Visitor Reviews - Proctors Stead Caravan And Camping Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North East > Northumberland > Site Reviews

Proctors Stead Caravan And Camping Park
Proctors Stead
Dunstan,
Craster,
Alnwick
Northumberland   (Browse area)
NE66 3TF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  1m  1m  5m  5m  1m  5m   10m  10m  1m  10m

Open: 22 March - 4 November

Reviews:  125 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Raspberryqueen 3 reviews from this member

We stayed on this site in mid September, when there were plenty of spare pitches to choose from. The site is pleasant and peaceful, on a quiet lane close to Craster, and convenient for many other beaches and places of interest in the area. I wanted to say how much we appreciated all the little details that had been thought of - the easily accessible emptying facilities for grey water for older motorhomes, the extra long hose provided to reach vans for re-filling, the larger than usual shower cubicles, which were kept spotless (Give me a larger, older shower anyday, over a cramped modern one !) Toilets had already been cleaned when I went to use them at 7. 30 am. I also appreciated the proper recycling facilities. It surprises me how few sites provide these. Add to all this a friendly, helpful warden, and a lovely, welcoming cat, and you get one very satisfied camper !

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Rosemary50 1 review from this member

I visited with a motor home. My friend and I found the campsite quiet and friendly the owner having a dry sense of humour and very helpful, providing bus time tables and advise. I had a dog but didn't find many local dog walking places where I could let her off the lead for a run but even so we had a most enjoyable stay and found the facilities clean and accessible. We would definitely use the site again as it was reasonably priced.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: GarnetLiz 6 reviews from this member

A good site. Not the very best, but good. The owners were very kind and helpful which made up for many of the slight niggles we had. We went at a very busy time of year and found the site uncomfortably crowded, not as much space between units as I would have liked. Despite the very clear signs saying 'No ball games' there were games of football going on, one rather closer to us than I would have liked, but there was very little empty space for children to play in. However as I didn't complain at the time, it would be harsh to penalise the site for the behaviour of the campers! The facilities were fine and clean (though the ladies' toilets could have done with some bins). Though the site itself seemed crowded, at no time did I have to queue for the showers, toilets or dishwashing. The village pub was good, and we had an interesting walk along to the beach and back past Dunstanburgh and Craster.

Reviewer: Peterpam 3 reviews from this member

We tried here because Dunstan Hill was full and I'm pleased we did. The site is very busy but having said we wanted to be away from tents Mr Davidson found us a quiet spot not far from the shower block. The only real disturbance was the noisy pigeons on top of the hedges! The facilities are just about adequate for the large numbers there but are very dated and quite shabby. Their website claims that they are 'spotlessly clean' but I'm afraid that wasn't the case last week and if they were upgraded they would probably be easier to maintain. The bins were also overflowing long before they were emptied. However, the area is fabulous and the pub in the village only a stroll away for great food. You can see Dunstanborough Castle from the gate and walk there in half an hour. We'd happily go back again.

Reviewer: Jackadoo 5 reviews from this member

Great site with plenty to do in surrounding area. Friendly welcome and interest taken in where we were from etc. Cottage Inn in Dunstan well worth an evening or two with free WIFI for those who feel the need to connect all the time. Craster and Alnwick well worth visiting plus the coastal walks are excellent.

Good level grass pitch with no hassles although neighbouring van was sited a little too close but nothing to really bother about.

Shower block was clean and tidy. Great efforts by the site owners have gone into providing a multitude of bins for recycling - a shame some people are too lazy to be bothered to use them properly but they're probably the same at home.

Coming off the A1 and heading to the site, the road is narrow in few places with a few blind bends. Watch out for cyclists too.

Will definitely be going back.

Reviewer: Edmund Ridsdale 5 reviews from this member

Much as I feel I should not mention this site. To keep it a secret. I must mention it as it will be in order to reward the site owner. Who is truly a great site owner and one of a kind.

We have been here on successive years now and will almost certainly go back at the earliest opportunity.

The site facilities are rustic but very clean and more than adequate to cope with anything that is thrown at them. Lots of showers and toilets for both males and females and apart from needing 20p for the shower, which is more than enough time to have a good shower, there is absolutely nothing to fault them.

There are potwashing facilities and chemical loo drains etc.

Recycling is practised here and there are facilities for mobile homes, water fill up and drain etc.

The pitches are good and the option to choose pitch is often possible if you have been before.

The owner is a hands on owner who with help from his family keeps a very tight and tidy ship. Sorry site. And he is also very helpful and highly visible, often enquiring if everything is alright or if you need anything at all.

The location is superb with lovely views, beaches and monuments along the sea shores in the area. Golf club nearby which provides food to non members and a local pub which supplies very good food now. Having changed hands about two or three years ago.

All in all this is a great site and I am sorry I have no more holidays available to go back again this year.

Full Marks to the owner and his team.

Previous     125 Review in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Northumberland   -   Search for a site

Win a Clarke IG22000 2.2kW Generator worth 467.98! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough
Exciting family entertainment, and you can make a full long weekend of them, by camping on site!Plus win tickets!