Visitor Reviews - Hollingworth Lake Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North West > Lancashire > Site Reviews

Hollingworth Lake Caravan Park
Rakewood
Littleborough
Rochdale
Lancashire   (Browse area)
OL15 0AS   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m 5m  5m   1m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  72 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: October 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Bopp 4 reviews from this member

Great visit. Only spent 1 night as on our way south. Toilet block clean with lots of hot water. Lady in office very friendly and helpful. 'The Wine Press' pub as you go down lane to Site is about 1 mile away with good beer and a good range of meals available. Would stay again.

Date of Visit: October 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: JMBJWB 4 reviews from this member

After reading the reviews of this site I was very disappointed with it. The whole site was waterlogged. There is only a 6amp electric supply which is not mentioned anywhere. As we arrived on a cold damp day we switched the heating and the hot water heater on and immediately blew the fuse. The shower and toilet block is very dated and definitely wasn't cleaned for the first 2 days of our stay. The showers were 50p which I wouldn't have minded paying for better facilities. The floors are tiled and were freezing! Water pressure was very low. The surrounding area is beautiful so it's a shame that the campsite is so poor.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mrmotorx 79 reviews from this member

Just had a wonderful weekend here at hollingworth lake. We knew what to expect as we have stayed here twice before, but never this busy. It was still a lovely relaxing site with plenty to do if so required, the weather outlook was not good rain and thunder storms, but all we had was a very short rain spell, the rest of the weekend was really warm and pleasant. Although this was the busiest we have witnessed it still was no where near cramped or pitched on top of each other. Pitch size is huge and in general we all had a great time so much that I am sure we will return again. 15 per night with ehu for us. 2 x A 1 x C

Great weekend many thanks

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Hippydebs 1 review from this member

Just returned from a 2 night stay, well is all I can say is what a wonderful site to stay on. The male owner of the site, told us all we needed to know about the site and where everything was. Pitches are of generous size and had electric hook up and facilities for waste and fresh water and rubbish were really good. Toilet blocks were really good as were the toilets. There is even a lovely kids play park on site. Loads to do around the area, there was places to eat and drink, various shops and lovely walkways and scenery. This site is well worth a visit, I will certainly be back for a lovely relaxing break

Date of Visit: January 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mrmotorx 79 reviews from this member

If I had read some of the previous reviews then I suspect I would NOT have booked this site. However I did book ( gave an hours notice ) and turned up, 'there will be nobody around when you turn up have you been before ' 'no I replied' ' ' ok, ' and was given directions when I got to site ' DO NOT drive on the grass I was told' that's ok with me I didn't want to get stuck.

It was a case of park where you want to, which we did, the hard standing pitches are all marked out so it was straight forward. I was not too sure as to where to park my car so I parked it on the next pitch to me ( there was another 5 pitches vacant ) it was dark when we arrived so we chanced it. We did trip electric out twice, I am sure it was our fault and not so much the supply, we did have heater on, microwave on and the kettle tripped out the mains.

Saturday afternoon we went for a stroll around hollingworth lake taking us approx 1. 1/4 hour to do the lap which was a nice walk until when we were at the far side it started to snow. Sorry rambling again.

Site hard standing pitches are adequate not sure where I would park car might be a little tight next to caravan. 15 per night with ehu 2 adults 1 child no awning. Toilets are clean and serviceable ( my opinion if you want modern toilets it wont be 15 a night ) you get what you pay for which we were more than happy with. Small shop on site and a small kids play area at far end of site/ near the entrance to drive in ( sure it not part of the campsite though).

We are usually quite picky as to where we stay, needless to stay we really enjoyed our stay here and shall return for the better weather.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Hetty1 2 reviews from this member

This site is in need of a facelift. We booked in for one night and left after a couple of hours after a large and loud party camped right next to us - literally a few feet away! The location is good, but there is building work going on close to the site also. Hopefully this will be an improvement for the toilet block and showers which were clean but very tired. Not bad for only 15 but could be so much nicer.

Previous     72 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Lancashire   -   Search for a site

Win a OLPRO Caravan Cover 3 sets of AutoSock car snow socks to be won

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 2017 - 19th to 22nd January
A huge choice of the latest model caravans, motorhomes and holiday homes on display from over 200 exhibitors ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016

UKCampsite.co.uk
24 Daily Prizes and a Christmas Day Star Prize worth 289.99!
Open Today's Window!