Visitor Reviews - Cwm Cadnant Valley

Cwm Cadnant Valley
Llanberis Road
Caernarfon
Gwynedd   (Browse area)
LL55 2DF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  5m  10m  1m  5m  5m   1m  10m

Open: March To November

Reviews:  93 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Bickers 10 reviews from this member

I was looking for a campsite near Caernarfon to spend one night, and came across this site.

It's easy to miss, being very close to the centre of the town (approximately 15 minutes walk) - and not where you'd expect a campsite to be situated, but the site itself is in a very quiet attractive valley with a stream running through it.

Although many other sites in the area were really busy, this one wasn't crowded, and I found a nice place to pitch the tent.

Checking in was quick & easy, and I was made to feel very welcome by the man on reception (I assume the owner). The wash block, etc. , was very clean, but a little dated.

I enjoyed a very peaceful night's sleep at this quiet, pleasant site. I'd be happy to go back here if I was looking for somewhere to stay near Caernarfon for a night or two.

Date of Visit: April 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Wobbly-Rod 2 reviews from this member

Just returned from a single night stay and I'd have no issues in returning.

Reception was friendly, quick and easy. I was given a paper map showing the layout of the site which is laid out in a terraced configuration (x4 I think) and a mix of hard-standing a grass, with or without elec hook-up. The top level being easy access and set aside for back-packing travellers. The other levels were accessed via a very steep tarmacked slope where the less able may struggle a bit. The camp area utilises a one way system but the route shares the steep sloped entry and if a heavy or touring unit or towing a caravan I personally would not relish the thought of a hill start (neither would my clutch! BUT. No problems were encountered.

There is a small play area in the base of the valley and a good space to stretch your legs (only ourselves and 3 other visitors were in residence) There are picnic benches dotted about too. TOILETS: Consisted of two blocks. One having 2x disabled / baby changing facilities (I did not access these) the other one was a ladies and gents containing the usual facilities which were adequate and in the gents at least. The blocks themselves although clean and tidy could use some TLC as numerous trim pieces had come adrift which I was a little surprised about being this is the beginning of the season and would have thought during the quiet preceding weeks all maintenance would have been done? Outside there is a washing up facility with two positions with hot water aplenty. However again some attention to a clean up of spider webs etc. Having said that though it is perfectly usable. All in all a little gem of a site sitting in a very quiet wooded valley. The bonus of the site is its proximity to he town. Perhaps a 15 minute walk to the castle / town centre and only 5 mins to a chippy and shops.

Happy with the site and if we find ourselves back in Caernarfon would have no issues with returning.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jen+Fred 6 reviews from this member

Clean well-maintained site situated on the side of a wooded valley towards the edge of Caernarfon, on the Llanberis side of town. The site is sheltered by surrounding trees and consists of a few large terraced areas, to give level pitches, with quite a steep incline between the terraces. Only 10-15 minutes walk from centre of town and only 5 minutes walk to a Spar shop and fish and chip shop, a bit further out of town on the Llanberis Road.

Mobile phones can be left at reception for recharging batteries, at a small cost, useful for those not using an electric pick-up.

Handy for Caernarfon Bus Station, so a good base for visiting the area without using a car. The bus service is good, but timetables are not published, so not easy to find. Suggest printing any timetables you are likely to use before you go. These can be found at https://www. Gwynedd. Gov. Uk/en/Residents/Parking-roads-and-travel/Bus-timetables/Bus-timetables. Aspx

Reviewer: Flamair 1 review from this member

Firstly, I don't camp. At least, I do but more because my 10 year old enjoys it, or if caught out whilst motorcycle touring. I haven't stayed on a camp site for about 6 years, so was a little curious as to the experience.

We have a little 2 man tent and I was quite surprised to find it was the same cost as a huge hulking thing, but at 34 for a couple of nights in August thought it'd be fine. The owners were polite, though not particularly friendly and did seem to patrol the place rather too much. The site is very pretty, with trees and lots of grass, and a river flowing through it. Our allocated pitch (3) was fine, reasonably roomy for our particular tent though sloping slightly more than would be ideal. The facilities were acceptable, but for me, the showers and loos could do with a serious clean - we didn't use the showers as I felt it would be more hygienic not to!

The children's play area was excellent and my son played with several other children, all of whom seemed to be enjoying themselves. It's a quiet and relaxed site, with no noise late on. I got talking to a lovely couple from Warrington that had their tourer based there for the season, and they were great and very enthusiastic! In fact, I'm now considering buying a small caravan myself!

I would stay here again, but not for more than a couple of nights, unless they sort the toilet/shower block or unless we get that caravan!

Reviewer: Scott family camper 1 review from this member

Just returned after cutting our 3 days short. The campsite is clean and tidy with plenty of space and hot water. The children's park was great however there were a few negatives which made us come home a day early. The pitch we had was on such a slope that you were constantly sliding down the bed, there was also a smell of urine coming from the bushes behind our tent. The showers could also do with a deep clean and the mouldy shower curtains replaced. The owners seem to patrol the site and it can be a bit intimidating as we never got a hello or a smile as they walked by. On the plus side the permanent caravanners were lovely and the proximity to shops etc is ideal

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Rickngayle 4 reviews from this member

Arrived here mainly to use as a base to explore the area and climb Snowdon. We found the owners very helpful and friendly. The toilet block was ideal and couldn't have been cleaner and we enjoyed our stay. If anything our 10 and 13 year old boys yearned for an entertainment room of sorts on an evening. Wouldn't stop us coming back though.

Previous     93 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Gwynedd   -   Search for a site

Win an Outwell Mains Package Win a HandiMoova Off-road Foldable Hand Trolley

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally in Derbyshire - 1st to 4th July
An amazing fun weekend for all the family. Plus you can camp on site from Friday to Monday. Find out more and download the booking form

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016