Visitor Reviews - Beadnell Bay Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North East > Northumberland > Site Reviews

Beadnell Bay Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Beadnell
Chathill
Northumberland   (Browse area)
NE67 5BX   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01665 720586

10m  10m  1m  5m   1m

Open: 26th March - 2nd November

Reviews:  81 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: WWLL 45 reviews from this member

The location of this site is perfect for a dog friendly beach and a lovely village with shop, pubs and a tea room within easy walking distance.

When we arrived 1. 30 in the afternoon we were told that the computers were down this had caused a long queue of unhappy campers, we were booked in and shown to a nice pitch over looking farm land.

The facilities were all at the front of the site only a little inconvenient, although they were clean considering that the site was almost full.

Average site in a lovely location.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Brendanr2004 348 reviews from this member

This is a lovely site just on the outskirts of Beadnell and directly over the road to a lovely beach. Facilities on site are good, staff friendly and there's loads to do in the area. Seahouses is just along the road too which is a great little town. Great site!

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Riff 10 reviews from this member

Definitely the worst C&CC site I have been to in my 15 years of membership. As others have said, there is a single toilet block for 150+ pitches. All other Members sites I have been to have at least two blocks so if one block is closed for cleaning, you can access the other.

With it being our first visit to this site (and my last), I wasn't familiar with their 'drill' on access to the toilets during the hour they clean it.

I made the mistake of going just before they closed. I went into the Ladies there was a rope across most of the room with a sign saying cleaning was in progress. However, the end toilet and basin were still accessible as they were in front of the rope so I assumed these would be OK to use. There was a member of staff cleaning one of the other cubicles who glanced at me but didn't speak to me.

So, I went in and used the toilet, washed and dried my hands then got my toothbrush and toothpaste and went back to the same basin I had just used. While I'd been in the loo, the other female member of staff had come in. I attempted to strike up a light-hearted jokey conversation with them remarking upon the weather. Mistake. Instead of a pleasant reply, I was told I wasn't allowed to use the basin because they were closed for cleaning, despite me explaining that we were staying in a tent and didn't have access to any other facilities, they made it very clear I wasn't allowed to use the basin to brush my teeth.

As I left the toilet block, there was now a rope on the outer door with another 'cleaning' sign on it which hadn't been there before I went in. Common sense would say, close off the outer door first before you start cleaning so nobody could wrongfully gain access, but they hadn't.

I went outside to the dishwashing facility where a couple were willing to let me quickly use the tap. When one of the two staff materialised (with what must have been radar hearing) and said that she had told me that I could use the basin (and ensured she had an audience in the shape of the other two campers). I told her that I had definitely had not heard her say that. She was suddenly and miraculously willing to let me use the basin but by this point I was fed up and told her I was going to brush my teeth at the tent instead. I was absolutely shaking with anger.

I have checked the flyer that we were given yesterday with the rules and regs on it (granted, I only got a chance to read it after I got home). It states 'the block is closed for cleaning between 11am and 12 daily. At this time we ask that you try to avoid using the facilities as there is limited usage available'. It certainly does not say 'you can't come in at all, ' more along the lines of 'we'd rather you didn't' which would be fair enough, if they actually abided by their own rules.

We ended up coming home a day early and I will never go back to that actual site.

We had a nice walk to Bamburgh and a lovely pannini in one of the cafes there. The pub in Beadnell also offers 20% off food for Club members. I may well take them up on the offer, but will be staying at a different site next time. It's back to Dunstan Hill Site for me!

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Mr Beanz 3 reviews from this member

We stayed for a long weekend in July. The site looks almost derelict on Google Streetview - but don't let this put you off as its a lovely flat site with the sea within smelling distance (the other side of the main road!). The wardens were helpful, cheerful and friendly and they keep the site just as one expects at a CCC site - immaculate. The motorhome in front of us as we arrived was turned away as they hadn't booked and it was full. Despite this the facilities were busy but not overwhelmed.

Just along the road into Beadnell there is a useful shop (mini supermarket) and next door a fish and chip shop which we used once (OK but not the best by any means).

We did the coastal walk South towards Craster but didn't get past The Ship Inn at Low Newton-by-the-Sea (approx 3 miles). Well worth the walk! Excellent beer and food despite being very busy (warm dry day!)

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Oldwolf 8 reviews from this member

The site is generally flat, where the pitches have been used over time the actual footprint area of the tent is very uneven and could do with some maintenance. Even though we paid for a jumbo pitch with EHU our set up was on the limit of the pitch on three sides - so no option to reposition the tent.

As others have mentioned the toilet block is showing its age and to finish drying post a shower - best done outside of the cubicle as the floor gets flooded on all.

Hot water is hot - OK for adults - but warning when showering small children. Despite the criticism the wash block is kept clean.

No playground, but the beach is adjacent to the site and kids had many happy hours rock pooling. If you want a play area the local park in Beadnell bay suffices.

We had a wet and cold week - but the local area more than made up for it - especially if like me you love Castles and Beaches.

If you love smoked fish then the smokery in Seahouses comes highly recommended.

A great touring location.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Patbill 7 reviews from this member

This was our first visit to this site but certainly won't be our last. The stewards were very welcoming and the site was clean and tidy. It was a short walk to the pub which served very good food. We walked into Seahouses along the beach and caught a boat to the Farne Islands and saw puffins, guillemots and seals.

Previous     81 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Northumberland   -   Search for a site

Win an Outwell Mains Package Win a HandiMoova Off-road Foldable Hand Trolley

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally in Derbyshire - 1st to 4th July
An amazing fun weekend for all the family. Plus you can camp on site from Friday to Monday. Find out more and download the booking form

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016