up!). Also, the play area at the back of the club is stated as suitable for under fives only, and literally right next to it is the designated smoking area which for me, no matter how you look it, can't possibly make sense.

Previous     83 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in North Yorkshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Buzz Rack Scorpion 2 Bike Carrier Win a CUBO Breeze Inflatable Campervan Awning!

UKCS Meet Camperex 2016 - Liverpool Exhibition Centre 8 - 10th January
Brand new leisure show for touring caravans, motorhomes, campers and park homes. Win tickets!

Coming Soon!