Visitor Reviews - The Sandringham Estate Caravan and Motorhome Club Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Norfolk > Site Reviews

The Sandringham Estate Caravan and Motorhome Club Site
The Sandringham Estate, Glucksburg Woods
Sandringham
Norfolk   (Browse area)
PE35 6EZ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  10m  10m   1m

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes

Reviews:  69 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Write your own Review for a chance to Win £300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a £300 Prize Package including £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Babstreefern 21 reviews from this member

Never been to King's Lynn, so decided to stay at this marvelous site. Its large, but there is plenty of space, so you don't feel cramped. There are 2 toilet blocks, although the one near to Reception has a separate disabled toilet, the other block in the middle doesn't. They are kept spotless. They empty the bins (there are numerous about the site) regularly.

Only negative bits, and I don't know if its this time of year, there are lots and lots of midges flying about. Also, very poor tv coverage (obviously not site's fault, but just mentioned it), and overall, there are only 5 sinks for washing up pots, could do with more.

The reception crew are really, really helpful and everyone has a smile. We arrived with a flat tyre to the car, so, straight away, they told us where the nearest place is. ATS (discount for Caravan Club members).

Put N/A for children, as we didn't bring any:)

Date of Visit: January 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Uncle Festa 15 reviews from this member

This was our first time to Sandringham CC, but it certainly won't be our last. We arrived in freezing conditions in January and the site was largely empty, with the top section of the site closed.

With plenty of room available we were soon set up on a lovely large pitch. That said, we didn't see too many small pitches and most would easily accommodate our large twin axel.

Most of the pitches were sloping and all the vans we saw had levelling blocks or ramps. We just used 2 ramps on one side of the 'van, but we still had a slight slope, so take plenty of blocks for some of the pitches.

The toilet/shower block was spotlessly clean, with decent cleaning times between 10:45 and 12:00 when the toilet block was closed. The other block was closed for the Winter so I'm not sure of the arrangements when the one left was closed for cleaning?

Any significant shops are some distance away, with a Co Op in Dersingham and an Asda in nearby Kings Lynn, both approx. 4 miles away. Pubs and restaurants are numerous, but again, be prepared for a drive to find any. We found a gorgeous pub in Snettisham, The Rose and Crown, which has been pub of the year numerous times. The food was excellent and not too pricey.

The obvious attraction is Sandringham House which is a 1. 5 mile walk through the woods, or a quick 5 min drive in the car.

We love this site and will definitely return.

Date of Visit: October 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jasonjarrow 4 reviews from this member

Just got back from a lovely weeks stay at this site. What a lovely location set amongst a forest on the Sandringham Estate making it peaceful yet not too far away from main roads for easy access.

Although this site is quite large it doesn't feel like it thanks to being split into three areas. We opted for the area containing the play area as this suited us best with our two boys who loved the play area and made so many friends it was a struggle dragging them away from site to visit the great surrounding area.

With Sandringham House with its garden and grounds with restaurant, tea room, gift shops and a great outdoor play area along with some fabulous coastline and beaches such as wells next to the sea and Cromer and within easy reach of kings Lynn for shopping just a few of the nearby places I would highly recommend a visit.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Codwales 22 reviews from this member

On arrival at the site, we were met by very friendly staff. The site reception has a shop with basic essentials. They do supply daily newspapers for a charge of 10p.

The site is set out in 3 areas, We stayed in the middle area which we found to best suite our needs. The furthest area away from the entrance has the playground and the area to the right is pleasant but the ground is covered in rabbit droppings. There are hundreds of pigeons that continually coo day and night. Perhaps this is more evident during the mating season.

The facilities whilst very dated were always clean. There are only 3 toilets for the men in each of the two blocks which is not enough when the site is full which is very often the case.

There is a chip van and pizza van call at the site. Did not try them ourselves as heard mixed reports.

There are plenty of places of interest to visit.

We will definitely return to this site

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Alyerpal 8 reviews from this member

Visited this site for the early May Bank Holiday and I have to say I was thoroughly impressed. I really like the lay- out of the site. It is set within the forest close to Sandringham House and I am informed is walking distance. The pitches are of a good standard and I found them to be spacious. Despite the surrounding trees I still found it to be sunny with dappled shade throughout the day.

There is plenty to do around the area especially for outdoor pursuits. Sandringham house offers a free car park with a small adventure play park for kids. Mine loved it. There is also a cafe and a couple of shops as a well as the opportunity to visit the house and gardens. In my humble opinion worth a visit and I am not a royalist by any standard. (If you are reading this, apologies maíam)

There is an enclosed dog walk on the site which is adequately lit for the last one of the night (The dog that is!) as well as walks off site in the immediate vicinity.

There are 2 toilet blocks which are well maintained and clean, one of which is becoming dated but adequate none the less. It was a little cramped with the downside of the showers being opposite the throne room, aka the WC. This did present some bodily odours whilst showering which is never good and perhaps a bit too picky! The site was full and I did not have to queue to use the showers.

When I was hitching up to leave, I had a problem with my motor mover, itís a big caravan and my dearly beloved is still my beloved! The staff were on hand to give me some assistance and lend me tools. Despite the rain which was the first of the weekend we resolved my issue and I was able to depart with dignity. Thanks also to the kind gent who offered to accommodate my dearly beloved and children whilst I got wet with the warden. I donít really think he knew what he was letting himself in for but itís appreciated.

In all a truly great site with helpful staff and I will certainly return. I will perhaps be a little pickier with the timing of my shower as steam and bodily gasses are truly a bad combination.

Date of Visit: January 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Abby life 6 reviews from this member

We stayed on this lovely clean and tidy site for one week. The staff were friendly and helpful, the facilities were great and very clean with lovely hot showers. The pitches are all fairly level with lots of space on each pitch. There are plenty of walks from the site, we walked to Sandringham estate cafe which do lovely home made food and was only about half an hours walk from the site with lovely views along the way. This is the perfect site to explore the local area from and there is a local shop just a short drive from the site. We will definitely be visiting this site again

Previous     69 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win £300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Norfolk   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth £49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet NEC Motorhome and Caravan Show 17th to 22nd October
See all the new-for 2018 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans Ė plus 1000s of accessories ...more