Visitor Reviews - Rhosfawr Caravan And Camping Park

Check Digital TV coverage    See Weather Forecast

Special Offer available to UKCampsite.co.uk visitors - see here

Open: Easter/april To October 31st

Add this Site to your Virtual BrochureSave to Virtual Brochure

Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   Battery Charging   Gas Refills   Recycling Facilities
 Shop <5 miles   Bar <5 miles   Restaurant <5 miles   Wifi Access
 Fishing <5 miles   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   Tennis
 Beach <5 miles   Watersports <5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring <5 miles
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport <1 mile

Reviews:  32 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Write your own Review to win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Heather29 2 reviews from this member

Ignored mixed reviews and took a punt as weather good and everywhere fully booked. Overall ok, would I visit again maybe not. Unlevel pitches with plenty of space but no order and really noisy at night and that wasn't a one off it was every night. Facilities minimal and kept cleanish but not great value for money and was expecting more. All felt a bit clicky and roudy. Defo visit aarea again but maybe go for somewhere with better facilities and better location.

Reviewer: Gillian264 1 review from this member

We have just returned from a four night stay on this site. Upon arrival we were given a warm welcome and were personally shown to our pitch. The owners were very friendly and helpful and gave us full details of all nearby beaches and shops which was very useful. The site itself is immaculate, as were all the amenities, the showers were charged at 20p a time but that was worth it for the cleanliness and privacy. The children had a fab time at the play area and walking down to visit the horses. We will definitely be returning next year for a longer visit, and would highly recommend this site to everyone wishing to visit North Wales.

Reviewer: Little White House 1 review from this member

Ok so this is my first review and why? because to-date Ive not felt an over whelming urge to sing a sites praises before and hand on heart not sure I want to let everyone know about this special site, I want to keep this 'hidden gem' just that!

We visited Rhosfawr site earlier this year and our rule of never going back to the same site twice went right out of the window after staying here! We returned again last week and spent a wonderful week on a wonderful site, so much so, we left our caravan there and will return again this weekend.

So, whats so special? That easy everything from the second we drove down the drive we felt so chilled and excited to see everyone wed meet earlier that year. Such a friendly site with mostly residents they made my time spent on my own so enjoyable. The new warrens Val and Hugh were extremely friendly and have kept up the great standards.

Its a small site located in a perfect position for exploring this beautiful part of the world, its a mix of tents and caravans and very quiet, the park is perfect and makes for a great meeting place for the children on site. Facilities are clean and very well kept at all times.

Weve loved our time here so much that we may be converted into pitching up for all of our summer holidays next year. So if you want a well run, clean, well kept, friendly site to explore the Lynn Peninsular stop looking this is the one! Enjoy as we did and will do for many more times to come the Taylor Family in their Little White House

Reviewer: Paulrogers 1 review from this member

Hi guys! I said I would leave a review, I would just like to say that I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Rhosfawr, as it was my first EVER camping trip, and I didn't think I would really like camping. I was very surprised. The people in charge were great, always there when I needed them, and left us alone when we didn't! Thank you so much, and I look forward to our next visit, which is a definite. Take care, Paul.

Reviewer: KirbyCampers 1 review from this member

Third visit to Rhosfawr in 4 years. Started off this time in a tent & bought a caravan halfway through so switched to that.

Really not sure why negative feedback is being left on some points:

Toilets - 5 urinals & 2 toilets in the gents has never posed any issues for us. Yes you get daddy long legs in there but that's to be expected. Val & Hugh keep the place as clean as they can - if someone walks grass into the toilet block within minutes of it being cleaned I don't think that's reason enough to claim they're dirty. The blocks are portakabin style which obviously some don't seem to like. You do have to bring own toilet paper due to wastage.

Showers - only two in each block at moment & yes the water does slow down when all are in use. However, the blocks are clean as are the actual showers themselves. Money is put in outside the door to the units but considering you get 6-7 minutes for 20p that's a non issue. A family shower room is on the horizon I believe.

Site - lovely open areas in each of the three fields, all with electric points available. The field that we were in was majority caravans with great space for kids to get to know each other & play. Small play area with couple of swings & slide but we find that the open space is more than enough for our 5 year old.

Hugh regularly out & about strimming, mowing & generally keeping the place tidy.

Management - We've been twice in the last month & the owners are a great couple. The office will be locked at some points during the day but that's to be expected - do any sites have 24/7 manned reception desks? Phone number to contact if not there clearly displayed & they will be on the site so it's not as if they're offsite & unavailable.

Small selection of basic items available from shop - cold drinks, ice pops, uht milk, toilet roll, washing liquid for laundry, some books & some snacks. To me that's ideal if you can't drive the 2 miles to the local Londis / petrol station or 10 mins to Pwllheli Asda etc.

Local area is great from the mainly overpriced shops in Abersoch to the great selection of beaches covering many requirements from surfing / body boarding to more relaxation.

Overall I rate this place & will be committing to a seasonal pitch there next season. Price wise we can't fault the place.

Reviewer: Carlybarker1980 1 review from this member

Had a great time staying at RhosFawr, the facilities were all kept clean, this includes the toilet block, the washing facilities, indoor wash room, shower rooms and the play area for the children. The site was well maintained, grass kept short and didn't trail into caravan as it has on previous sites I've been too. The managers Val and Hugh are extremely helpful, nothing is too much trouble, they are extremely hardworking and are constantly improving the site, they are a credit to the site. They have set up recycling for the rubbish and fund-raise to get new play equipment for the children. They have set up a book area in the office, where you can buy or swap books for those rainy days, great idea, and set up a small shop with essential items, fresh eggs from the chicken on site are for sale and also things for the kids! I would recommend this place to anyone and will go back again. The communal room is currently under refurbishment and cant wait to see it finished when I go back next time.

Previous     32 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review to win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Gwynedd   -   Search for a site

Win a Colibri Lux Sleeping Bag and Sim Bundle worth over 270 Win East Anglian Game & Country Fair Camping Weekend Tickets!

UKCS Meet East Anglian Game and Country Fair 28 to 29 April
Thetford. Weekend Camping available. Plus win tickets in our competition ...more