Visitor Reviews - Queensberry Bay Holiday Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Scotland > Dumfries and Galloway > Site Reviews

Queensberry Bay Holiday Park
Powfoot
Annan
Dumfries and Galloway   (Browse area)
DG12 5PN   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m 5m  5m  1m   5m  5m  5m  1m

Open: Januaryto November

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  53 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Kristan 4 reviews from this member

We had a shoreside pitch, it was huge, we have a campervan with double awning and still had plenty of room, the facilities on site were the best weve ever used.

The spa was lovely, 2 hours completely to ourselves, heaven.

The girls in reception were lovely and friendly,

The shop was very reasonable and the takeaway hot drinks facility was very reasonable too. I love hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows and could even have one of those for a very cheap price, We loved everything about this site.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Kaydeescoolcamping 3 reviews from this member

Got to say the facilities ie toilets, campers kitchen are spotless. 20 deposit for a key and 1 for a shower which is well worth the money. With long hair I rushed to shampoo and condition it only to realise there's a countdown timer and I had time to wash without rushing. The downside of this site is that it's ideal for families with the many animals on site however with the '4 per unit' they would not accept our grandchild, a baby as a 5th person which would mean families with 3 or more children would need to set up 2 tents and pay for two pitches even if one is a baby which is a bit sad so for this reason I'm giving it a 6/10 for child friendliness Also there is a tent length restriction so if your looking for that sea view in a bigger tent your not going to get it here. All in all we were looking for a clean, nice site not too far from the motorway. If the campers beside us had read the no noise after. Rule we might have got sleep the first night too but be warned. The emu's snore!

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Scottishelle 2 reviews from this member

Lovely area and very tidy site. Fantastic facilities, ladies bathrooms look like a hairdressers salon, even have a leather couch. Lovely, clean wet room showers. They run for 5 mins and I had plenty of time. We even had music in the bathrooms. Friendly staff and lay out was clear and very friendly. We stayed in Kiddie corner, so safe and not far to toddle to the animals or safe play areas. My daughter loved the animal. My first meeting with an Emu! Highly recommended site. We will definitely go back.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Bernie47 10 reviews from this member

I camped at Queensberry Bay in June and found the facilities to be first class, the best I have seen in more than 40 years of camping.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and kids will love the vast assortment of emus, llamas, alpacas, donkeys, rabbits goats and other animals.

Apart from the impeccable toilet facilities the site has a campers' kitchen, laundry room spa and a small shop in reception that sells delicious bacon rolls.

There is a large Tescos in Annan, about 4 miles up the road.

Unfortunately it was wet and windy when I was there, but that applied to most sites in June this year. It was a great test for my new tent so I did not mind the weather, I will almost certainly be returning again.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Tlck9 24 reviews from this member

Amazing.

Toilet/shower block was clean, hot water and modern - showers cost 1, but worth it.

The shop is stocked with essentials, and was ideal and open till 9pm when we were there.

On site there is a pets corner, which I think the adults liked as much as the kids! The lama's and alpacas made my day! the next morning a line of ducks went past. Lovely

Our pitch was a good size, located on grass. Nice location - in bad weather I could imagine it may be open to the element being right on the coast, but it was nice when we were there.

Staff were very helpful. I was impressed by the cost of this site, will definitely book again - it was a good 2-3 cheaper than others even taking into account the shower cost.

Note there is a refundable 20 for the key

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Crawfie 7 reviews from this member

Love this campsite - luckily we had beautiful weather if a bit windy but I can imagine it to be a bit nasty in bad weather what with being on the coast.

Very clean site, toilets and showers have shampoo, conditioner and moisturiser. They cost 1 but they are definitely worth it.

20 deposit for a key tag allowing only guests to use facilities.

Will certainly stay there again when next in the area

Previous     53 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Dumfries and Galloway   -   Search for a site

Win a Wisport SilverFox 30L Rucksack Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Tribfest Music Festival 14/08 to 17/08 East Yorkshire
An affordable, fantastic weekend away listening to some great live Top tribute bands. Claim discounted entry!!