Visitor Reviews - Cwm Cadnant Valley

Cwm Cadnant Valley
Llanberis Road
Caernarfon
Gwynedd   (Browse area)
LL55 2DF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  5m  10m  1m  5m  5m   1m  10m

Open: March To November

Reviews:  100 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: October 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: WestieTwm 5 reviews from this member

I arrived here late on a Friday night and was met by the very friendly owner who checked me in efficiently. I pretty much had the site to myself as there was only one other unit and so was given my choice of pitch.

I had opted for electric hookup and so was unable to pitch on the normal tent field which looked very flat. The hookup areas were less even but having been given the option I was able to choose the flattest pitch. If you're in a caravan the slope would not be an issue.

The grass was rather wet and muddy but that wasn't surprising considering the amount of rain we'd had in the previous few days.

Considering that the site is in the middle of a town it is remarkably quiet, probably due to its position in a steep sided valley. I fell asleep listening to the stream outside my tent and was only woken during the night by a pair of owls hooting in the tree above me.

The facilities were fine and clean. It may be that there could be a shortage during busier times on the campsite but this certainly wasn't an issue for me.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Celticmick 2 reviews from this member

Site location a 15 min walk and you are in the centre of Caernarfon. Showers nice and hot but blocks bit tired and dated. Camping pitches on different levels, hard standing and grass but level we were on was very shaded with large trees so not for sun seekers.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Selkie55 2 reviews from this member

Just spent 5 nights at this lovely site. When I rang to make the booking I spoke to a very friendly man and asked for a sheltered pitch as we have a pug who needs to be kept in the cool. When we arrived we were taken to our pitch which was perfect for us. The site is situated about 15 mins walk from Caernarfon town centre and is so peaceful and is surrounded by some beautiful trees with a small river running through it. The toilet and shower block was kept very clean, although the mastic in the showers could do with tidying up but the showers themselves were brilliant. We found the owners to be very friendly and would definitely stay here again if we go to this part of Wales again.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: PaulineW 4 reviews from this member

I agree with Wobbly-Rod's review.

The campsite is lovely once you're there but the location is a bit unusual. Walk into town is about 10-15 minutes but it's across busy roads and via a subway. The owners were very friendly and the showers were hot, although the condition of them were a bit dirty/dated.

Our van is 7m long and the pitch isn't big enough to accommodate so we had to pitch up sideways on, it wasn't a problem as it was fairly quiet but just thought I'd mention it for other large vehicle owners.

Although it was a nice weekend and the site was nice, I wouldn't go there again, that's only from a personal perspective and because I like to walk in the countryside, not streets.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Trikermum1 2 reviews from this member

The best thing about this site is that it only takes 15 minutes to walk into town, however the pitches can be very muddy if it rains and the showers and loos could do with a deep clean. If there were more hard standings I would probably use again just for the proximity to town. Watch out for the peregrines near to the site.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Campbuddies 1 review from this member

I would say the things going for this site are, the location, hot+powerful showers, peace +tranquillity. Also the scullery had 2 sinks with really hot water.

The minuses are the actual shower blocks needed all the mastic replacing around the shower basins in the ladies, I used the family shower which was cleaner.

I found one of the owners to be, not very friendly and quite hostile, the other one said we didn't have to rush off the site which was helpful as it wasn't very busy.

Previous     100 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Gwynedd   -   Search for a site

Win tickets to the Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 2017 3 sets of AutoSock car snow socks to be won

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 2017 - 19th to 22nd January
A huge choice of the latest model caravans, motorhomes and holiday homes on display from over 200 exhibitors ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016

UKCampsite.co.uk
24 Daily Prizes and a Christmas Day Star Prize worth 289.99!
Open Today's Window!