Visitor Reviews - Hendra Holiday Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Cornwall (East) > Site Reviews

Hendra Holiday Park
Lane
Newquay
Cornwall (East)   (Browse area)
TR8 4NY   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01637 875 778

1m  5m  5m  5m   1m

Open: April To November

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  83 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Campervan mum 1 review from this member

Very large, very well run site - despite it being fully booked Easter bank holiday weekend.

Very Clean in all areas - good toilets, showers and other facilities.

Well stocked shop.

Bit of noise from club - but this finished at a reasonable time.

Bus into Newquay at site entrance - 3. 30 single return this weekend.

Rally weekend - excellent.

Date of Visit: October 2013 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Serin 7 reviews from this member

We don't tend to use larger sites and prefer to travel with our tourer, but given that it's Oct we took advantage of a cheap Daily Mail offer and booked half term here.

The caravan was beautiful, very clean and almost brand new. It was fully heated and we were glad of that. We did pay slightly extra to upgrade to Cherry Field though.

The site is proud of it's green credentials, it seems to generate a lot of it's own energy from solar panels and a biomass boiler.

We didn't use the evening entertainment (prefer fishing!) but the Tavern 'pub' had a nice outside seating area so we had a few drinks there on the milder evenings.

We never saw or heard any rowdy behaviour, but it is October!

There is plenty to do in the vicinity and there seems to be plenty for kids to do on the actual site. Ours loved the fun pool and the skate park.

We would return.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: JG1971 3 reviews from this member

Just arrived back from a 10 night stay in our touring caravan.

I have to say that the site didn't live up my expectations given all the fantastic reviews I had read.

We were allocated a pitch in the middle of the 'Holly' area which is very near to the busy main road - but the noise was bearable. I can only imagine how bad it must have been for the tents that were pitched just a few yards from the road!

There is a big problem with people cutting through pitches to get to the toilets/showers - this is caused by there being no real barrier between the top rows of pitches and the middle rows.

The toilets are kept spotlessly clean by the hard-working cleaners.

The showers are also clean but very poorly designed - they are fixed and it is virtually impossible to keep towels & clothes dry because of the very narrow divider between changing & shower area.

The clubhouse is woefully inadequate for the size of the site with way too many tables & chairs crammed in. Drinks are expensive and the children's entertainment is among the worst I've seen.

We found that purchasing our own drinks (from the nearby Morrisons) and sitting out near the pizza bar & fish & chip shop(where they have live music) was the best option.

The site shop was good and not too expensive.

All the staff that we met were very pleasant and hard-working.

I think we will try other places around Newquay before coming back here again.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Nikki1171 10 reviews from this member

Unfortunately I'm disappointed with this site (currently staying here whilst writing). From the reviews I had hoped that this would be a caravan site with lots of facilities that was still very family orientated. Whilst I can't fault any of the facilities on offer (although expect to queue for the indoor pool on a rainy day) its unfortunate that the park isn't acting to control noise at night. We've been unfortunate to be situated next to a rowdy family with constant visitors. We paid for the top pitch hoping for more privacy and got a 1 foot hedge either side and the said neighbours with a gazebo (as well as an awning) that is situated about a foot from our window! Every night so far (1 week) there has been a gathering in the gazebo. Not ideal with young children. It's a shame that site staff aren't checking for noise levels after say 10pm. Lying in bed at 12. 30am listening to neighbours partying is not good! This isn't really what we look for in a caravan site and I guess I made a mistake hoping that this site wouldn't be as 'holiday park' as others.

My only other criticism of facilities is the 'innovative awning surface'. This is basically gravel and it travels into the caravan and the awning every day and gets on my nerves!

The location of the site is good but I think we'll have to forgo the facilities next time to avoid the neighbours from hell.

Reviewer: Shaun 123 1 review from this member

Just got back from this wonderful site, excellent pitch. The park was very busy and we had no problems pitching in the sunshine. The first glimpse of the site was how clean and tidy it is. The toilets are cleaned to a high standard never were they dirty. Spotless showers as well.

The food was quite expensive but was top class, big portions so wasn't grumbling. The facilities are brilliant. The pools are great, 2 lifeguards on all the time

Night entertainment was ok but struggled to get a seat, beers and drinks were not cheap but you are on holiday so you go with the flow. Also the chippy and pizza place are good quality. So all in all excellent site and will give it 5 stars for the staff and cleanliness of the site. 4. 5 overall holiday. Keep up the good work hendra and will be back soon

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Earth-angel 3 reviews from this member

We've recently returned from our fourth stay at Hendra and as usual it didn't disappoint.

I'm a working single mum with two children, 10 & 16. So I need a site where I feel secure and has plenty to keep the children occupied; Hendra has this.

The staff are always extremely helpful. Last year we pitched our tent on the wrong pitch, was my fault but I was shattered after the five hour drive so they told me not to worry and sent a couple of guys who took it down and erected it on the correct pitch for me.

Toilet/shower blocks are always being cleaned, I've never seen them anything other than spotless and we always go high season.

As I have a small car the hire shop is a god send, for around a tenner each we hire cooker stand, wardrobe and electric cool box; makes a huge difference.

The pool is amazing. Well worth the extra change.

We don't use the clubhouse so I can't comment on that. We use the evening for the quality time that we sadly don't always get in our day to day life; playing consequences, who am I and charades. We often end up in stitches. My 16 year old son with an active social life at home still looks forward to those times.

Beaches. Is gotta be Newquay for the waves. My two have been body boarding for years so the waves have to be huge!

Lusty Glaze is our favourite beach, it's got everything waves, caves, rock pools, cafe, shop and even a zip wire. The good thing is that it is a small cove so it is easy for the children to find you if they go off into the sea. My two go off to catch waves and only come back when they are hungry. Meanwhile, because I have set up camp near the cafe, I can relax and access the free Wi Fi :-)

The other great beach is Holywell bay especially if you have young children. The waves are still good but there are 'streams' of water about a foot deep that you can set up next to so great for toddlers. The huge sand dunes are fab, you can hire on the beach big round plastic tray like things with handles for 4 for the day to go sliding down the sand dunes on. Looks great fun one day I'll hire one for myself!

Pauline's tea room in Newquay main street does a mean cream tea.

The Minack Theatre is truly amazing, book tickets online before you go as they sell out in high season.

Think that's everything. Enjoy your holiday

Previous     83 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Cornwall (East)   -   Search for a site

Win a Wisport SilverFox 30L Rucksack Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Tribfest Music Festival 14/08 to 17/08 East Yorkshire
An affordable, fantastic weekend away listening to some great live Top tribute bands. Claim discounted entry!!