Visitor Reviews - Beadnell Bay Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North East > Northumberland > Site Reviews

Beadnell Bay Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Beadnell
Chathill
Northumberland   (Browse area)
NE67 5BX   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01665 720586

10m  10m  1m  5m   1m

Open: 26th March - 2nd November

Reviews:  84 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100!
Win £100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win £100 of Caravan Club vouchers or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just £48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Ianmca 1 review from this member

Been caravan holidays since 1968 and this has to be the worst weather I've had. Awning rubbers burst and that never happened even at Durness. The evenings were lovely but the weather during the day was awful. Wifi and phone signal not good. I never did manage to sign up to the club wi if. It was intermittent at my pitch. As we had the grandchildren with us wi if and phone signal was important to keep in touch with the wee ones parents

That's the negative, on the positive the site is well laid out, the hard standings are a bit tight for caravan and awning. I just fitted and my van is only 7 foot 1 wide, awning is 2. 5 metres wide. I was told the awning could not be on the grass and they would be back to check, so anyone with a wider van could have problems.

There are several reviews commenting on the showers and loose some critical that there is only one block. Many sites have only one block, Moffat for example. I found no bother getting a shower and couldn't really fault the facilities. They were closed for cleaning from 10. 45 to 12. I found the wardens were hard working and always happy to help.

The play area is relatively new I think. It was very good, our grandchildren enjoyed it.

The local area is nice and in good weather there would be plenty to do.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Motley 25 reviews from this member

I know this area very well as I spent several years here in the RAF.

First visit to the site though and it won't be the last.

Site is flat and level, with the sea only across the road it can get very blustery. A few hedges wouldn't be amiss. Toilets and showers were plentiful and clean. The shower floors were level though and water had a tendancy to flow towards the door which meant you were were getting dried in standing water. This wasn't isolated either as I tried 4 or 5 different enclosures. Cleaning times were strange. Closed 1045-1200, checkout time was 12 so nowhere to wash your grubby hands after packing stuff away.

The shop seemed to hold emergency goods but we never used it.

Staff were helpful and always on site.

For some reason dogs were all over the place. I thought we'd wandered into Crufts. Maybe it was the beach that was the attraction but with some campers having between 2-4 dogs, never on a short lead as directed, they seemed to be all over the place.

Across the road is the sand dunes and miles of beach. This is Northumberland, beaches are fantastic.

Loads of places to go. Sea houses, Craster, Alnwick, Amble (great Sunday market) and Berwick on Tweed to mention a few.

Only bad point was the fish and chip shop in the village. Chips were warmed up, dry and rubbery. So, give that a miss and you'll have a great holiday.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Itsyum 87 reviews from this member

This site is situated about 5 minutes walk from the lovely village of Beadnell, with its quaint harbour a shop and a couple of pubs (we had a delightful meal at the Craster Arms 'Huge fish & chips') The site itself is well kept and the wardens were friendly however the toilet & shower block, although clean is somewhat dated and the showers were the worst I've come across for some time - didn't like having to stand in the water flowing from next doors shower ! appalling drainage ! Seahouses is only just a mile up the road and a trip to the amazing Farne Islands is a definite must if you're saying here, all in all good location, decent site, crap facilities !

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: WWLL 45 reviews from this member

The location of this site is perfect for a dog friendly beach and a lovely village with shop, pubs and a tea room within easy walking distance.

When we arrived 1. 30 in the afternoon we were told that the computers were down this had caused a long queue of unhappy campers, we were booked in and shown to a nice pitch over looking farm land.

The facilities were all at the front of the site only a little inconvenient, although they were clean considering that the site was almost full.

Average site in a lovely location.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Brendanr2004 348 reviews from this member

This is a lovely site just on the outskirts of Beadnell and directly over the road to a lovely beach. Facilities on site are good, staff friendly and there's loads to do in the area. Seahouses is just along the road too which is a great little town. Great site!

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Riff 10 reviews from this member

Definitely the worst C&CC site I have been to in my 15 years of membership. As others have said, there is a single toilet block for 150+ pitches. All other Members sites I have been to have at least two blocks so if one block is closed for cleaning, you can access the other.

With it being our first visit to this site (and my last), I wasn't familiar with their 'drill' on access to the toilets during the hour they clean it.

I made the mistake of going just before they closed. I went into the Ladies there was a rope across most of the room with a sign saying cleaning was in progress. However, the end toilet and basin were still accessible as they were in front of the rope so I assumed these would be OK to use. There was a member of staff cleaning one of the other cubicles who glanced at me but didn't speak to me.

So, I went in and used the toilet, washed and dried my hands then got my toothbrush and toothpaste and went back to the same basin I had just used. While I'd been in the loo, the other female member of staff had come in. I attempted to strike up a light-hearted jokey conversation with them remarking upon the weather. Mistake. Instead of a pleasant reply, I was told I wasn't allowed to use the basin because they were closed for cleaning, despite me explaining that we were staying in a tent and didn't have access to any other facilities, they made it very clear I wasn't allowed to use the basin to brush my teeth.

As I left the toilet block, there was now a rope on the outer door with another 'cleaning' sign on it which hadn't been there before I went in. Common sense would say, close off the outer door first before you start cleaning so nobody could wrongfully gain access, but they hadn't.

I went outside to the dishwashing facility where a couple were willing to let me quickly use the tap. When one of the two staff materialised (with what must have been radar hearing) and said that she had told me that I could use the basin (and ensured she had an audience in the shape of the other two campers). I told her that I had definitely had not heard her say that. She was suddenly and miraculously willing to let me use the basin but by this point I was fed up and told her I was going to brush my teeth at the tent instead. I was absolutely shaking with anger.

I have checked the flyer that we were given yesterday with the rules and regs on it (granted, I only got a chance to read it after I got home). It states 'the block is closed for cleaning between 11am and 12 daily. At this time we ask that you try to avoid using the facilities as there is limited usage available'. It certainly does not say 'you can't come in at all, ' more along the lines of 'we'd rather you didn't' which would be fair enough, if they actually abided by their own rules.

We ended up coming home a day early and I will never go back to that actual site.

We had a nice walk to Bamburgh and a lovely pannini in one of the cafes there. The pub in Beadnell also offers 20% off food for Club members. I may well take them up on the offer, but will be staying at a different site next time. It's back to Dunstan Hill Site for me!

Previous     84 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of £100 of Caravan Club vouchers or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just £48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Northumberland   -   Search for a site

Win a Festival Starter Package Win a BioLite CampStove and USB Charger!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival, East Yorkshire - 18th to 21st August
The world’s biggest tribute band music festival and an amazing fun weekend for all the family. Find out more, claim 10% discount or win tickets

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016