Visitor Reviews - Grantown On Spey Caravan Park

Grantown On Spey Caravan Park
Seafield Avenue
Grantown On Spey
Highlands   (Browse area)
PH26 3JQ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m 10m

Open: All Year

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  75 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bob Owens 4 reviews from this member

Excellent site, wardens extremely helpful. All pitches large

And hard standing. Their super pitches are fully serviced and have TV ariel connection. Tarmac roads throughout, short well kept grass areas and flower beds. The elevated pitches have good views over the Grampians. Excellent children's play area, dog walk near hand and a selection of good walks close to the site. Short walk into town which has good shops, coffee shops and pubs. Very good base for touring the Grampian and Central Highlands area.

This must be one of the best site in the UK!

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Capt Lightning 23 reviews from this member

When booking this site I had requested a standard pitch. Unfortunately none were available and without consulting me first, I found myself booked on a 'Super pitch' at a extra 4 / night. Perhaps 27 / night isn't too bad (CC rate)?

Anyway, without wanting it, I had free wi-fi - I don't tend to use my laptop on-site. I also had a dedicated TV socket - I don't have a TV in my van. Nor do I mind walking a few yards to a service point for water instead of using my exclusive one, however the extra large pitch would have been a small consolation - had it not been beside the children's' play area!

Those were the only bad points. This is an immaculately kept site - one of the best that I have stayed on. There were even potted palms in the toilet areas!

The site is an easy walk into town which has a selection of shops and pubs. I recommend the 'Craig Inn' for its friendly atmosphere and its famous Pie & Chips. For grocery shopping you are somewhat limited to the big, but expensive, Co-op. If you don't plan to travel far, save a few pounds by stocking up before you arrive.

Walking is well catered for with several walks from or near the site. The Speyside way is also within easy reach and there are a number of great distilleries a short drive away.

If you don't want to do too much driving, you can travel to Aviemore or Inverness from Grantown square using bus service 34.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Piggle28 8 reviews from this member

Stayed here for 4 nights at the end of our tour of Scotland. Immaculate landscaped site with very friendly wardens. Shown to our pitch which was a super pitch, with waste, water, wifi and a sky box, which we turned down, why would you want to watch TVs when you have the highlands to explore! Toilet and shower facilities were always clean, warm and with plenty of hot water. Grantown on Spey is a delightful little town, plenty of eating places, can recommend Manha for a curry and the Craig bar for excellent pies and a hilarious landlord. Lots of lovely art and crafty shops. Would definitely recommend this site, also perfectly peaceful at night.

Date of Visit: March 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Marto1757 1 review from this member

Very nice site, very clean site and bathrooms were always immaculate.

We tried the super pitches and really liked that experience, we have now ordered a mains water adaptor to use with our water barrel, the height of laziness!

We found the site staff very friendly and helpful, obviously fairly quiet on the site given tbe time of year, but we have difficulty understanding the criticism of the staff in other reviews. We sometimes think you reep what you sow.

The dog walk is up a quiet lane which leads to a trail on a disused railway line (Dava Way) where we were able to safely let them off lead. A few people hadn't picked up after their dogs - come on people get with the programme! Many walks we didn't get to try, we did try a walk nearby near the River Spey.

Grantown was a nice little town, a large Co-operative just down the road from the site. We went to an Indian restaurant twice and also a local pub that does very good pie and chips. Plenty we didn't explore this trip.

Will definitely be back.

Date of Visit: November 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Kerry74 4 reviews from this member

My husband, two young children and I stayed here for one night in early November. I found the staff to be professional on arrival (not especially friendly, but professional, which in The Highlands is unusual). We were shown to our super pitch by the warden. We got set up quickly because the kids were eager to get to the lovely park the site has. Unfortunately once we were all showered and ready for bed we realised that the electric hook up wasn't working, so we didn't have electric. Therefore we couldn't use the sky facility that comes with a super pitch. Since we had lighting on our 12v system neither of us could be bothered reporting to the warden on a wet, dark night! The next morning I reported the fault to the warden, who checked it out quickly. There was no apology or offer of compensation, which I found disappointing. Nevertheless, it is a well presented site, the shower block seemed clean and it was lovely and warm with good showers. There is an excellent walk along the old railway line just behind the site. The Thai takeaway restaurant in grantown was very good.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Tuffins 4 reviews from this member

We stayed for just one night and could not fault the site. We were in the Blue pitches which were nice and close to the toilet block. All of the pitches around us were very level and well serviced.

The site is kept very clean and is nicely landscaped.

The staff were friendly and made us feel very welcome.

The toilet block was clean with plenty of showers and toilets.

There are plenty of walks that can be made directly from the site which is ideal if you have dogs.

We would like to visit again in the future and have more time to explore the town and surrounding area.

Previous     75 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Highlands   -   Search for a site

Win a Highlander Aeolus 4 Air Frame Tent Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally and Camping Weekend 4th to 5th July
HURRY Advanced booking now open - 3 nights camping in any unit, and admission to rally all weekend