Visitor Reviews - Two Mills Touring Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Norfolk > Site Reviews

Two Mills Touring Park
Yarmouth Road
North Walsham
Norfolk   (Browse area)
NR28 9NA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  5m  5m  5m  5m   1m  5m  1m

Open: March To January

Reviews:  53 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Ashley66 4 reviews from this member

We arrived to a wonderful welcome we were offered tea or coffee something we had never been offered at any other site. The wardens ran us though everything on site. The warden showed us to our pitch soon as we finished our cuppa. The site was spotless lawns well kept not a weed in site. The site is open plan as most English sites no hedges between pitches not a problem at all as it's always good to make new friends and chat over places to visit with other campers. We have a 20ft motorhome there would have been plenty room for an awning but as we were only there for four nights we didn't bother to put it up. The showers and loos were spotless at all times, showers were piping hot we showered at different times of the day and never had to wait in the ladies or gents and the site was full being Easter weekend. TV we had no problem getting a brilliant picture. Mobile full reception. Wifi is available free in the reception area. BT open net work did not work on our pitch but hey we were on holiday. They also had music playing in the washrooms great for singling while having your shower a happy way to start the day. Handy for all of North Norfolk tourist sites. HUGE BONUS adult only👍

Reviewer: Fitterdunc 1 review from this member

After I booked at Two Mills I thought I'd check out reviews for the site, and I was wondering if I'd made a mistake. After arriving at two mills I could not understand why these other reviews were so negative. Tea and coffee on arrival, escorted to our pitch, which I must say is quite a good size, were on top acres which are the serviced pitches, where our tv works fine (for past reviews maybe a update of equipment) the toilets are spotlessly clean, everyone is so friendly and helpful. I'm sat in my awning at the moment writing this using the caraweb wifi, which as other people have said is a problem, yes I did have a issue, but after I contacted caraweb this issue was sorted out with a phone call from the supplier( a problem which I had caused my self) within 30 mins. I am struggling to find the words for Two Mills, great, quiet, fantastic, friendly. My wife and I WILL be returning, I'm just glad I booked before I read the reviews.

Reviewer: Fiona1964 2 reviews from this member

Having read the previous reviews, I called to discuss the issues that other people had raised. My concerns were dealt with fantastically, even checking pitch number to ensure size. We arrived on site an promptly broke down! We couldn't take our van to the pitch which was no problem at all. Out came a trusty defender with a front tow bar and within moments the van was sited and ready to set up. It seems that the site often put caravans on the pitches for their customers which I think is a lovely thing to do.

Other reviewers have mentioned the showers and how small they are. I don't totally agree with those comments having been there for two weeks and not being a skinny Minnie! They are perfectly adequate and are spotlessly clean with the shower curtains being changed regularly. I got caught in the shower curtain once but that was caused but me being daft!

We had no problems at all with water pressure. The problem was not of the sites making and has now been resolved and was certainly not worth mentioning.

The site was beautifully maintained and no problems at all with grass cuttings being thrown onto the van.

Here comes the best bits! The owners and the wardens. They are all wonderful and certainly go that extra mile to make sure you are ok. Lots of useful tips about things they have learned with their many years of caravan nine and doing the job they do.

We cannot praise them enough for a wonderful two weeks and for the little touches they gave that made things even better.

We met some lovely people on the site and many of them come time and time again.

We really hope that we will become regular visitors and just wish it wasn't quite so far from home

Keep up the amazing work Two Mills and we hope to see you all again soon.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Michaelely 2 reviews from this member

How anyone can complain about this site beats me. Toilets and showers exceptionally clean. Owners and wardens very helpful and friendly. Constant weather forecast 'stone'. Pitches quite adequate and kept very tidy.

The area is very quaint and the beaches are A1. If you like old England this is a must. Cromer is a typical old seaside town, kept in excellent state of repair. Don't forget the crab.

All in all perhaps the best site we have visited. Will certainly return if in this area again.

Mike and Marion Ely

Reviewer: Fionna 5 reviews from this member

Just spent 1 week at Two Mills and it was our 5th Tranquil Site, visited in the past 3 years. I must say I was rather disappointed with the site - as previously said, the pitches are extremely close together, I would get my husband to drive the car onto the gravel path before I got in the passenger door as I felt I was encroaching on our neighbouring caravans privacy otherwise.

The hedges at the back of the pitches were in dire need of trimming back and the ground below could have done with raking / brushing away the fallen debris. Before I could let our dogs out of the car on arrival, I had to brush the thorny branches away for fear of them getting damaged paws. It might sound petty! But these are the qualities I look for in a 5 star tranquil site. Tidy pitches you don't have to clean before you put the legs down.

I like wildlife, but hey, there are wood pigeons and there are more wood pigeons! It was a haven for them, never got to have a lie-in after 6am due to the noisy things on top of the caravan roof! I'm sure someone was putting bread on our roof overnight so they would be there first thing in the morning !

Jokes apart, they were everywhere

We hired a Sky box from reception for 4 plus 1 per night after as the reception at Two Mills is non existent, but if we managed to get 3 hours of tv in the whole week, I'm exaggerating. Even with the box, it was bad

The wifi was free sitting by reception or you could purchase wifi (caraweb) from reception. Not the cheapest we have had via caraweb either, but even that kept crashing, but apparently that has nothing to do with Two Mills, so I shall be trying to contact Caraweb and let them know. Perhaps if they sited the wifi aerial in a better location they would have fewer problems.

Dog walk was fine but the red bins could do with being emptied a little more often, they stunk to put it mildly,

There is a Sainsburys and Waitrose and Lidl in the town and a Tesco in Stalham about 15 mins left out of the site.

Wroxham is a beautiful town with the rivers running through there. The beaches are only max 35 mins away too. Best beach in uk is Sea Palling oh my god, its like walking along the beach in Dominican it was so lovely.

Love Norfolk, lovely people too.

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: ShaznCol 14 reviews from this member

Spent a week at this site, being the eighth Tranquil Site we have visited. We were keen to revisit the east coast towns of Cromer, Sheringham and Great Yarmouth and surrounding areas, years after our last visit and after the kids have grown up and gone, on an adults only site.

The site was set out in three tiers, we had booked and paid a little extra for a 'Panoramic' pitch which was on the middle level.

This middle tier had about 10 pitches, when we were escorted to the plot, we were informed that on our 'Panoramic' pitch we were to uncouple the caravan, and with assistance, push the 'van forwards onto the concrete stand.

This resulted in a perfectly level positioning of the unit and a panoramic view of. A tree and some bushes.

At a loss to figure out the reason for this, my wife noticed steel anchor points at each corner of the concrete base, together with the drain hole at the (now) rear of the pitch, we wondered if this base was built originally to site a static caravan perhaps, and to charge a premium, to site a tourer the wrong way around on these oversized slabs, would truly be a stroke of marketing genius!

(concrete slabs adjacent to concrete base for 'Panoramic' seating area, was a haven for numerous ant's nests, the occupants of which eventually invaded several caravans. )

Toilets on our level had only one cubicle so mostly walked down to lower level.

Charges made for Satellite boxes and wi-fi.

The hotel opposite had functions at weekends with loud music until late.

Two Mills is an ideal base to tour the area and resorts.

Would not rush back.

Previous     53 Review in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Norfolk   -   Search for a site

Win a Clarke IG22000 2.2kW Generator worth 467.98! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough
Exciting family entertainment, and you can make a full long weekend of them, by camping on site!Plus win tickets!