Visitor Reviews - Haggerston Castle Caravan Park (haven Holidays)

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North East > Northumberland > Site Reviews

Haggerston Castle Caravan Park (haven Holidays)
Boal
Berwick Upon Tweed
Northumberland   (Browse area)
TD15 2RA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel:

Open: March To January

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  67 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: William scott 9 reviews from this member

Well run touring park and entertainment complex

Large shop on site but Berwick upon tweed has larger stores if you want more only a few miles north away off the A1

Toilets were fair for the size of site no problems as we seen

Complex had the dreaded arm bandits give me your money and win

Small children playground in middle of camp site ice cream van pops in around site if you want a cone

The price was very good under £20 a night with promotions always on the go stay another night a tenner if we were not already pre booked I would have stayed

In all we enjoyed our stay on a friendly site

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Farrer 7 reviews from this member

We stayed here over the Easter holidays our pitch was of a good size weren't directly opposite the park and those pitches we're tiny plus noisy! The positives is that my children loved it and that's the only reason why we went. There are plenty of activities and entertainment to keep them busy. We found the nicest playground was near the golf course. The negatives I have never seen such filthy toilets/shower facilities as these I even went to the warden to inform them, only to be told the cleaner went home sick. I find it hard to believe for 3 days on such a big site a replacement could not be sought. It's a money pit be warned food is pricey, all the arcades and anything else that attracts the kids to want to spend! (luckily we have a system there own purse with money in and once it gone its gone! £1 in 2p's can go along way in the machines)

Would I return yes the kids loved it and that's what this place I about, if I had no children then no, iI much prefer the quiet sites!

Date of Visit: October 2013 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Ferrerorochelle 4 reviews from this member

We stayed here in the october half term week. We were allowed to book in early which was a great start :) We had 2 kids age 9 and 12. There was lots to do for them. The caravan was clean and tidy and they even had supplied 2 heaters to help warm the bedrooms as it was a bit cold at night. These were great and warmed up the rooms no problem. Our electric did go off one night but we rang the helpline and the man came out within 15 mins and had it turned back on. The kids really enjoyed the extra activities we booked and the staff who took the activity classes were great. The girls tried the aqua gliders and the instructor was very patient and spent lots of time showing them how to work them correctly. We all enjoyed this holiday and would consider returning again to this park.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Matthew1310 2 reviews from this member

I thought I would leave a review as the last one was April 2013. We have just spent a week at this site in our touring caravan.

Let's start with the positives - our kids loved it! There was so much to do that they were never really bored (which believe me is saying something!) Our son who is 10 tried his hand at archery, pistol shooting the climbing wall and the pool inflatables. There are lots of amusements and the pool tables also kept him entertained. Our two year old daughter loved the kiddies disco and seaside show. There are two indoor pools which were clean and the water was warm with plenty of lifeguards on duty. The children's pool also had a slide in it altough the adults were not allowed on it!

The downside of this is that everything is aimed towards getting money out of you. The activities can easily add up especially if you have two or three wanting to do them. For £36 we got 6 passes but some sessions cost two passes.

There are plenty of takeaways on site although they are also pricey - the chips from the Chinese are cheaper (and nicer) than from the fish and chip shop. The on site pub always seemed busy although two people serving behind the bar on a bank holiday weekend seemed a bit silly.

The on site shop is a Spar and is well stocked - unless you like some vegetables in your diet and then I would look elsewhere! there is a large Tesco on the outskirts of Berwick about 15 minutes away.

The description of the site states that there is a beach a mile away - ignore that! We walked 15 - 20 minutes just to get off the site (via the dog walking field) then at least another hour along a dirt road and over the main east coast railway line and still did not see the sea! We also met other families coming from the opposite direction who had also given up trying to locate a beach!

Now for the touring site. The warden was there to greet us and gave us our allocated site and entertainment passes. We pitched up fine but it was under a tree so when the sun did come out we still did not see it! It did rain while were there but we did not experience any problems as a result of that - the main problem we had was the wasps. The site seemed overrun with them and we had to keep the awning permanently shut to prevent so many getting in!

The touring sites best kept secret is that there are actually TWO shower blocks - the second is at the bottom of the site and each time I used it there was no one else in it or used it while I was in it! Having said that I never saw a cleaner all week and it wasn't exactly sparkling! My husband used the other block and told me there was excrement on the toilet door and that it was still there the next day.

When we arrived I would say the site was less than half full however as it was the bank holiday weekend by Saturay morning there was not a pitch available and then you realise how tightly packed in you are. Sardines is not the word. I'm amazed our caravan / car was not bumped. There was so little space between pitches you could not walk past without stepping over electrical cables or being on the other persons pitch. There has obviously been spacing issues in the past as they now charge £5 per windbreak in an effort to curb encroaching on another's pitch !

There is a 'park' on the touring site which is actually two swings and a swinging rubber tyre! Not exactly 5 star in my opinion.

There is one touring warden for the touring site and whilst she is lovely and helpful one is just not enough. Not her fault but she was rarely there or rarely found. I needed to speak with her about something and waited nearly an hour for her to arrive along with some people who were waiting to pitch up who had ben there 90 minutes - not really fair. As I said not her fault but to be honest, for me, it sums up the whole ethos of the touring site which just seems to be an inconvenient add on for the larger more lucrative static site.

Having said all that would we go back? Yes because the kids loved it and its only an hour from home. Would I go back without the kids - not in a million!

Date of Visit: April 2013 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Mickey Murray 6 reviews from this member

On arrival we were given a pitch that was not suitable to park the car and not suitable to pitch our trailer tent. It then cost us £22 for a pitch we asked for in the 1st place. The toilet/shower facilities were never 5 star and never cleaned properly. I could go on forever with problems. Expensive activities. We will never go there again. A total disappointment for all the family. The best part of the holiday was leaving the site to come home.

Date of Visit: March 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mike 17 3 reviews from this member

Our First trip of the year to the opening weekend. Where do I start, I'll start with very disappointed the whole place was full of problems. The new touring pitches where out of order and not fit for purpose, the toilet block had no lock on the door but had been done out I mean new shower curtains and a tray to put your soap. The main complex is looking tired with a lot of the games out of order. The mash and barrel had a few broken chairs and a hole in a wall with water dripping into a container.

Come on Haven you have had 4 months to sort out problems.

Will I go back after 5 years of using the site, Well it wont be my choice.

Previous     67 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Northumberland   -   Search for a site

Win a Nemesis Ultra Wheel Clamp! from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers