Visitor Reviews - Caerddaniel Holiday Home Park

Caerddaniel Holiday Home Park
Llanaber
Barmouth
Gwynedd   (Browse area)
LL42 1RR   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  5m  10m   10m  10m

Open: March To November

Units accepted:    Tents  No Caravans  No Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  28 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Dafskipman 5 reviews from this member

This is the third time I've camped here, the first being in 2010, which I reviewed, secondly in 2013, which for some reason I didn't review, and just now at the end of July. Despite bad weather, rain and heavy showers, I'd still rate this site as being arguably one of the best in Wales. Pluses are the magnificent location, 30 seconds from a fantastic beach, plenty of space to pitch on well drained, albeit slightly sloping ground and possibly the best value shop/takeaway on any UK campsite. Unbelievably prices for general foodstuff/groceries were less than many supermarkets charge. The only minuses I would say are the toilets/shower block, though adequate and clean they are now somewhat antiquated and would benefit from a thorough refurbishment or replacement, and at near 70 for two nights camping for 4 adults and 2 children it cant be classed as a cheap campsite. That said, would I return?. You bet, just hope for better weather next time.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: POR70 3 reviews from this member

This site is perfectly situated next to a beautiful stretch of beach. Even in mid-August it wasn't crowded, with plenty of space. Our kids spent hours body-boarding in the sea.

The pitches are sloping but not too much and they are a good size, with stunning sea views. One morning we sat eating breakfast watching dolphins in the bay!

The staff are very helpful and the shop/takeaway on site is well priced and open until late serving good food. We met people who hadn't left the site for over a week.

Barmouth is 5 minutes by car and Harlech and Porthmadog just a short run up the coast. We had a fantastic time and we'll be back for sure.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Donna86 4 reviews from this member

Just spent 2 nights at this lovely site in our tent, lovely site very welcoming, we did camp on a bit of a slope but that didn't bother us one bit! Shower and toilets very clean gorgeous views of the beach from our tent, very dog friendly, and the staff were lovely too! the battery on our car went dead so the warden was very helpful and came with jump leads so we could start our car, 2 adults 1 child a dog and also electric 18 a night which was very cheap, the site had a park and a little field with goal posts so our son was very happy, a nice little shop that had all essentials you would need during your stay and a little takeaway inside with gorgeous food, all in all we all enjoyed our selfs here and will definitely come back here to stay very soon

Date of Visit: February 2015 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: ZOOTAN 1 review from this member

I have owned a caravan on this site for 3 years now. I have been coming here since I was a boy and I'm 53 now. So at least 45 years i guess.

The owners are great they keep the site perfect. Its very family orientated, and I always feel good about letting my kids play out and enjoy themselves. It seems to be a timeless place i never get fed up of the views, the beach is always lovely.

I camped here from 1976 to the late 90s and the only thing that has changed is it got better and better which is all down to the owners ethos of keeping it select.

I'm sure I'll have many more years here and now have caravan neighbours as well as home ones which is lovely.

Come and visit you wont be disappointed

Date of Visit: May 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: SebJ 1 review from this member

Fantastic camp site, it was clean and tidy, plenty of space there so that you don't have to camp near anyone (although we did have a noisy group nearby). The highlight of this camp site is definitely the views, we had pretty much 180 degree views of the beach and the sea, going across to the mountains of Snowdonia. Great place to go away as a couple, I'll definitely be going back.

The only bad point would be the wind! Our tent did get battered during the night due to the open location of the campsite, couldn't be helped though. Also at 19 a night it wasn't too cheap.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Sarahloumitch 1 review from this member

Have just returned from our first week of camping at a lovely site. Upon arrival the staff were friendly and helped us to locate our EHU which was on a slope!, but the views were brilliant ( from three sides of our tent we had a sea view & the mountains on the other side).

Toilets, showers all lovely and clean. Even the cleaner stopped to talk to my husband on numerous occasions about the area and answer any questions we had. The shop was nice with a little takeaway included. The private beach was 2 minutes walk away and was breathtaking. My 8 & 5 year old loved looking for sea life and investigating the sands and pebbles!

Only down side was that a couple of the families were quite loud at night, which made it difficult to sleep! Staff in the reception also had time to assist us in investigating places of interest. Will return in the future.

Previous     28 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Gwynedd   -   Search for a site

Win an OLPRO 'POP' Quick Erect 2 Berth Tent Win a Dog Bag Pop Up Fabric Kennel

UKCS Meet Autumn Motorhome & Caravan Show, Newark - 2nd to 4th September
Weekend Campers and day visitors will see a huge range of motorhomes, caravans, as well as accessories and consumables

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016