Visitor Reviews - The Orchards Holiday Caravan And Camping Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > Isle Of Wight > Site Reviews

The Orchards Holiday Caravan And Camping Park
Main Rd
Newbridge
Yarmouth
Isle Of Wight   (Browse area)
PO41 0TS   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01983 531331

1m  1m  5m  1m   5m  5m

Open: 28th March-1st November

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  79 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Thewhitehorse 18 reviews from this member

This is a big campsite set in a rural landscape. The pitches are set in a lawned area with apple trees, hence the name. Our pitch was the furthest away from the showers and other facilities, such as laundry. I enjoyed the walk to the block but my partner felt that they were too far away, something to consider prior to booking.

There were plenty of showers and loos; the shower cubicles were like small rooms with a sink and chair. The site has a shop, Wi-Fi, Pool & TV room and even a swimming pool with Café.

Best thing for us was the bus stop outside. A bus goes to Newport, with its central location and bus station, which gives easy access to anywhere on the island.

Carisbourne Castle, Osborne House and The Needles, Alum Bay all highly recommended.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Daz and Sara 6 reviews from this member

We have just got home from spending a long weekend at the Orchards and have to say we loved it there. The staff were friendly and helpful and the site was clean and well laid out - we had a lovely view across fields up to the Rowridge aerials. Amenities were good - largish shop, pool table, table tennis, indoor and outdoor pools. The only slight drawback for us was there wasn't a pub in short walking distance. All in all a great site and we'll definitely be back.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: DanandSan 4 reviews from this member

First advice is don't use sat navigation as it puts you down pound lane and having towed a twin axle van with bikes on top of the car I can tell you it's not advised.

Let the orchards take the hassle out of booking the ferry for you. I did and it also worked out cheaper that way. Well done the orchards

Upon arrival I found the staff helpful and friendly. They showed us to out pitch which was number YA1. This is right next to a busy pathway through to the amenity block and swimming pool so gets very busy. On pitch size I have to say I was disappointed. It was big enough for the van and porch awning but you have to put the car across the front of the unit. In 20 years of caravanning this is one of the smaller pitches I have come across. The site is well laid out and well maintained. It's a little bit heavy on the rules for my liking but it does keep the place ticking along pleasantly. Too many signs and notices. I there are 2 pools an outdoor which is nice and an indoor one which at peak times and operates an 1 hours time slot approach. I am a bit frustrated that all children under the age of 16 HAVE to be watched swimming. It's normally nice for the children to go off and find a bit of independence whilst giving us time to settle down for an hour. The shower block is the best I have seen being modern and well appointed. I was slightly disappointed to be asked to pay a £2 deposit for a photocopy of a download able local cycle ride. This seems a bit tight to me. I went to wight link ferry port at yarmouth and asked the receptionist their and she took the time to colour photocopy me one for free even though I just walked in off the street. Well done wight link on cracking customer service.

The orchards is set in rambling countryside and is well appointed and we'll run. The negative comments are only minor but would improve the welcome no end if improved upon.

Would I come back YES

Would I rate as a top 100 park NOT YET, BIT WOULD NOT TAKE MUCH

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mr_jibbles 8 reviews from this member

Just returned from 10 day stay here. It was a return visit; we spent 6 nights here last summer.

The fact that we have come back for a 2nd year and are considering staying next summer says it all. This is an excellently thought-out and extremely well maintained site. Staff were always friendly and clearly worked hard to make the site run smoothly.

We were staying on a hardstanding pitch which had lovely views across the countryside. There was plenty of space for our car, caravan, awning and somewhere to sit in the sunshine. The site was quite busy but we didn't feel too jammed in considering it was peak, school holiday season.

The facilities block is excellent with plenty of showers, loos and sinks. Never had to queue and they were always clean, the cleaners worked at various times during the day and evening to ensure they were kept clean and tidy. The shower cubicles have loads of room to shower the kids without getting soaked myself. There is even a little area with hairdriers and sockets to plug in your own drier if your prefer, or hair straighteners.

We used the pools a number of times. Our kids (7 & 8) loved them. There is no additional payment for using them and they have good, long opening hours. No slides etc but still great feature of the site. Site also has a pool room, table tennis room and outside play area.

On-site shop is handy and has good basic range of food, drink & camping goods as well as some souvenirs.

We had fish and chips from the takeaway and also breakfast. It was good value. The kids especially liked that they could buy Mr whippy icecreams too.

We were really lucky and had fabulous weather so spent a fair amount of time on the beaches but would also recommend yarmouth, Needles old battery, fossil walk with Oliver from dinosaur expeditions cic, Osbourne house & carisbrook castle. Dinosaur isle at Sandown was also good and inspired the children to hunt for their own fossils! Bembridge lifeboat station is definitely worth a visit. We went back on a Tuesday evening to watch it launch.

All in all, an excellent site, we had a great stay.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Tim27 5 reviews from this member

Very nice site, the staff were very helpful, very clean, music playing 24/7 in the shower/toilet area, great swimming pools (indoor was a bit warm), the on site shop worked out cheaper than tesco but did run low on stock - but then it would because it was such great value. The take away I would give 10 out of 10 with a great menu and service, on the whole perfect, we will be returning.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sue1234567 2 reviews from this member

We had a wonderful week on this brilliant site. There is a lovely play area for kids, a great indoor and outdoor pool and reasonable shop and take away. The pitches are large and well maintained, with ample water points and the best toilet / shower block we have ever come across. The position on the island is great and there was loads to do with our son and brilliant beaches a short distance away. Plenty of local pubs with gardens for children / dogs. I would have no hesitation recommending this site to anyone and we found nothing at all to criticise. Definitely one to try.

Previous     79 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Isle Of Wight   -   Search for a site

Win a Sleepy - The Wearable Sleeping Bag! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCampsite.co.uk Advent Calendar