Visitor Reviews - Bath Chew Valley Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Somerset > Site Reviews

Bath Chew Valley Caravan Park
Ham Lane
Bishop Sutton
Somerset   (Browse area)
BS39 5TZ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01275 332 127

1m  1m  1m 1m   1m

Reviews:  50 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: October 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Peter.neil 3 reviews from this member

A 'quite good' site which is trying very hard to keep up with Caravan Club.

An adult only site.

On arrival we were booked in by a young female who only once looked up at us when asking for money. The intro speech was well rehearsed and robotic. You are NOT allowed to pitch your own caravan. It is taken at speed by an operative with a mini tractor and THEY choose where you pitch. The pitches are wide enough to pitch comfortable, even with an awning but you cannot park your car next to your caravan, you have to use the carpark. They pitched us so close to the edge they left no room on the hard standing for water barrels. So there was 2 unsightly muddy patches on their manicured grass when we left. The toilet block is very quaint but very clean. All in one toilet and shower rooms were ok but annoying if you only needed to use the toilet at busy times. They also started to clean them at 9-30 am. As this was the busiest time of the day for showers there was always people waiting outside. Also you are not allowed to use any water to clean your unit, as seen as you enter the site, one filthy caravan and awning used by one of their wardens. They have a good info room with a PC and printer, which is free to use. A quiet site and in a good location to explore the local area, eg. Bristol, Bath, Glastonbury.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Nicky Davies 3 reviews from this member

I chose this site for its location very near my daughter's wedding by Chew Valley Lake and I certainly would choose to come back if I wanted to holiday in the area. I don't have a dog so can't comment on those facilities. For my needs, one person, it was perfect in terms of site staff helpfulness, fully serviced pitch, immaculate, super clean, warm individual shower/toilet/wash rooms well equipped each with hair dryers. I was delighted to have my touring caravan sited for me which the site insists on and, as the pitches are quite precisely laid out, it was one less potential stress. The pitch came with TV aerial point, a first for me, which I thought wasn't working. Staff came to check it for me very quickly only to find the problem was me! Due to the wedding, I had all the flowers delivered to my caravan and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Without me asking, I was given the loan of their airy meeting room, with key, for four days to keep them in and a large table to prepare them. They even took them all - 30 vases, pedestal, buckets of greenery and buttonholes - in their van over to the outdoor venue for me. When I got back someone had cleared up all my mess! In my case, in terms of staff helpfulness and pleasantness, I cannot speak highly enough. It didn't bother me that my car had to be parked in their car park, which was near enough and helped to keep the site quiet which I like. Good road access into Bristol and Bath with various means of getting there if you don't want the hassle of parking. There is hire car available on site, which although I didn't need, I thought the rates were reasonable. Its location makes it good for country walks, trips to beaches at Weston super Mare, shopping locally in Wells or Midsomer Norton or the cities if you want more choice. There is a lovely pub, The Carpenters Arms, 4 miles up the road at Stanton Wick, where our family had a delicious quality meal as I didn't like the local one, despite its rave reviews. The only thing I do like when caravanning is a view, which I didn't have this time, but a quick trip to the stunning lakeside, walking (1. 5 miles) or by car almost makes up for that. Access to the site is fine from M5 although lots of windy country lanes for about 11 miles. All in all a very good site.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Raq54321 8 reviews from this member

This is a very clean tidy site with wonderful show facilities.

Some things they could change to make it even better:

Bigger dog walk as it is like a postage stamp and no good for larger dogs. Good to have water bowl and poo bags but just too small and no off lead area particularly when there is nowhere nearby to off lead walk them either.

Agree about village being run down. Pub advertised as fantastic was far from it! Food bog standard but overinflated prices.

Also agree with road to the site very narrow but at least they made it one way.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Feisty Freddie 9 reviews from this member

Do you ever read reviews and wonder if they were at the same site as you? This site is maintained to the highest standard and customer care is second to none. Some people object to having their caravans sited for them - we think it just saves us a job! And it was done with considerable care and levelled for us. The fully serviced pitch included aerial point but we didn't find we needed it. A bit odd parking cars in the car park but not a problem as cars are allowed on site for loading, dropping people off, etc. The toilet facility was as clean as any we have seen and cleaners were there twice a day to our knowledge. We NEVER had to wait for a toilet/shower cubicle to become available and the site was full for the duration of our visit. Ground staff were friendly, helpful and courteous at all times. The local shop might not be Waitrose, but it stocked everything you might need and they were very friendly. The pub served good food at good prices. My single quibble would be the internet connection which was intermittent and not very reliable especially for the price. We will definitely use the site again if we are in this area.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mistrelyn 12 reviews from this member

I re-read some of the recent reviews and have to agree with most.

Really enjoyed this site apart from the gravel and the miniscule dog walk. We did find a footpath into the adjacent fields on our last day but didn't use it due to the weather and just walked up the lane.

The site is really nicely laid out and not having the car to hand was not such a big deal. Without the gravel it would be even better!

The toilet facilities certainly draw mixed reviews but I liked them and would give them 10 out of 10 for design. An update will be required in the near future though so I hope they do not re-design them then.

The shop down the road served us well and was fairly well stocked.

Can't comment on the pub.

We travelled from the North and decided to come off the M5 at junction 21 and across country from there on the A368. Some very dodgy sections of villages to tow through so take care if you do the same.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sparkiesdad 7 reviews from this member

Visited this site for the first time at Easter (First time out in new van).

Other reviews have already covered most of the issues but I would like to add that at bank holidays you can only book for 7 nights. I do agree that this is a very nice site and for adults only which is a first for us and was a major success especially at school holiday time. There is a surplus of signs though-out beginning 'do not' but understandable considering todays tendencies.

The toilet facilities were always immaculate and this rather underlined that this was an adults only site.

We have an active Springer Spaniel which needs off lead exercise. This is difficult at this site and area, The lake is only 2/3 hundred yards away but the water authority operates an on-lead policy so this was not ideal for us.

The policy of parking tow cars away from the pitch is probably going to mean we will not visit this site in future, I never realised how inconvenient this would be. The pitches are very well laid out and would not be accessible without the sites push pull machines to site and remove the vans. Once an awning is erected there is no further room for a tow vehicle to park. Even if you do not erect an awning you are still not permitted to keep a tow car on your pitch. Whilst this maximises the available space for the owners it is very inconvenient when in our case we keep certain things in the car, if its wet then you are wet when you reach your car.

I would add that this does not of course apply to campervans. The roads are all gravel so moving any wheeled item is difficult. TV reception was for us very patchy, The service pitches all had plugin tv points but not the rest which is unusual. As this is not a cheap site we thought this was mean.

Previous     50 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Somerset   -   Search for a site

Win a Buzz Rack Scorpion 2 Bike Carrier Win a CUBO Breeze Inflatable Campervan Awning!

UKCS Meet Camperex 2016 - Liverpool Exhibition Centre 8 - 10th January
Brand new leisure show for touring caravans, motorhomes, campers and park homes. Win tickets!

Coming Soon!