Visitor Reviews - Brighouse Bay Holiday Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Scotland > Dumfries and Galloway > Site Reviews

Brighouse Bay Holiday Park
Borgue Peninsula
Kirkcudbright
Dumfries and Galloway   (Browse area)
DG6 4TS   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01557 870 267

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  116 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: David storm 5 reviews from this member

Visited what used to be a lovely 5 star site, having been a regular when my kids were growing up. Very disappointed. Touring pitches crammed together with little room when they used to offer space. In fact area around pitches 18y onwards looked like a car park. Pitches gravel with little grass surround- very poor condition- lots of mud, little grass! At his park used to be famed for its plush surrounding and grounds- sadly not now. Clearly obvious that policy has turned to quantity over quality. Toilets and showers fine, but unchanged in 10 years. Park now has hundreds of statics, cabins etc all seeming to bring in the pounds over the quality of experience. Park area extremely noisy, even though we were parked well away from the area. A pitches sodden and muddy with little grass next to had standing-despite little ran. Shop ran out of bread by lunchtime and little in the way of supplies at all. No wifi, despite offering to charge you 17 a week! no phone signal. Pay phone at reception out of order- sign saying use payphone at club. Payphone at club also out or order! not really good enough for a 'premier'park. Shame on you Gillespie leisure. Quality should count and its quit clear that is no longer the case! Very saddened by visit and sadly what I can not evidence is a sadly neglected former fantastic park. I had recommended this park to numerous families through the years, but no longer.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Julietyran 5 reviews from this member

We would normally stay at another park in Kirkcudbright but as it was full we decided to stay at Brighouse Bay. Although it was a lovely big park, it was too big for us. We prefer smaller parks. A few issues were that there was no mobile phone coverage. The toilets/showers were unisex which did not appeal to us at all. We decided to use the swimming pool on the morning after arrival and once in the pool realised that there was what looked like a greasy layer on the top of the swimming pool. It really looked like it needed a good clean out. Don;t think we would go back to this particular park. There was a path that took you to the beach but unfortunately when you got to the end of the path, it was just too rocky. We had our dogs with us and was quite disappointed to find this.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Grandhare 5 reviews from this member

Site very quiet. We were very handy for shower block and no one near us at all. The unisex shower cubicles were great but they closed them halfway through our week as not enough people on the park to justify the extra cleaning - which I agreed - it would have been nice if Reception had known why they were suddenly closed with no notices posted. (I had to find out from the cleaner). Bit too isolated for us - quite a drive to 'civilisation'. Also there was a group arrived for the weekend at one of the seasonal pitches and they were still partying well after midnight.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Horsley-Gang 1 review from this member

We were recommended this site by a friend and we were not disappointed.

We stayed from the 26th July until the 1st August, mixed weather but that's what camping is about!

The site is very well maintained, regularly cleaned toilets and shower blocks and also nice and big touring pitches with a grass area. Situated overlooking the beach and with 3 ponds on site and various wooded areas its one of the best sites I have visited. Nearest village is Kirkcudbright about 5miles which has all local amenities inc Tesco extra

We were right opposite a small woodland (about 10m2) which if you cut through you come to the toilets and wash area and also the children's play area which had a real tractor which the kids loved.

The entertainment in the clubhouse is great as well as the food and its very well priced for those on a budget. A pint of lager and Malibu and coke was 5. 30, very reasonable.

We will return in the future

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Happysitefinder 5 reviews from this member

Pleasant surprise when we arrived here another site we visited years ago and never thought that much of it but this time we really enjoyed ourselves. Everybody really nice and friendly, site tidy, toilets clean and plenty to do even the pool open a big change to the last site we where on. This site has everything but the weather and we will be back in the summer for that its a bit out the way but all you need is on site all I can say is roll on the summer

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Bonnie + Clyde* 10 reviews from this member

Didn't pre-book but just turned up. Huge space available for tents with generous pitch area. Our pitch was sectioned off with wee hedges that gave some privacy. Booked in at reception and was told to choose any pitch I liked. I didn't see a warden again - I knew where they were if I needed them. I was late to leave and even then they didn't chase me off the site! Toilets clean and tidy. Great beach nearby that my dog loved! No signal available for me which was a small issue - you can pay for wifi I think found this out too late! Went to the David Coulthard Museum which was good. Some of the driving left me speechless. Some idiot tried to run me off the road as I wasn't quick enough at a roundabout! Clearly this is nothing to do with the site of course. All in all, a great site but bit of a journey for me to get there! Would still recommend the site though - a good stay!

Previous     116 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Dumfries and Galloway   -   Search for a site

Win an OLPRO 'POP' Quick Erect 2 Berth Tent Win a Dog Bag Pop Up Fabric Kennel

UKCS Meet Autumn Motorhome & Caravan Show, Newark - 2nd to 4th September
Weekend Campers and day visitors will see a huge range of motorhomes, caravans, as well as accessories and consumables

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016