Visitor Reviews - Looe Country Park Caravan & Campsite ( Formerly Known As Polborder House )

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Cornwall (East) > Site Reviews

Looe Country Park Caravan & Campsite ( Formerly Known As Polborder House )
Bucklawren Road
Cornwall (East)   (Browse area)
PL13 1QS   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01503 240 265

1m  1m  1m  1m  5m  5m  1m  1m   5m  5m  1m  5m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Glamping

Reviews:  65 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Pangie46 6 reviews from this member

Very friendly owners and spotlessly clean even though we visited at peak time.

We were unfortunately located near the play area which was a little inconvenient as we don't have children and there were plenty of families much further away from it. The space near the play area seems a little cramped in comparison to the larger field near the reception area and we had a family of 7 with a tent bigger than a detached house right next to us.

There is no dog exercise area which seems odd as the site openly accepts dogs.

With a little more thought the site would be perfect.

Shop on site very handy for essentials and very reasonable prices. Launderette a little steep and dryer doesn't seem to get hot, spent nearly 10 trying to get out stuff dry.

For families this is a lovely site. For dog owners and people looking for a restful time maybe not so.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Mandhab 1 review from this member

I cant praise the owners of this site enough, my campervan was breaking and I had not booked in a camping slot but they came to mine and my daughter rescue. They were so helpful and friendly. The site was perfect, my daughter loved the play area and enjoyed visiting the shop. They helped with the internet and were amazing. The toilet block. Wow the best ive ever seen so clean and modern. A peaceful retreat, amazing. Me and Grace will definitely visit again, thank you

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Geoffchat 1 review from this member

I have just returned from a week on this site and whilst the owners can't do anything about the weather I dropped in lucky with wall to wall sunshine. I had read in other reviews about the 1/2 mile narrow lane access but there are plenty of passing places and so long as you go steady you shouldn't get caught out, there are only 2 small sites, this one and one opposite so the chance of meeting someone towing the opposite way is small.

I found the reception by the owners extremely friendly and welcoming, I could sense immediately that they care about their customers and this was proven when I was due to leave and discovered that I had a problem with my motor-home. They couldn't have been more supportive if they wanted to be.

The site is extremely clean, tidy and well kept. There is a good looking play area for the kids but as mine are grown up and living their own lives now I never got to experience it.

If you are relying on walking the walks in any direction are challenging but pleasant (especially to Looe via Millendreath).

I certainly plan to return sometime soon.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Greggwiz 1 review from this member

Excellent site, if you are looking for peace and quiet, this is it. Lovely owners, very helpful. Small well stocked shop, all the essentials. Toilets and showers were immaculate, the best we have ever seen. Huge pitches around the edge of fields only, hedges break up the pitches into pairs adding privacy. Small children's play area, closed at 9. 30pm so a quiet evening is ensured. If there was a drawback, the site is remote, but then that adds to the peacefulness, so you cant have it all. Would thoroughly recommend this site if you want a well maintained peaceful holiday.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Gazatates 1 review from this member

Brilliant ! Our third visit here, quite location great facilities, always a warm welcome at the reception, toilets and showers are first class, good little shop just in case you forget something.

Good location close to Looe 5-10min drive away and easy to get to other parts of cornwall, Liskard Town is close by 20min drive away with Aldi and a Morrisons at hand. Highly recommend this site worth a visit

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sandiego870 4 reviews from this member

Just returned from our 2nd. Time at this beautiful site and had a brilliant time. We were welcomed like old friends by the owners who on our last visit in 2013 could not have been more helpful when my wife became ill. I cannot recommend this extremely well kept site enough. The grounds and hedges are immaculate and the toilet/showers were the cleanest we've ever seen on any of the multitude of campsites we have stayed on in over 30 years of caravanning. One small point that my wife picked up on was the lack of a sink in the laundry room. Small thing agreed, but she thought it important enough to make me mention it. If you want to stay in or near Looe, THIS IS THE PLACE TO STAY. PS although I have put zero stars against child friendly, it's because we didn't have any, but children are accepted and there is a small play area on site.

Previous     65 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Cornwall (East)   -   Search for a site

Win a pair of OLPRO Hush Sleeping Bags worth 48.00 Win a HandiMoova Off-road Foldable Hand Trolley!

UKCS Meet Beat at Tencreek 60s Weekend, Cornwall - 14th to 16th October
A Sounds of the Swinging Sixties long weekend concert with camping on site ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016