Visitor Reviews - Hollingworth Lake Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North West > Lancashire > Site Reviews

Hollingworth Lake Caravan Park
Rakewood
Littleborough
Rochdale
Lancashire   (Browse area)
OL15 0AS   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m 5m  5m   1m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  68 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: January 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mrmotorx 68 reviews from this member

If I had read some of the previous reviews then I suspect I would NOT have booked this site. However I did book ( gave an hours notice ) and turned up, 'there will be nobody around when you turn up have you been before ' 'no I replied' ' ' ok, ' and was given directions when I got to site ' DO NOT drive on the grass I was told' that's ok with me I didn't want to get stuck.

It was a case of park where you want to, which we did, the hard standing pitches are all marked out so it was straight forward. I was not too sure as to where to park my car so I parked it on the next pitch to me ( there was another 5 pitches vacant ) it was dark when we arrived so we chanced it. We did trip electric out twice, I am sure it was our fault and not so much the supply, we did have heater on, microwave on and the kettle tripped out the mains.

Saturday afternoon we went for a stroll around hollingworth lake taking us approx 1. 1/4 hour to do the lap which was a nice walk until when we were at the far side it started to snow. Sorry rambling again.

Site hard standing pitches are adequate not sure where I would park car might be a little tight next to caravan. £ 15 per night with ehu 2 adults 1 child no awning. Toilets are clean and serviceable ( my opinion if you want modern toilets it wont be £15 a night ) you get what you pay for which we were more than happy with. Small shop on site and a small kids play area at far end of site/ near the entrance to drive in ( sure it not part of the campsite though).

We are usually quite picky as to where we stay, needless to stay we really enjoyed our stay here and shall return for the better weather.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Hetty1 2 reviews from this member

This site is in need of a facelift. We booked in for one night and left after a couple of hours after a large and loud party camped right next to us - literally a few feet away! The location is good, but there is building work going on close to the site also. Hopefully this will be an improvement for the toilet block and showers which were clean but very tired. Not bad for only £15 but could be so much nicer.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Terriandroy 3 reviews from this member

We have just got back form the site it was a great weekend.

We were greater by the owner in reception who was lovely and helpful, we had two spots next to each other. The owners son took us down to our spot and helped with pitching my friends caravan.

It was a busy weekend but not to full. The owner did a little drive round every now and then making sure dogs were on leads and everyone was ok and keeping the rules which I've never seen before on campsites.

The shower block was a bit far from the the campers but were lovely and clean and you got 15 minutes for 50p for the showers. There is a small toilet block on the field but not as clean as the main block. There seems to be so work going on for a new block but not sure when it will be finished.

We booked the horse riding and was great value £10. 50 for 45 minutes.

There is a great little park next to the campsite we had hours of fun with a great little ice cream van.

We didn't use any of the local pubs or restaurants but seemed busy when we drove in and out.

The road into the campsite says it restricted and the sat nav kept saying stop here and walk but just keep going and the site is on the right. There are no sings for the site before you get there.

Reviewer: Mum2hande 2 reviews from this member

Another pleasant trip. Kids adore this place. You really can loose yourself to outside world. Flat field. Pony trecking fab value £10 45 mins. Nice lake side walks and views. Showers and toilets clean. Wow and fab. Brill be their Easter too. Good fish and chips locally as well. Couple of nice restaurants at the lakeside front.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Yorkslee 10 reviews from this member

Just stayed here for the weekend, and it certainly has its pro's & con's.

Pro's:-

Lovely setting with fabulous walks around the lake which is approx a 2. 5 mile walk all the way around.

Nice flat field.

Price at £14 per night its not expensive.

Plenty of rubbish space.

Con's:-

When we called to make the reseravtion I told them we had two dgos which they said wasn't a problem, but when we turned up we were told we were only allowed 1 dog per unit, and was asked if we can take the dogs out separately (as if)

Now our main complaint was not so much the fault of the campsite but a family, where I'm sure the parents had a serious bout of tourettes, as every word they were effing & jeffing at each other and at all the kids they had.

And at one stage I caught one of thier children actually swinging off one of my caravan rear handles, they were throwing stones near the caravans, it was a nighmare, and made our and other campers stay a uncomfortable one, I was informed complaints had been made about the family, but nothing was done or said to them.

The electric was very poor and kept tripping out, even with low volatge kettles & hairdryers.

Cant comment on the showers and toilets as didn't use them, and yes the road in is narrow, but nothing to much to trouble you if you just take it steady.

Would I return again - Not a chance.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Roving pair 25 reviews from this member

Used this site to see the tour de France and although I live quite local to it wasn't aware of how lovely the area is. The site can get a little waterlogged but the staff were very helpful and steered us in the right direction. Lovely walk round the lake and into Littleborough couple of nice places to eat and local pubs. Facilities need upgrading but they are in the process now of building a new block so that will help. We do intend to revisit this site.

Previous     68 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Lancashire   -   Search for a site

Win AutoSock Ice and Snow Wheel Socks Win tickets to the Win a 'Best of British' Holiday worth up to £350!

UKCS Meet Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show 23 - 28 February
The UK’s biggest start of season showcase, held at Birmingham’s NEC. Win 25 pairs of tickets!