Visitor Reviews - Crossburn Caravan Park Peebles

Crossburn Caravan Park Peebles
Edinburgh Road
Peebles
Borders   (Browse area)
EH45 8ED   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01721 720501

1m  1m 5m   1m  1m

Open: Easter To Oct

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  50 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9

Date of Visit: October 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Lisa81 9 reviews from this member

This is a well placed site for visiting peebles and heading to glentress on the bike.

Facilities are very clean, warm and excellent for young kids.

Our pitch was a good size but they are all very close together either next to or facing each other. This wasn't a problem for a weekend but would not pitch for more than a couple of nights because of this.

Great wee play park and the shop was handy.

Overall a nice wee site but static and tourers packed in.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Scobes 1 review from this member

We phoned for a single night pitch on a stunning sunny weekend in June. Although busy, they friendly campsite staff did their best to accommodate our request for an electric pitch (we wanted to try out our new tent and test our stored kit). We arrived late and the office had already closed, but our check-in instructions were waiting outside and we bumped into a member of staff, who greeted us warmly and was happy to take time to welcome us. The pitches are generous and the site well maintained. The shop was well stocked with camping and caravan kit and the member of staff relaxed and friendly. On arriving home, we discovered my wife had left her ring in the toilet block. Fortunately, it was handed-in and the site were happy to send it on to us. Thank you Crossburn; lovely site with friendly staff.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: NettieG 5 reviews from this member

My brother has a permanent pitch here for his touring caravan and I was given the chance of having a wee holiday. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Part of my stay was over a weekend so it was very busy.

I was lucky with the weather so was able to enjoy sitting out and relaxing. The facilities were excellent and largely kept clean. There was only one day where the toilet block didn't get cleaned until late on and one of the showers wasn't working properly. The dish washing facilities remained uncleaned for a couple of days but no big deal. A wipe round with a cloth sufficed.

It has a lovely riverside area for walking the dog although I would say that maybe more than one dog waste bin is needed as the one there was full to bursting and remained unemptied all weekend. We had to resort to leaving the bags beside the bin.

The staff in the shop are very friendly and chatty and it is well stocked with all your caravan & camping essentials.

The area for the tents was a good size and I noticed there was some EHU units, which is good.

I can't wait to return to Crossburn and hopefully next time I'll take my tent (although I hear the tariff is quite high).

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Aldoscott 15 reviews from this member

Visited crossburn on a bank holiday weekend which also saw Peebles hosting a large cycle event. This meant that the site was full.

We loved it here. The facilities were nice the staff were helpful and the scenery was picturesque. The only slight negative was the toilet and shower block which could be cleaner but this was perhaps due to the volume of people using them.

I would recommend this site to anyone.

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Nelly12 6 reviews from this member

Lovely site, situated not far from Peebles, about a fifteen minute walk. Peebles itself is a lovely wee place with everything you need including a Tesco and sainsbury.

The site is in a beautiful location but do check the weather before you go. We had a five man tent and unfortunately due to a torrential downpour we had to opt for a hotel on our last night. The site does flood but luckily our tent did not flood, we just couldn't risk staying there overnight.

The owners are lovely people and the gentleman did give us a refund for the last night because we didn't stay.

There is a small games room which is excellent if the weather isn't on your side. The toilets are well maintained and very clean. One of the showers even has a hairdryer in the ladies, and also shaving points in them all.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Vonix 2 reviews from this member

A friend of mine suggested Crossburn caravan Park (Peebles) as I did not want to go too far from home. I went along in the morning to check out the site before I decided to book 2 nights. The staff were very friendly and allowed me to wander around and look at the vacant spaces available.

I was very impressed by its layout and flat ground! I called my sister and we agreed to book 2 nights there. My sister, brother-in law and myself arrived later in the evening, hitched up my new tent and then had a wander around.

A very civilized site. No rowdy crowds or clubhouse. A safe kids play area where they could be seen well enjoyed by fellow campers kids. Another attraction was the 2 resident donkeys in the next field. Who were very friendly both kids and adults enjoyed stroking them and feeding them fruit.

The ablutions were spotless warm and well maintained. A laundry and baby change facility, which we had no need for. A dog walking area for those bringing their dogs. 10 minute walk to local Tesco for supplies.

15-20 minute walk into the town centre with lots of food outlets, charity shops and quaint little village shops. There is also a swimming pool in town if weather is not suited for walking.

I would definitely go back there and also recommend it to friends and family.

Previous     50 Review in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Borders   -   Search for a site

Win a Clarke IG22000 2.2kW Generator worth 467.98! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough
Exciting family entertainment, and you can make a full long weekend of them, by camping on site!Plus win tickets!