Just had 10 glorious sunny days at this site in our two-berth tourer and have to say from the outset that the owners do a splendid job in supervising and the upkeep of general cleanliness throughout.
Site location is close to beach and facilities with a regular bus service into Portmadog.
As a camper of 40+ years, I have several suggestions and comments to rectify many downsides for tourers on this site.
1. The location along the narrow and close together pitches is too far from the only toilet block and requires another drainage system to empty waste. Disabled (like myself) are unable to trawl heavy water barrels the 300 – 400 yards to the drains. My waste had to go into the bank (sorry!)
2. One toilet key (£10 deposit) is inadequate for two or a family to walk the long distance to a locked toilet. I used their facility only once, as there were no urinals and just two cubicles with joint shower, toilet and washbasin, which was unacceptable for their daily price charged. A minimum of two keys should be provided.
3. A caravan, awning and one car parked side by side left no room for changing barrels etc. And insufficient car parking for visitors as no extra parking available.
4. Free Wi-fi was virtually non-existent with many complaints both from tourers and static’s. I had to sit under the mast in light rain to get important emails.
5. Awning payment! – Beware about paying for your last night like I did because we were not aware about a strict 11am depart. All the tourers we saw removed their awnings the night before and at an expensive £3. 50 charge, no refunds are offered. There is also a charge of £1. 50/day for a dog?
This is no reflection toward Kath and Alex but towards the owners of the site who set the charges and rules. They need to spend time in a tourer at the bottom end of the view-less pitches to experience our expensive stays.
What a fantastic holiday! My wife, daughter and I felt at home immediately due to the warm and informative welcome from the manager.
The site is located perfectly for the beach, pub, country walks, Portmadog along with a host of exciting locations.
The site is clean and well run and we felt safe at all times. The showers are brand new and the other facilities are located centrally next to the park area and reception. Brilliant for children to play safely. After ten pm children must go back to their caravans which ensures peace and quiet for everyone.
What a personal touch. The staff are on hand at all times to help if needed. They offer a real personal touch which made us feel part of the family throughout the week.
We are counting the days until we can come back again.
Just back from a long weekend at Garreg Goch, but definitely will not go back there. The staff were nice and polite and the new showers and toilets fab, there was free wifi and the beach and shops just a short walk away, but all the above can not make up for the pitch we were given.
The pitch was on a strip of about 10, directly behind us was the back gardens of a row of bungalows and in front of us was a another static caravan park, so our view was the roofs of the statics.
Also directly in front of us was a public pathway, which we did not have a problem with, until we realised some people from the statics on the site used this for a dog exercise area and let their dogs foul outside our caravan and on the empty pitches, though they cleared the mess up this is something you don't want to see or ever have on any other park we have stayed, they usually have a separate dog exercise field.
This park is mainly statics and I think the few touring pitches are an after thought. Difficult to get on and off the pitch, there was only us and 2 other tourers on this strip of pitches, so could use the pitch next to us to park, but if it was full don't know where we would of parked.
Lovely clean small site, the caravan was the cleanest I have ever stayed in much better then you normally get with a Bronze caravan. Beds were made up on arrival and complimentary tea and coffee in case you haven't brought your own.
Owners very friendly - small shop on site for basic needs but Spar was in walking distance if you need anything. Also within walking distance to the beach, a Fish and chip shop and pub. Play park for younger children and recycling facilities.
Would definitely recommend and hope to visit again - loads to do in the surrounding area: Castles, beaches, steam trains, walking to name a few. The town of Porthmadog only 2 1/2 miles away which has numerous takeaway's and a supermarket - however be warned it gets busy in the summer.
12 Review in total, now showing 1 to 6Next
Submit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win a caravan towing course or motorhome manoeuvring course worth up to £145, or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of The Caravan Club. Join the Club for just £44 per year to enjoy access to a great range of caravan sites, benefits and special offers.
If you've visited this site, then please submit a review for a chance to win.
All reviews and comments are the personal opinion of the review author only , and as such do not represent the view of the UK Camp Site.co.uk.
The facilities shown on this website are a guide only, and you should check with the campsite direct before making any booking. The UKCampsite.co.uk will not be held responsible for any errors or omissions