Visitor Reviews - Park Foot Caravan And Camping Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North West > Lake District & Cumbria > Site Reviews

Park Foot Caravan And Camping Park
(lake District)
Howtown Road, Pooley Bridge
Cumbria   (Browse area)
CA10 2NA   See Map
Check Digital TV coverage    See Weather Forecast    Add this Site to your Virtual BrochureSave to Virtual Brochure

Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Electric Hookups   Hardstanding Pitches   Full Facilities List

Reviews:  319 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32

Write your own Review to win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: SteppieBristol 15 reviews from this member

This isn't a bad site, but its run on a very commercial basis by young employees who don't really seem very interested in whether visitors have a good experience or not.

We were in the camping field near the lake so had a bit of a view (although the hardstanding pitches along the edge get the best view. ). Apart from the hardstanding pitches which are clearly marked, the rest of the field is a free for all, so there is always the risk of returning from a day out to find you've been surrounded by a large and noisy family group. The drainage on the field was terrible so it was beginning to turn into something of a quagmire.

It's a great location - a short walk into Pooley Bridge with a choice of pubs and a lovely tea-room. It also has a great independent village store open till 10 (pricey but with a lovely range of goodies). The scenery around the lake is stunning and there is loads to do, even in the inevitable wet weather.

I just didn't like the atmosphere of the site - its a holiday park for tents which is fine if that's what you want. I'm sure its great for big family groups. It is pricey though - 23 with no EHU and you still have to pay 20p for the showers! Not one I'd recommend unless you don't have a choice.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Sans31 1 review from this member

We've stayed here quite a few times and have always enjoyed it but after this visit we won't be back.

We decided to take our grandchildren ( aged 2 and 5) camping for two nights. The first night was great- busy but still room for the kids to play. The second day went downhill. On arriving back from a day out we were greeted with blaring music and not a square foot spare for the kids to play. There were tents rammed in any available space. The tents next to us were at the most 3 foot away (I understand camping and caravan club recommend at least 6 meters).

Many were barbecuing and drinking which is fine as they all ended the night by 12 but the people next to us sat talking till half 3 in the morning swearing rather a lot. Bearing in mind we had two young children this was out of order. The night before wardens were visable patrolling but when they were needed no one!

So my concerns are the fire risk if one tent caught fire the lot would go up and the lack of segregation between large groups who want to party and those with young families who want space and a quieter life.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Gdughan 1 review from this member

Being a bit worried after reading some earlier reviews Park Foot wasn't our first choice but other options weren't available. It really is a bit site but pitches were generous in size and the site was well kept and the facilities great. The staff were all polite and helpful and the shop seemed to have everything. Plenty on site for youngsters to play and access to the lake is good. Pooley Bridge is a 20 minute casual walk with numerous paddling diversions for the dogs.

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Littleonechris 1 review from this member

This is the second time I have been to the site. The first time I went with my children. They had a wonderful time. They spent all the time we were on site at the park and we enjoyed the entertainment available.

The second time it was just myself and my partner. When I arrived the receptionist didn't look like she wanted to be there. She was borderline rude and not very helpful. It is not difficult to make eye contact and a smile goes a long way.

The pitch was good, nice and close to the toilets and showers. The showers were lovely and warm and the pressure was good. My only problem with the showers is the payment box. It is located out of the cubicle which means you need to come out of the cubicle to insert the money. The water comes on instantly which means your towel or clothes end up wet as you come back in.

All in all I did like the site and pretty sure we will be back

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Debbiemon 2 reviews from this member

Stayed here for 4 nights, with our dog, in our motorhome. We were a little wary as it is a big site and we don't usually like big sites but we just LOVED this site. It was a little busy over the weekend, but thinned out and was then very quiet. The actual site facilities were really good, clean toilets and showers, fab shop, and right next to the lake. It is an easy walk into Pooley Bridge, with its great pubs and cafe. We caught the steamer to Glenridding, and back, which was amazing. You can walk up to the fells at the back of the campsite, and view the lake and mountains. We will definitely be going back next year.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Cushty Georges 2 reviews from this member

This is the 3rd time me, my husband and my daughter have visited this site and it's by far the best site that we have ever stayed at. Each time we come we try and stay en extra couple of days. We are massive canoeing fans and this site is perfect for just that. It's best to stay on the field near the lake for easy access to the water. The site itself is really well maintained with people continually throughout the day doing general maintenance work and keeping the place clean. There is a shop on site which I think sells just about everything you could possibly think of, the restaurant and takeaway do a good selection of simple food if you can't be bothered to cook. There are water points ever 3/4 plots, the toilet blocks are quite well placed although we just take our own loo. The site is very child friendly with a couple of play grounds. The only bug bear I have was the laundry room which seems like a good idea but ends up costing a fortune to do any washing. The washers & dryers are 2 for 30 mins which isn't long enough to properly wash or dry anything. We spent 12 just basically wetting our clothes then having to dry them in the tent as they just didn't seem to dry in the dryers after 1. 5 hrs. We visited Kesick, Penrith and Windermere which are all within 1 hrs drive. Penrith isn't really worth the drive unless to visit Morrisons for some shopping. Keswick is a lovely place with some good shops. Beatrix Potter Attraction in Bowness-on-Windermere really worth the visit especially for the kids! Over all this is an amazing site that we recommend to anyone who loves camping

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: ToniMcHale123 1 review from this member

Lovely site. we stayed in overflow field away from club house and shop as we prefer more field than site. Short walk into town and lovely walks round. Would recommend the site has something for everyone

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: July 3 reviews from this member

The touring pitches were small and very crammed. The small road In-between was barely a car width and the caravan tow bars came almost up to the road. There really was no room at all. It felt and looked like Like trailer park! Noisy, crammed and very busy. Wish I had seen a picture of the crammed in touring section beforehand. It was definitely the worst pitch I have ever had in over 10 years. So bad I couldn't bare to sit there and went home early.

However, the Large site is well kept. Location nice but still a ten minutes stroll to the lake from our pitch.

Showers clean. Good shop. Clubhouse great for kids to run around. If you like haven you will love this site.

Date of Visit: October 2015 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Paulr5604 2 reviews from this member

Just back from a 3 night stay here in my folding camper the site is massive. The toilets were always clean and the showers were hot. The staff were very helpful and polite. The play park for under 8's was very good my two girls loved it. It is a very nice 10 minute walk along the lakeside into Pooley Bridge. Would I return? Yes I will be returning at some point next year

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Topshelf 11 reviews from this member

Very large site, but well ran. Toilets and showers were the cleanest I have been too considering 95% of the area is grass and the weather was raining on and off, the 20p fee was worth it for a decent warm shower. The shop is also one of the best site shops I have seen, the wi fi was a bit of a pain but I think the site knows this, I wasnt sure if the site was expensive of average price for the area as I went on recommendation from a friend, I would have liked to see some adult entertainment at the weekend, and the play park for the over 8s is poor compared to other sites iv been too. The park also has a area near the lake were you can park your car and launch a boat. Would I go back ? yes I would its the location for me,

Previous     319 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Write your own Review to win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Cumbria   -   Search for a site

Win an Outwell Holidaymaker 500 Inflatable Tent Package worth over 1,000 Win an Win an OLPRO Cubo Campervan Awning

UKCS Meet UK Spring Motorhome & Caravan Show Newark 17 to 18 March 2018
First major outdoor show of the season for day visitors, weekend campers, club rallies and trade stands ...more