Visitor Reviews - Hollingworth Lake Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North West > Lancashire > Site Reviews

Hollingworth Lake Caravan Park
Rakewood
Littleborough
Rochdale
Lancashire   (Browse area)
OL15 0AS   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m 5m  5m   1m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  70 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mrmotorx 77 reviews from this member

Just had a wonderful weekend here at hollingworth lake. We knew what to expect as we have stayed here twice before, but never this busy. It was still a lovely relaxing site with plenty to do if so required, the weather outlook was not good rain and thunder storms, but all we had was a very short rain spell, the rest of the weekend was really warm and pleasant. Although this was the busiest we have witnessed it still was no where near cramped or pitched on top of each other. Pitch size is huge and in general we all had a great time so much that I am sure we will return again. 15 per night with ehu for us. 2 x A 1 x C

Great weekend many thanks

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Hippydebs 1 review from this member

Just returned from a 2 night stay, well is all I can say is what a wonderful site to stay on. The male owner of the site, told us all we needed to know about the site and where everything was. Pitches are of generous size and had electric hook up and facilities for waste and fresh water and rubbish were really good. Toilet blocks were really good as were the toilets. There is even a lovely kids play park on site. Loads to do around the area, there was places to eat and drink, various shops and lovely walkways and scenery. This site is well worth a visit, I will certainly be back for a lovely relaxing break

Date of Visit: January 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mrmotorx 77 reviews from this member

If I had read some of the previous reviews then I suspect I would NOT have booked this site. However I did book ( gave an hours notice ) and turned up, 'there will be nobody around when you turn up have you been before ' 'no I replied' ' ' ok, ' and was given directions when I got to site ' DO NOT drive on the grass I was told' that's ok with me I didn't want to get stuck.

It was a case of park where you want to, which we did, the hard standing pitches are all marked out so it was straight forward. I was not too sure as to where to park my car so I parked it on the next pitch to me ( there was another 5 pitches vacant ) it was dark when we arrived so we chanced it. We did trip electric out twice, I am sure it was our fault and not so much the supply, we did have heater on, microwave on and the kettle tripped out the mains.

Saturday afternoon we went for a stroll around hollingworth lake taking us approx 1. 1/4 hour to do the lap which was a nice walk until when we were at the far side it started to snow. Sorry rambling again.

Site hard standing pitches are adequate not sure where I would park car might be a little tight next to caravan. 15 per night with ehu 2 adults 1 child no awning. Toilets are clean and serviceable ( my opinion if you want modern toilets it wont be 15 a night ) you get what you pay for which we were more than happy with. Small shop on site and a small kids play area at far end of site/ near the entrance to drive in ( sure it not part of the campsite though).

We are usually quite picky as to where we stay, needless to stay we really enjoyed our stay here and shall return for the better weather.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Hetty1 2 reviews from this member

This site is in need of a facelift. We booked in for one night and left after a couple of hours after a large and loud party camped right next to us - literally a few feet away! The location is good, but there is building work going on close to the site also. Hopefully this will be an improvement for the toilet block and showers which were clean but very tired. Not bad for only 15 but could be so much nicer.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Terriandroy 3 reviews from this member

We have just got back form the site it was a great weekend.

We were greater by the owner in reception who was lovely and helpful, we had two spots next to each other. The owners son took us down to our spot and helped with pitching my friends caravan.

It was a busy weekend but not to full. The owner did a little drive round every now and then making sure dogs were on leads and everyone was ok and keeping the rules which I've never seen before on campsites.

The shower block was a bit far from the the campers but were lovely and clean and you got 15 minutes for 50p for the showers. There is a small toilet block on the field but not as clean as the main block. There seems to be so work going on for a new block but not sure when it will be finished.

We booked the horse riding and was great value 10. 50 for 45 minutes.

There is a great little park next to the campsite we had hours of fun with a great little ice cream van.

We didn't use any of the local pubs or restaurants but seemed busy when we drove in and out.

The road into the campsite says it restricted and the sat nav kept saying stop here and walk but just keep going and the site is on the right. There are no sings for the site before you get there.

Reviewer: Mum2hande 2 reviews from this member

Another pleasant trip. Kids adore this place. You really can loose yourself to outside world. Flat field. Pony trecking fab value 10 45 mins. Nice lake side walks and views. Showers and toilets clean. Wow and fab. Brill be their Easter too. Good fish and chips locally as well. Couple of nice restaurants at the lakeside front.

Previous     70 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Lancashire   -   Search for a site

50 Tickets for the NEC Oct Motorhome & Caravan Show Win a Clarke IG2000 2kW Generator

UKCS Meet Beat at Tencreek 60s Weekend, Cornwall - 14th to 16th October
A Sounds of the Swinging Sixties long weekend concert with camping on site ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016