Visitor Reviews - Beadnell Bay Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North East > Northumberland > Site Reviews

Beadnell Bay Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Northumberland   (Browse area)
NE67 5BX   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01665 720586

10m  10m  1m  5m   1m

Open: 26th March - 2nd November 2015

Reviews:  79 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Riff 9 reviews from this member

Definitely the worst C&CC site I have been to in my 15 years of membership. As others have said, there is a single toilet block for 150+ pitches. All other Members sites I have been to have at least two blocks so if one block is closed for cleaning, you can access the other.

With it being our first visit to this site (and my last), I wasn't familiar with their 'drill' on access to the toilets during the hour they clean it.

I made the mistake of going just before they closed. I went into the Ladies there was a rope across most of the room with a sign saying cleaning was in progress. However, the end toilet and basin were still accessible as they were in front of the rope so I assumed these would be OK to use. There was a member of staff cleaning one of the other cubicles who glanced at me but didn't speak to me.

So, I went in and used the toilet, washed and dried my hands then got my toothbrush and toothpaste and went back to the same basin I had just used. While I'd been in the loo, the other female member of staff had come in. I attempted to strike up a light-hearted jokey conversation with them remarking upon the weather. Mistake. Instead of a pleasant reply, I was told I wasn't allowed to use the basin because they were closed for cleaning, despite me explaining that we were staying in a tent and didn't have access to any other facilities, they made it very clear I wasn't allowed to use the basin to brush my teeth.

As I left the toilet block, there was now a rope on the outer door with another 'cleaning' sign on it which hadn't been there before I went in. Common sense would say, close off the outer door first before you start cleaning so nobody could wrongfully gain access, but they hadn't.

I went outside to the dishwashing facility where a couple were willing to let me quickly use the tap. When one of the two staff materialised (with what must have been radar hearing) and said that she had told me that I could use the basin (and ensured she had an audience in the shape of the other two campers). I told her that I had definitely had not heard her say that. She was suddenly and miraculously willing to let me use the basin but by this point I was fed up and told her I was going to brush my teeth at the tent instead. I was absolutely shaking with anger.

I have checked the flyer that we were given yesterday with the rules and regs on it (granted, I only got a chance to read it after I got home). It states 'the block is closed for cleaning between 11am and 12 daily. At this time we ask that you try to avoid using the facilities as there is limited usage available'. It certainly does not say 'you can't come in at all, ' more along the lines of 'we'd rather you didn't' which would be fair enough, if they actually abided by their own rules.

We ended up coming home a day early and I will never go back to that actual site.

We had a nice walk to Bamburgh and a lovely pannini in one of the cafes there. The pub in Beadnell also offers 20% off food for Club members. I may well take them up on the offer, but will be staying at a different site next time. It's back to Dunstan Hill Site for me!

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Mr Beanz 3 reviews from this member

We stayed for a long weekend in July. The site looks almost derelict on Google Streetview - but don't let this put you off as its a lovely flat site with the sea within smelling distance (the other side of the main road!). The wardens were helpful, cheerful and friendly and they keep the site just as one expects at a CCC site - immaculate. The motorhome in front of us as we arrived was turned away as they hadn't booked and it was full. Despite this the facilities were busy but not overwhelmed.

Just along the road into Beadnell there is a useful shop (mini supermarket) and next door a fish and chip shop which we used once (OK but not the best by any means).

We did the coastal walk South towards Craster but didn't get past The Ship Inn at Low Newton-by-the-Sea (approx 3 miles). Well worth the walk! Excellent beer and food despite being very busy (warm dry day!)

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Oldwolf 8 reviews from this member

The site is generally flat, where the pitches have been used over time the actual footprint area of the tent is very uneven and could do with some maintenance. Even though we paid for a jumbo pitch with EHU our set up was on the limit of the pitch on three sides - so no option to reposition the tent.

As others have mentioned the toilet block is showing its age and to finish drying post a shower - best done outside of the cubicle as the floor gets flooded on all.

Hot water is hot - OK for adults - but warning when showering small children. Despite the criticism the wash block is kept clean.

No playground, but the beach is adjacent to the site and kids had many happy hours rock pooling. If you want a play area the local park in Beadnell bay suffices.

We had a wet and cold week - but the local area more than made up for it - especially if like me you love Castles and Beaches.

If you love smoked fish then the smokery in Seahouses comes highly recommended.

A great touring location.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Patbill 5 reviews from this member

This was our first visit to this site but certainly won't be our last. The stewards were very welcoming and the site was clean and tidy. It was a short walk to the pub which served very good food. We walked into Seahouses along the beach and caught a boat to the Farne Islands and saw puffins, guillemots and seals.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jimmy1980 28 reviews from this member

We booked a 6 night stay at Beadnell bay during the May half term. The site was quite easy to get to - a few bendy roads but not a problem if you take it steady. We arrived and received a friendly greeting before being shown to a couple of large hard standing pitches and being able to select which one we wanted. The entrance has a barrier with access code. The toilet block is large and clean also with an access code. The toilets and shower block could do with some minor updating but apparently it is going to be getting a large refurbishment soon. There is a path directly into seahouses and Beadnell and takes about a 40 minute walk to get into seahouses. The beach is directly opposite and easily accessed from the site. A minor criticism is there is no child's play area, quite surprising considering the size of the site but there's miles of beach to entertain them with rock pooling! A few reviews mention road noise. We were at the front of the site and didn't notice much noise at all. Previously pitches were adjacent to the road side but the national trust has stopped them doing this and now all pitches are further in, behind the wall - so presume this is why we found it nice and peaceful. The chemical toilet disposal is slightly cramped as it is cupboard sized, although after the first time I managed to empty and rinse it quite easily! This is a lovely site, with great walking/cycling route into Seahouses and great access to the beach. If you're staying here try Élan pizzeria - pizzas are amazing, fish and chips from one of the many restaurants in seahouses and have a drink in the Bamburgh Castle Inn - lovely views and real ales! Will definitely return!

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Waggyfromderby 20 reviews from this member

Facilities are not good enough. Some say they have been updated. Well, they should complain to whoever updated them. My main complaint is the showers, they are too narrow for a start, the waste water runs the wrong way, under the shower curtain to the area where you need to dry yourself. Try putting clothes on without getting them wet! Impossible. I stored mine in a loo, and sneaked across with my towel shielding me to dry and change in somewhere dryer. The toilet cubicles too are too narrow for a large but not overweight person. A good redesign needed.

We booked a hard standing and had to put awning on it as well as campervan, but the gravel was not compressed enough so no grip for the tent pegs, even though we have Rock Pegs knocked in by mallet, with the consequence that any strong wind pulls them out. The site is very open and windy, but this is due to the opening of the new field away from the road. A very good hedge has been planted and will give good protection when it grows. The facilities are far too far away from this new area.

The location is good with a beach that runs between Seahouses and Beadnell just over the road.

A good bus service will take you to many places along the coast such as Craster 12 miles away by road but luckily only 7 miles along the coast if you walk back, plan your lunch at the SHIP INN and Brewery at Low Newton which is also on the coast a couple of miles from Beadnell.

The Craster Arms in Beadnell offers good food, Real Ale and is dog friendly and you get 20% off your food bill on production of your camping and caravan club card.

Previous     79 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Northumberland   -   Search for a site

Win a Buzz Rack Scorpion 2 Bike Carrier Win a CUBO Breeze Inflatable Campervan Awning!

UKCS Meet Camperex 2016 - Liverpool Exhibition Centre 8 - 10th January
Brand new leisure show for touring caravans, motorhomes, campers and park homes. Win tickets!

Coming Soon!