Visitor Reviews - Cwm Cadnant Valley

Cwm Cadnant Valley
Llanberis Road
Caernarfon
Gwynedd   (Browse area)
LL55 2DF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  5m  10m  1m  5m  5m   1m

Open: March To November

Reviews:  101 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin 200 Walkers Camping Kit and Tent AND 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Spyder27 6 reviews from this member

First impressions on entering the site apart from the steep hill down in to it are not good, it all looks dark surrounded by tall trees and the toilets/shower look tired but once you get settled in it is a lovely site. Once the sun comes out the area is great, you can't believe you're just minutes from the centre of Caernarfon. What looked like a tired toilet block is actually spotlessly clean with piping hot, very powerful showers, fantastic.

We had a couple of nights here and the grand kids could ride their bikes round and round the site and play in the play area to their hearts content and we didn't have to worry about them at all. The whole site was kept scrupulously clean, with bins emptied daily (pleased to see full recycling for a change, so many sites don't do it).

Sadly the biggest let down was Caernarfon itself, I'm not sure what I expected but certainly not somewhere as run down as this. The walk from the site in to the centre probably takes a bout 10 minutes but through very rough areas, not somewhere you would expect to see as tourists, or so we thought, until we got further in to town and things didn't improve.

I have to say we went to a cafe in town (which ill try and post the name of later) and it was great.

Date of Visit: October 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: WestieTwm 6 reviews from this member

I arrived here late on a Friday night and was met by the very friendly owner who checked me in efficiently. I pretty much had the site to myself as there was only one other unit and so was given my choice of pitch.

I had opted for electric hookup and so was unable to pitch on the normal tent field which looked very flat. The hookup areas were less even but having been given the option I was able to choose the flattest pitch. If you're in a caravan the slope would not be an issue.

The grass was rather wet and muddy but that wasn't surprising considering the amount of rain we'd had in the previous few days.

Considering that the site is in the middle of a town it is remarkably quiet, probably due to its position in a steep sided valley. I fell asleep listening to the stream outside my tent and was only woken during the night by a pair of owls hooting in the tree above me.

The facilities were fine and clean. It may be that there could be a shortage during busier times on the campsite but this certainly wasn't an issue for me.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Celticmick 2 reviews from this member

Site location a 15 min walk and you are in the centre of Caernarfon. Showers nice and hot but blocks bit tired and dated. Camping pitches on different levels, hard standing and grass but level we were on was very shaded with large trees so not for sun seekers.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Selkie55 2 reviews from this member

Just spent 5 nights at this lovely site. When I rang to make the booking I spoke to a very friendly man and asked for a sheltered pitch as we have a pug who needs to be kept in the cool. When we arrived we were taken to our pitch which was perfect for us. The site is situated about 15 mins walk from Caernarfon town centre and is so peaceful and is surrounded by some beautiful trees with a small river running through it. The toilet and shower block was kept very clean, although the mastic in the showers could do with tidying up but the showers themselves were brilliant. We found the owners to be very friendly and would definitely stay here again if we go to this part of Wales again.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: PaulineW 7 reviews from this member

I agree with Wobbly-Rod's review.

The campsite is lovely once you're there but the location is a bit unusual. Walk into town is about 10-15 minutes but it's across busy roads and via a subway. The owners were very friendly and the showers were hot, although the condition of them were a bit dirty/dated.

Our van is 7m long and the pitch isn't big enough to accommodate so we had to pitch up sideways on, it wasn't a problem as it was fairly quiet but just thought I'd mention it for other large vehicle owners.

Although it was a nice weekend and the site was nice, I wouldn't go there again, that's only from a personal perspective and because I like to walk in the countryside, not streets.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Trikermum1 3 reviews from this member

The best thing about this site is that it only takes 15 minutes to walk into town, however the pitches can be very muddy if it rains and the showers and loos could do with a deep clean. If there were more hard standings I would probably use again just for the proximity to town. Watch out for the peregrines near to the site.

Previous     101 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Gwynedd   -   Search for a site

Win a HandiRack and HandiHoldall Combo Pack Win an OLPRO Abberley XL 4 Berth Tent

UKCS Meet NEC Motorhome and Caravan Show 17th to 22nd October
See all the new-for 2018 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans plus 1000s of accessories ...more