Visitor Reviews - Hendra Holiday Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Cornwall (East) > Site Reviews

Hendra Holiday Park
Lane
Newquay
Cornwall (East)   (Browse area)
TR8 4NY   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01637 875 778

1m  5m  1m  1m  1m  5m   1m

Open: March 21st To October 31st

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  97 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Cj72 1 review from this member

I've stayed at hendra a few times. The park is really clean. The staff are helpful and can't do enough to help you. I haven't been to the entertainment but I've heard its really good. The shop has just about everything you could need. You can hire things you might if forgotten. The only bad thing is WiFi signal, its really bad.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jasonc488 1 review from this member

As a 1st time camper, I really didn't know what to expect. There were 4 of us, 2 adults and 2 kids (age 3 and 6). Upon arrival, we were quickly given our pitch no. And site location. The customer service was quick and friendly. Our pitch was located against the edge of the pitch field and slightly sloped. This caused my kids to roll towards me in the middle of the night. Also, walking around the inside of the tent was a bit of an inconvenience. There was drinking water facility located near our pitch which was great. The shower block was located close by too. The whole of the park was very clean and tidy. The main entertainment block was adequate, but finding seating would mean turning up early and staying in your seats unless you wanted to lose them. The cost of the drinks and food in the park was extortionate, as a 1st time camper we had no cooking facility and was dependant on eating out. Something I will not do again. The play park for the kids was good and never overcrowded. The outdoor swimming pool was signed as being 22 - 24 degrees, I would definitely argue that. As my kids lips turned blue after about 5 mins of being in the pool, bating in mind the whole week we were there was sunny and next to no clouds. The indoor pool was great value, we went inside when my kids didn't enjoy the outside pool. The prices in the local shop was reasonable with freshly baked croissants in the morning, there were delicious too. All in all, I would probably return to this park and recommend it to others. The staff are friendly and welcoming, the kids were kept entertained. But I would definitely be asking for a level pitch.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Snemlaw1 1 review from this member

Welcomed on site on arrival and shown on map our pitch. Site further from Newquay than we thought but good location.

Site is very well laid out and didn't feel as big as it was.

Toilet and shower facilities were excellent and the cleaning Staff were really good at keeping at keeping them clean from morning till night come rain or shine!

Bar terrace good, WiFi not bad, prices OK, amusements all good well laid out, didn't use upstairs entertainment as too busy for us.

Pool complex good and closed to public on rainy days to allow holiday makers good access which was good.

We felt pitch size a little tight once tent was up, passengers had to exit car to park in gap we had and whilst activities on site would like to see more for teenagers that were free or small cost such as basketball area.

Overall we enjoyed holiday there and would go again.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Barrington 2 reviews from this member

Arrived and had a very easy and smooth check in, precise directions given to pitch. Very big well kept pitch, immaculate toilets and shower blocks, park kept very tidy throughout, friendly and helpful staff, good entertainment for kids and adults, excellent indoor and outdoor pools, morrisons nearby, booked to go back next year, would highly recommend

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Orchid5 7 reviews from this member

We arrived at around 13:30 on Monday 3rd August, as we also had friends joining us later in the week we were given their pitch and details initially, hubby sorted that out and we were given the corner pitch in Pine, very big and roomy but very near to the exit barrier on the other side of the wall so noisy as well as noise coming from the main road.

We stayed at Hendra 3 years ago and were pitched in Oak, much better for an undisturbed nights sleep!

The site hasn't changed much, is still beautifully cared for and clean but sadly my 13. 5yr old Stepdaughter was bored as not much for her age range other than the arcades and skate park, she used the outdoor pool but was beaten by the weather and sadly the Oasis didn't hold her attention for long, so my thoughts on that are if you are 10 and below there is lots to do but teenagers not so much.

I would definitely recommend Hendra to anyone, however because of the above we won't be visiting again sadly.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Scook1 2 reviews from this member

This was the first and will be the last time we go to Hendra. I have registered on this site to write this review which is something I never do.

The toilets were clean and the shop is very well stocked, also it is located in a good enough location to visit newquays and crantocks beaches.

The reason we don't like this site is due to the type of place it is. It is very much geared up for families that travel in groups with lots of children. They are obviously keen on offering cheap drinks and lots of slush puppies so that these groups can stay in the club house until gone midnight. They then leave making as much noise as possible (this happened every night)

We booked the site as we have a little one and wanted to take advantage of the heated indoor pool, soft play area and playgrounds. The playgrounds had fag ends in, the soft play area had dangerous hard parts to it and the indoor pool had a charge and was over crowded and not very warm (also had a time limit to how long).

The first pitch we were given had MacDonald wrappers, food and metal bbq skewers all over it. We were immediately moved to a pitch that had loads of water balloons in the grass which wasn't great for the little one. The pitch we wanted wasn't available due to recent bad weather (when I checked there wasn't anything wrong with the filed) so were placed in the maple field which has a lot of noise from the main.

I think the site needs to look at itself a little and think about the reputation they want and the type of customers they need. The experience I had of the staff is that they aren't really that bothered.

They have had some great reviews hence the reason I wanted to add my opinion of our stay.

Previous     97 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Cornwall (East)   -   Search for a site

Win an OLPRO 'POP' Quick Erect 2 Berth Tent Win a Dog Bag Pop Up Fabric Kennel

UKCS Meet Autumn Motorhome & Caravan Show, Newark - 2nd to 4th September
Weekend Campers and day visitors will see a huge range of motorhomes, caravans, as well as accessories and consumables

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016