Visitor Reviews - Crossburn Caravan Park Peebles

Crossburn Caravan Park Peebles
Edinburgh Road
Peebles
Borders   (Browse area)
EH45 8ED   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01721 720501

1m  1m 5m   1m  1m

Open: Easter To Oct

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  53 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Thal 3 reviews from this member

The side was within walking distance of Peebles which is a lovely County Town. The site has very good hardstanding for caravans and motorhomes with a flat field for tents. We chose a site with hardstanding and electric hookup. The toilets and showers were in good condition and very clean. The shop on site had all sorts of camping accessories and the petrol station next door had a small supermarket. There was also a caravan repair shop on site and the staff were very helpful if you had a problem. I would return again.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Pads 13 reviews from this member

I would say that this is not really our type of site. All the pitches seemed to be very close to the next door pitch. Lots of rules and regs. Owners friendly. Shower block clean and well maintained. Thought it was expensive for out of season, but for us we most likely would not return. Noted convenient to walk into the town and was fine for a stop as we headed north.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: DianneDFoy 2 reviews from this member

We stayed at this site for one night, from Saturday until Sunday on the 31 May. The person answering the phone was friendly and helpful and that was also the case when we arrived at reception. The electric pitches for caravans and motorhomes were well laid out and flat, our only minor problem was getting pegs in for our wee tent we were using for storage as the surface was stones. There is a mix of statics, tent and caravan pitches and people were pleasant and friendly. The play area was good and there were lots of other kids for my son to play with. Toilet block was modern and clean, wash up area likewise. The site was quiet at night, a blessed change from other sites I've stayed in. Price very reasonable for a very nice site.

Date of Visit: October 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Lisa81 9 reviews from this member

This is a well placed site for visiting peebles and heading to glentress on the bike.

Facilities are very clean, warm and excellent for young kids.

Our pitch was a good size but they are all very close together either next to or facing each other. This wasn't a problem for a weekend but would not pitch for more than a couple of nights because of this.

Great wee play park and the shop was handy.

Overall a nice wee site but static and tourers packed in.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Scobes 1 review from this member

We phoned for a single night pitch on a stunning sunny weekend in June. Although busy, they friendly campsite staff did their best to accommodate our request for an electric pitch (we wanted to try out our new tent and test our stored kit). We arrived late and the office had already closed, but our check-in instructions were waiting outside and we bumped into a member of staff, who greeted us warmly and was happy to take time to welcome us. The pitches are generous and the site well maintained. The shop was well stocked with camping and caravan kit and the member of staff relaxed and friendly. On arriving home, we discovered my wife had left her ring in the toilet block. Fortunately, it was handed-in and the site were happy to send it on to us. Thank you Crossburn; lovely site with friendly staff.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: NettieG 5 reviews from this member

My brother has a permanent pitch here for his touring caravan and I was given the chance of having a wee holiday. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Part of my stay was over a weekend so it was very busy.

I was lucky with the weather so was able to enjoy sitting out and relaxing. The facilities were excellent and largely kept clean. There was only one day where the toilet block didn't get cleaned until late on and one of the showers wasn't working properly. The dish washing facilities remained uncleaned for a couple of days but no big deal. A wipe round with a cloth sufficed.

It has a lovely riverside area for walking the dog although I would say that maybe more than one dog waste bin is needed as the one there was full to bursting and remained unemptied all weekend. We had to resort to leaving the bags beside the bin.

The staff in the shop are very friendly and chatty and it is well stocked with all your caravan & camping essentials.

The area for the tents was a good size and I noticed there was some EHU units, which is good.

I can't wait to return to Crossburn and hopefully next time I'll take my tent (although I hear the tariff is quite high).

Previous     53 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Borders   -   Search for a site

Win a Nemesis Ultra Wheel Clamp! from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers