Visitor Reviews - Haggerston Castle Caravan Park (haven Holidays)

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North East > Northumberland > Site Reviews

Haggerston Castle Caravan Park (haven Holidays)
Boal
Berwick Upon Tweed
Northumberland   (Browse area)
TD15 2RA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel:

Open: March To January

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  75 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: September 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Hath 8 reviews from this member

Booked here as we wanted a local site with in a couple hours. We paid 40 for 5 nights with awning and dog. Firstly I have to agree with some of the previous reviews about pitch sizes, these were really small struggling to get van, awning and car on pitch. The hard standing for awning was horrible, large stones that we struggled to get rock pegs in. Toilets and showers were excellent and very clean at all times even with it being so wet. One down side was were you got water and emptied waste water, this surrounded by grass between caravans and after heavy rain began to get muddy could do with a path to it. Warden was really helpful with everything. Shop on site wasn't too badly priced, certainly seen a lot more expensive on other sites. Cant really comment on entertainment as we didn't go but we did have a meal at the mash and barrel (think that was the name) and must admit it was really nice and really not that badly priced for the kind of site your on. My only gripe why do places use frozen chips ??? would I use again probably for the price.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Av0191 1 review from this member

Brilliant holiday cannot praise this park enough very well organised booking Manager very helpful and friendly, all the information he gave us on arrival was fantastic he made us feel our holiday had just begun. On. Inspection of the toilet blocks very clean well looked after by the cleaning staff who also very friendly. The whole site was immaculate. Would highly recommend. Well done Haggerston Castle Staff and well done Haven

Date of Visit: October 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: BRanger5104 11 reviews from this member

I have been to Haggerston once before about 4 years ago and to be honest I had said then that I would never do another Haven site.

I relented as we wanted a short break quite local to home and thought that in the time since our last visit things must have changed, , , right?. Well as it happens we were so wrong. The whole place is. Well........ just wrong.

Now I don't mean any offence by what I am about to say next but if you like kids running around unsupervised, fruit machines and one arm bandits, elevated food prices and poor facilities then this is the place for all of that.

There is some good entertainment for the kids and the staff do try and put on a good show but the 'clubhouse' is always packed and you struggle to get a table. Even when you do eventually get sat down the volume from the PA is so loud you can't do anything but shout to be heard. Progress from your seating area to the bar is slow largely due to the carpet being so sticky, it was like this last time we were here so no change there.

If you do fancy eating out in the main complex you cannot get anywhere without first being 'channeled' past all of the arcade games and fruit machines, this is a typical Haven trick and I am surprised that given the amount of attention that gambling has had from the government that Haven are allowed to get away with this and don't have to segregate the area for over 18s only.

The touring pitches themselves are quite small and some have a slope making the fitting of awnings challenging. The gravelled area is also like a moonscape with large rocks and this is the cheap black stuff a lot of sites are using now probably because it is cheap but creates a lot of black dust that gets everywhere in your van.

It was October when we visited and so I think it would be fair to say I was expecting the site to be wet but the kids play area looked like a renactment of the Somme. The play area itself is not the worst I have seen but is sadly lacking in play equipment.

The toilet and shower blocked were filthy, again I know it was October and so some mess is to be expected but you think they would increase the cleaning times.

There is a small Spar which is well stocked and the prices are similar to most campsites. There are a lot of activities available such as horse riding, high ropes, go carts, row boats etc but as you would expect they are all expensive.

I am not judging and I am all for live and let live but there is also a large proportion of travellers on the touring site. They went off site for most of the day leaving their barking dogs tied to their tow hitches and didn't return till evening.

There is a lot to see and do in the area and there are probably better sites to use as a base to it from.

Would I recommend it. NO Would I come again. NO

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Aliceinglis 6 reviews from this member

Overpriced and unpleasent.

My partner and I were hesitant about booking here because of the price but wanted a site with a pool. We arrived at 5. 30pm and the pool closed at 5. 45pm, would have been nice to know when booking. The pitch was in poor condition, the conctrete was broken and surounded in mud. We decided to pay extra to extended our pitch from 10am to 4pm for 5 and use the pool. All the other activies cost extra, nothing under five pounds. While on our way for some breakfast we saw the queue to get the bands for the pool, it was out the door. We gave up on Haggerston at this point and took the car to Seahouses. Our pitch cost 41, it was more like 10 worth. Will never visit another Haven or similar site.

Date of Visit: October 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jayntaf 7 reviews from this member

It's a lovely site set to a woody feel. Plenty to do for all ages. The animal man is a must to see.

There is a so called dog walk, but it's not really a dog walk, just a stretch of tarmac path and a patch of rough along the way.

The toilets were cleaned at regular intervals, but at the wrong times - ie at peak morning times and probably when they need doing most.

The touring park in some places was muddy and some pitches were small. A tip: choose an all service pitch and pay extra as you have a bigger pitch for your car as well.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jpw1 4 reviews from this member

We booked to stay here for 8 night but only stayed 7 nights due to our caravan getting damaged. The pitches are cramped and you need to use rock pegs for your awning and then very little room for your car. The shower blocks are the worse I've every seen and need to be re built. I could not believe two shower blocks on a site this big and one shower in the males block was broken throughout the whole stay. The shop on site was very expensive and so we used the shops and supermarkets in berwick which is about 10 minutes drive but you will save a fortune and don't forget to buy your drinks where you are there. We were very disappointed with the service we received about the damage to our caravan and are still waiting for Haven to get in touch with us, don't hold out much hope. We visited the holy island which we would highly recommend.

Previous     75 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Northumberland   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet NEC Motorhome and Caravan Show 17th to 22nd October
See all the new-for 2018 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans plus 1000s of accessories ...more