Visitor Reviews - Penrhyn Bay Camping And Caravanning Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Wales > Isle of Anglesey > Site Reviews

Penrhyn Bay Camping And Caravanning Park
Isle of Anglesey   (Browse area)
LL65 4YG   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01407 730496  or  01407 730411

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  51 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Craftie2004 15 reviews from this member

Arrived to a friendly welcome at the barrier (keycard needed for a deposit) and found we had a decent pitch facing the sea. Told the keycard also opened the door to the toilets (which was bizarre seeing as the site is so remote to the nearest town?)

Pitch was fully serviced, and we were escorted by a happy chap on his ride on mower.

Told about the facilities etc, so all good.

There are quite a lot of seasonal pitches, but most were not here, so the toilets (very clean and spacious) were never too busy.

The only 'negative' thing I have to say about the site is the cost - over £35 per night for a site that has no clubhouse etc? For this price I would have expected it to have one.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Chelleb8 2 reviews from this member

Penrhyn is a great friendly campsite with fantastic facilities. Lovely play area for the children along with a good swimming pool for the children. Very close to the beach and a great location to explore Anglesey. There is a small shop on site and at busier times a fish and chip van comes on site at the weekend.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Steveb50 8 reviews from this member

I have already reviewed this site in April 2012, but thought I would update my review in that the kids playground has been updated with new play equipment which our daughter loved.

The campsite is still as good as ever and all previous comments I have made are still valid.

There are a lot of seasonal caravans on this site and the daily rented pitches are in certain areas, which do include areas with a sea view, in fact our pitch was about 10m from the sea but I booked this pitch a year in advance.

My advice if you want a sea view is to ask when you book, and book well in advance.

Reviewer: Smoggydunc 7 reviews from this member

We have just come back from a great holiday at Penryhn Bay caravan park- Itís a lovely clean site with fantastic staff who are very helpful and friendly- lots to do like free games of tennis, the beach, great dog walking, swimming pool is fabulous - also the toilet and shower blocks were immaculate, shop brilliant and site secure. But there is a compromise is you want an electric hook up for a tent. This site is great for caravanerís but itís noisy in a tent especially at the entrance to the site where we were situated. We thought we would have had wonderful views over the sea but our view was static caravans or a stone wall- we opted for the stone wall to look at for a week which wasnít what we envisaged when booking. This was simply because we wanted an electric hook up for our tent- if not we could have been looking over the lovely sea and an amazing view but then we would have had a long walk to the toilets and no electric Ė thatís the compromise really- lovely view with a long walk to the toilets with no electric or no view but 20m walk to the toilets with electric. Also the swimming pool is not included in the price- this is not mentioned on the web site- so another £3. 50 or £7. 00 on the price each day for us which makes it a very expensive daily rate for a tent. To summarise- itís a lovely site, lovely people, perfect for caravans but in my opinion it was rather noisy for a family in a tent needing electric hook up and no beautiful views!

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Toptrout 3 reviews from this member

We stayed here for 2 nights and despite it raining solidly the first night, it didn't ruin our stay. A large but very well laid out site. We had a pitch with an amazing sea view, with electric hook up. We chose this pitch a little away from the facilities so that we could enjoy the view. Facilities are heated, new looking and clean. We never had a wait to use them & accessed them via a secure card. They had a pool, which is open at certain times, though we didn't use it. Brilliant children's play area too. Within 2 minutes to an amazing beach - we flew a kite and played with a Frisbee.

The grounds are very well maintained and spacious plots. Friendly staff, well stocked shop. It is fairly remote (from what we found anyway!)but lovely for peace & quiet and getting away from it! But we had a lovely time visiting South Stacks Cliffs/lighthouse. Would love to return!

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Bigyin247 17 reviews from this member

I have to say I am going to disagree with some of the previous reviews but again only from what I found.

We had been on a tour of North Wales and had decided to visit Anglesey in the latter part of the holiday on the way back so to speak. Its not an easy site to find and don't use your sat nav as it will get you into a world of pain as the road is very narrow.

I had found the site through the phone app, and the biggest draw was a tennis court as my eleven year old is a keen player. We arrived on site after phoning ahead and arrived at reception. Booked in and then was hit with a price of £31 per night (unserviced plot). After staying at a variety of sites in North Wales, I took a bit of a breath and asked why such a high price? (We had been paying between £21 - £25 everywhere). The reaction I got was somewhat challenging, in that the receptionist informed me that 'motor home people were always moaners' So if you are a motor home owner, make sure you live up to this character! - I should have at this point walked away, I didn't as I had a boy outside preparing for Wimbledon.

The site itself is clean and tidy, the showers are clean and I cannot fault them, couldn't get the WiFi to work( which was extra).

We had booked a tennis court for 6pm only to be told to get off as there had been a double booking ( in that the people already on wanted an extra hour), so another point up for customer service.

For me expensive, the kids indoor play area shut at 6pm, which was a bit bizarre as this is the time when you want to take the kids and tire them out, especially as it was raining.

Would I go again, not really I stayed at other sites that were fantastic, less money and I'm not described as a 'moaner with a motor home.

Previous     51 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Isle of Anglesey   -   Search for a site

Win a Buzz Rack Scorpion 2 Bike Carrier Win a CUBO Breeze Inflatable Campervan Awning!

UKCS Meet Camperex 2016 - Liverpool Exhibition Centre 8 - 10th January
Brand new leisure show for touring caravans, motorhomes, campers and park homes. Win tickets!

Coming Soon!