Visitor Reviews - Jacobs Mount Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North East > North Yorkshire > Site Reviews

Jacobs Mount Caravan Park
Stepney Road
Scarborough
North Yorkshire   (Browse area)
YO12 5NL   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m  5m  5m   5m  5m

Open: March To November

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  81 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Penfold703 4 reviews from this member

Stayed at the site this May Half term and I have to write to say how dispoionted I was after reading such good reviews, Where do start when I arrived at the campsite I was asked how much electricity I would like to pay for. When I booked the site over the telephone I asked if the pitch had electric to which the response was yes, not once was it mentioned that it was extra and had to be paid for on electric meter card. Next came the showers again nothing mentioned not even when we booked in that showers had to be paid for. I would suggest that if you are going to charge people for showers that some one should clean them at least once a day, we visited the showers every day during our stay and at different times and not once did they look clean they were just dirty. The showers are poor and you have to hold the button in constant for water. I would also point out that many seasonal pitch holders think they are a cut above the rest. Overall a bad stay of which we won't repeat again having stayed in this area several times I will certainly go back to the previous sites we have stayed at giving Jacobs mount a definite miss.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Red Mick 16 reviews from this member

Just had three nights here. First off, the site is well ordered, with enough hard standing for individual units, with a little grass area if required for sitting out. September rate of £17 including awning is fair enough. Metered electricity cost me £1 per night, a previous review commented on amperage, don't know what it actually is, but at one time, we had fridge, water heater, space heater, TV, microwave and lights all at once, no issues!

The toilets/showers are adequate, but those push buttons! No heat control either?? The token meters are in the wash room area, so when the token is inserted and your time starts, you have to get to your shower, undress, run shower for a time to heat up, then wonder how much time you have left. Eight minutes was actually enough, for me. Can't also figure out why all the toilet cubicles have a sink, cold tap and soap dispensers, when the washroom has sinks, hot and cold taps, but no soap dispenser??

Wi-Fi at £2 a night is OK, but the log in system is awkward and signal strength patchy. One night I didn't have enough signal to be able to pay on line!

All in all, a satisfactory experience, the staff were especially friendly and helpful

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: HazzaDazza 1 review from this member

We have visited many times and as usual the site is very clean great not having to go and fill the aqua roll up with each pitch having its own tap. The only downside is that it isn't a very high amp for electric and if you have anything else on as well as the kettle it trips, I think now that every pitch is metered and you pay for what electric you use rather than a nightly charge it could do with upping to 16amp. Also, I find that the electric charge works out ok and with what we use is less than £2 per night.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: BillyUK 1 review from this member

Having been a seasonal visitor for several years I have to say it's gone from being great to only ok now. Meals at the club are ok, but kids meals are now a bit of a let down. For example if you ordered chicken nuggets, in the past it came with beans or peas, now it's just chips and nuggets (go to Dennison Arms at the bottom of the hill to fill your kids up!). Also, the play area at the back of the club is stated as suitable for under fives only, and literally right next to it is the designated smoking area which for me, no matter how you look it, can't possibly make sense.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jupeter 2 reviews from this member

My Wife and I have just returned from yet another visit to the Jacobs Mount Caravan Park. We have been visiting this site along with other sites for a number of years along with our friends and family and find we still have to keep returning to Jacobs.

All the staff are very friendly and helpful. It is great value for money for what you get on this site as all pitches are super pitches with own water and drainage facilities. The pitches are a good size and very nicely set out. The shower block is clean and well maintained. The clubhouse is very large and friendly serving excellent food at reasonable prices.

We were pleased with the low cost of the electricity used with the introduction of the smart card payment system, we had £10 put on to start with and got £6. 40 back when we left after the long weekend, admittedly the weather had been kind to us but considering the reasonable pitch per night price, again good value

The site is about a 10 minute car ride into Scarborough or 10 Minutes to the local Morrisons supermarket and close to a large Garden centre.

Would we go back. WE DO

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mercedes 270 2 reviews from this member

Great site, very close to scarborough with out all the traffic queues you get if you stay filey side

Convenient for travelling to whitby robin hoods bay etc,

On site pub decent showers and security barrier which locks at 11pm so beware

Staff are friendly and very helpful they do not tolerate trouble or rule breakers which is great as you know there's less chance of an idiot ruining your holiday

A few basic items are available to buy from reception but there are super markets 10 minutes drive away

Pitch was big enough for our twin wheel 27ft touring van and awning

Recommended site

Previous     81 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in North Yorkshire   -   Search for a site

Win a bundle of VARTA camping essentials worth over £100! Win a Festival Starter Pack, worth over £100!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 20th – 23rd August
The world’s biggest tribute band music festival in East Yorkshire - PLUS exclusive 10% discount on tickets!