Visitor Reviews - Caerddaniel Holiday Home Park

Caerddaniel Holiday Home Park
Llanaber
Barmouth
Gwynedd   (Browse area)
LL42 1RR   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  5m  10m   10m  10m

Open: March To November

Units accepted:    Tents  No Caravans  No Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  24 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Date of Visit: May 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: SebJ 1 review from this member

Fantastic camp site, it was clean and tidy, plenty of space there so that you don't have to camp near anyone (although we did have a noisy group nearby). The highlight of this camp site is definitely the views, we had pretty much 180 degree views of the beach and the sea, going across to the mountains of Snowdonia. Great place to go away as a couple, I'll definitely be going back.

The only bad point would be the wind! Our tent did get battered during the night due to the open location of the campsite, couldn't be helped though. Also at £19 a night it wasn't too cheap.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Sarahloumitch 1 review from this member

Have just returned from our first week of camping at a lovely site. Upon arrival the staff were friendly and helped us to locate our EHU which was on a slope!, but the views were brilliant ( from three sides of our tent we had a sea view & the mountains on the other side).

Toilets, showers all lovely and clean. Even the cleaner stopped to talk to my husband on numerous occasions about the area and answer any questions we had. The shop was nice with a little takeaway included. The private beach was 2 minutes walk away and was breathtaking. My 8 & 5 year old loved looking for sea life and investigating the sands and pebbles!

Only down side was that a couple of the families were quite loud at night, which made it difficult to sleep! Staff in the reception also had time to assist us in investigating places of interest. Will return in the future.

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Lawmoshdog 1 review from this member

We have been using this campsite for 10 years,(my husband 30 years) and we frequently visit it twice a year sometimes 3 or 4 visits. The staff are friendly and helpful, the site is clean and well kept. The toilets and showers are basic but its a campsite, what do you expect.

It is very pet friendly and though there are bins (animal business) on site, a few more would be welcome.

This site is well lit at night and ideally situated for the beach, where you can go rockpooling, sunbathing and dolphin watching (certain times of the year). You can even walk to Barmouth town on the beach.(take care of the tide times)

There are lots for children to do on site with the swings, climbing frames, football field, basketball etc.

A 5 min walk away is a bar / restaurant / take-away, or stroll into town for more variety or if you prefer. Mount Snowden is a nice drive not too far but a 45min drive for stunning scenery, also the blue lake is well worth a visit.

I would have no problem recommending this site to anyone and I am hoping to return soon with some friends again.

My only qualm is more a request than a problem and that is to put a basic toilet block near the camping fields(bottom fields).

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Dafskipman 4 reviews from this member

Just returned from two nights camping at this excellent site and will definitely return there, hopefully for a longer stay next time. The tent fields are all on a slope but if you pitch at the bottom of the field you can get a reasonably level pitch. However should you brave the slope and pitch higher up, you are rewarded with lovely views of the beach.

The shower blocks/toilets are basic but adequate, but bring your own soap and loo roll though as there wasn't any at all during our stay.The on site shop was well stocked and not overly expensive and the takeaway proved a boon, selling reasonable food at fair prices, definitely better than your average campsite fayre, always served by friendly and cheerfull staff. My only slight gripe was, it being a tad expensive at £21 per night for a standard grass pitch, But given we had such a good time on a lovely child friendly site I shouldn't complain at all really.

Date of Visit: April 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Bex-kel 2 reviews from this member

I stayed at this site at Easter this year and last year too. Its a fantastic site with excellent shower and toilet facilities. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the site is very clean and tidy, well worth a visit! The wayside pub and chip shop are only a short stroll away. I will continue to visit this site for as long as I can and I am going back in august, I cant wait!

Date of Visit: August 2009 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Pebbs76 1 review from this member

I went to this campsite for 10 days last August and found it fantastic!

The toilets and showers where cleaned twice a day with out fail, everything was clean, just what I wanted for my 1st major camping trip away. The top camping field is on a hill but this didn't really make much of a difference to us.

The shop was as I expected it to be and the takeaway was lovely for when I didn't want to cook.

The staff where extremely helpful at all times even popping upto the tent to tell us about some lakes up in the mountains worth visiting.

Close to Shell Island, which look cramped and dirty when we went for a day visit so I would overly recommend this campsite to that one.

The steam train passes at 10 am and worth a wave with the little ones.

Going back this year hopefully in the May half term and taking the dog and the hubby this time, so they can share our holiday.

As a Mum with 3 children and leaving the husband at home,I felt safe at all times no large groups making noise into the night which was good.

I would whole heartedly recommend this site to any one.

Previous     24 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Gwynedd   -   Search for a site

Win a Nemesis Ultra Wheel Clamp! from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers