Visitor Reviews - Beinglas Farm Campsite

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Scotland > Dunbartonshire > Site Reviews

Beinglas Farm Campsite
Beinglas Farm
Inverarnan
Dunbartonshire   (Browse area)
G83 7DX   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

Units accepted:    Tents  No Caravans  Motorhomes

Reviews:  34 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin 200 Walkers Camping Kit and Tent AND 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Woltar 1 review from this member

Great place and fantastic views. We used this place to stay for one night and test out gear which we were collecting for the last year. That was our first camping with family and dog, two adults and two kids.

I found the wee pub and shop very useful, plenty of space to put a tent on as well. Unfortunately due to the weather conditions we didn't have chance to explore everything as we wanted. We were lucky with our place as we stayed dry, but some people on the lower level pitch did not had that chance and end up with tents full of water.

Midges were a massive issue, one would thought that camp site should somehow prevent that.

Toilets were clean when we arrived (mind morning hours), but got worse and worse with each hour. Next day morning it was just a picture of disaster.

The staff were so busy that day we had to wait for everything (long time) in the shop or pub.

We will come back there with a better weather hopefully and review our feelings about the place again.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Nxnleon123 7 reviews from this member

Great campsite, although more so for people walking the West Highland Way, which it is right on. It was hard to get to if you were arriving at Ardlui station as there are no paths along the road, which was quite risky.

The camping fields are good, although some areas are a little boggy. Beautiful mountain scenery and just a twenty minute walk from Beinglas Falls to the North. If you are staying here I would definitely recommend walking South of the West Highland Way to see Loch Lomond with beautiful views. Also walked North to Crianlarich, but the walk that was not as good.

The on site shop and pub are good, although the shop is a little expensive, but useful if you run out of food. There is also a camping shelter with plenty of tables and chairs, laundry, pot washing etc. There is also a pay as you go electric hob with pots and pans.

8 pppn.

Very nice campsite with nice people and staff.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Andyharvey 10 reviews from this member

Nice site, well suited for walkers with tents. Not sure if electric hook up was available as we didn't need it. Facilities were basic and clean. There's a bar on site which we didn't use but there was no undue noise etc.

The field was reasonably level though some spots could be trouble if it was wet.

The entrance is a tight turn and there's a 3. 5T weight limit on a narrow wooden bridge.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Walkerof theWay 3 reviews from this member

Very good site and decent value. We had no problems with noise as other reviewers had, but I was so tired I could have slept through a live band outside my tent!

Well worn, slightly cramped, but perfectly useable kitchen with pots and pans (that were pretty clean!). 3 or 4 6-seater tables. Pay as you go cooker for those who want it and plenty of laundry facilities. Decent on site bar that also serves excellent cooked breakfasts.

My only minor complaint was the very wet camping field. We had glorious weather but it was still a bit squelchy, so goodness knows what it's like after heavy rain.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jen41 3 reviews from this member

The location of the site was ideal for walking without going out in the car, but I would not recommend staying at weekends due to the unacceptable noise after 10. 30pm ( there is a sign to say that noise is not accepted after this time)for example Fri/Sat/Sun myself and other campers had to tell people to be quiet several times after midnight and a family was told to leave due to the noise. Monday night was very peaceful. There is a live band in the bar at weekends, but I did not find the noise a problem from my tent.

The female toilets ran out of toilet paper approx twice a day and often I had to queue for the toilets/showers - the previous site I stayed at whilst on my holiday was cheaper and had more facilities for less people.

I also found labelled food I had put in the fridge had been thrown out and one of the items was a sealed plastic container with the contents - I had to rescue this from the bin otherwise I would have not have been able to cook my tea on my final night of camping because I had not budgeted for the cost of a meal from the on site bar.

Date of Visit: October 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Vantango 11 reviews from this member

Stayed for one night to celebrate a birthday with 5 other couples.

Overshot the entrance as there was only a tiny sign post.

17.00 for the two of us & the campervan. We were able to park where we wished so chose the field nearest the toilet block, shop & bar.

Staff very friendly. Campsite clean but basic.

Went to the Drovers Inn for our evening meal (a fabulous night) marred only by watching the clock to ensure we got back to the campsite by 11pm when the gate would be locked.

Back to the bar on site for more drinks & music.

Cracking nights sleep.

In the morning went to the shower/toilet block. Very warm, very clean & lots of hot water. Only three showers though & no mop to clean the floor after. It appeared that I was first in to have a shower that day but I should imagine if you were 4th/5th etc, the floor would be filthy.

Cooked breakfast in the bar. The staff couldn't have been nicer - accommodating my fussy breakfast requests.

So to summarise:- Badly signposted

Basic but clean

Gate shuts 11pm

Great atmosphere in the bar

Only 3 showers, endless hot water but no mops

Wonderful cooked breakfasts

Would definitely go again.

Previous     34 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Dunbartonshire   -   Search for a site

Win a HandiRack and HandiHoldall Combo Pack Win an OLPRO Abberley XL 4 Berth Tent

UKCS Meet NEC Motorhome and Caravan Show 17th to 22nd October
See all the new-for 2018 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans plus 1000s of accessories ...more