Visitor Reviews - Bath Chew Valley Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Somerset > Site Reviews

Bath Chew Valley Caravan Park
Ham Lane
Bishop Sutton
Bath
Somerset   (Browse area)
BS39 5TZ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01275 332 127

1m  1m  1m 1m   1m

Reviews:  59 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100!
£100 for your reviewEvery month someone who has left a review of any caravan park or campsite will win £100 of Amazon vouchers So, if you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win!

Date of Visit: December 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: VillaMan 6 reviews from this member

Absolutely agree with the description of this site. It is a great site and it is in a lovely location. I would like to expand on one crucial detail though and this is of particular importance to motor homers. When the facilities mention public transport 1M away they forget to add that buses to Bath are limited. To one day per week. When one bus goes through the village (Bishop Sutton). The day in question is Tuesday and the time of the bus is round about 9. 00 AM. Personally I think this is very poor for a site that says it is located in Bath and Bath being 13 miles away. Something else to consider is that Chew Valley lake is only accessible from the site down a narrow windy road with no footpath and very few places to dive into when one of the locals comes haring round a corner. As I say a lovely site but we won't be going back. Shame really because I was really looking forward to visiting this site given all the build up and praise it gets. However there's no substitute for going to have a look yourself and I'm glad I can tick this one off my list.

Date of Visit: November 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Radioray 1 review from this member

Was apprehensive about visiting after reading some of the negative reviews, however it is one of the best sites we have stayed on. Staff very friendly and helpful, really clean well maintained site. The washroom/toilets were lovely and warm, better than a lot of hotels we have stayed in. They are all self contained with hairdryer, hand drier, they are unisex but as they are all private it's not important, The people that complained about this should try the campsite toilets in France ! where we spend a lot of time.

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: NicciMac 45 reviews from this member

I have to give a low rating for this site purely because of the cost. It was £29 for 2 adults and a dog, EHU. For one night. Gobsmacked. We had intended to wild camp down at the Chew Valley Lake picnic area, but found out they were going to lock the gates at sunset and would probably kick us out, so didn't want to risk opening the wine. This site was the closest one, and with a whinging dog in the van we really couldn't face the prospect of driving around a bit longer to find a nice layby. So we paid :(.

The dog walking area is tiny, basically a narrow fenced strip around a little woodland area (no dogs allowed in that bit :(). Dogs on lead on site, rubbish. I guess there are decent walks close by.

Free wi fi for 30 minutes then you have to pay. On top of the 29 quid they've just had off us, no chance. Free internet access in the library, this is a nice touch but why not just give us free wi fi so we can surf from the comfort of our van?!

Showers and loos clean and roomy. Dish washing room nice and spacious.

You can't choose your own pitch. They ask you to put awnings up on gravel, not on the grass. Pretty weird, I'm glad we weren't staying long enough to put the awning up, would've been ouchy on the feet. Check-out time 11am.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Steve Batch 5 reviews from this member

Well this was a first for us staff tow your van in and level it. Toilets are all individual but the showers kept dropping pressure, well kept site grass cut and flowers watered only problem with this site is the adults that have to empty there grey water at 7-00am going over the stoney road and waking us up, we don't all go to bed at 9-00pm I do not think it warrants £40 per night

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: SymbolLife 11 reviews from this member

Best, most friendly staff we have ever had the pleasure to deal with. Very accommodating for our unavoidable pre 2pm entry.

Beautifully kept gardens are a credit to the wardens. There is a lovely little pond full of goldfish in the 'posher area'.

Toilet suites clean and improve in standard towards the reception area. Sadly dogs not allowed off lead even on small 'Puppy Parade' dog walk. With two Labradors to exercise I was pleased I was staying only the one night as the lake was also full of 'Dogs to be kept on leads!' signs. No cycling signs by the lake too! The roads are narrow and unsafe to walk or leisure cycle.

In budget pitch. Still room to sit at the side of the motorhome but on gravel. Not a problem. No TV reception after 6pm due to being between two masts apparently (?)

Ate at the Malt n Salt chippy by the lakeside. Decent food with lovely view.

Found a lovely farm shop, café and antiques business 5 mins drive down the road.

Would return but only for a one nighter me thinks.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Maggieebley 3 reviews from this member

We were very disappointed with this site - mostly because of what it promised and it is rated amongst the highest in the UK with many organisations. I have never written a negative review before but I'd like to help others to be aware of what to expect as we feel misled.

We just can't understand how it achieves the high number of awards and ratings because in our view this is a very average site.

My number one requirement for a site is a clean and warm toilet/shower block and the site describes their facilities as 'luxurious'. They are truly not. In my cubicle the shower curtain didn't reach the bottom of the shower and the spray was so wide that it soaked me and my clothes before I got in and my whole cubicle got flooded. This wasn't a leak. There was rust on the shower rail, radiator and mirror and there was a toilet brush that had half a handle and had seen better days. The water flow and temperature had surges and my husband said the same. In the morning, two cubicles were unusable because of flooding. There are eight cubicles in a pebble dashed shed like building with doors that lead directly out to the car park. The whole block needs a good refurbish to bring it up to date.

The site itself is tidy, free internet on the computer in their information room but you have to pay extra for wifi. The laundry and dishwash area is basic. The dog walking area is very small. Surrounding area is lovely - 12 miles from Bath.

If this site advertised and charged according to what it actually has to offer, I would be a bit fed up because of the shower/toilet but I wouldn't feel conned. We had just left The Old Oaks in Glastonbury that has practically the same rating but that is beautiful, luxurious and deserves every award it gets.

Previous     59 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Somerset   -   Search for a site

Three Car Seat Protectors / Hammocks to be won Win an Outwell Flagstaff 5a Inflatable Tent Package worth over £1000

UKCS Meet Volksworld Show, Sandown Park, Surrey - 25th to 26th March
Europe`s largest VW Show with 100s of cars inside and out, traders, live music and more ...more