Visitor Reviews - Uig Bay Caravan And Campsite

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Scotland > Isle Of Skye > Site Reviews

Uig Bay Caravan And Campsite
10 Idrigill
Uig
Isle Of Skye   (Browse area)
IV51 9XU   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  1m

Reviews:  40 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Fraser Gardiner 12 reviews from this member

This was a stopover for using the ferry to Tarbert, the site being very convenient for the ferry. We arrived early having travelled from Mallaig on the early ferry to Skye and the site was virtually empty but by evening the motorhome area was quite full. The site was basic and ideal for the stopover with eating and bar facilities nearby, although not outstanding. We would use this facility again as the crossing to Tarbert is shorter than from Castlebay to Oban.

Reviewer: Rikaram 17 reviews from this member

Used this site as a stop for the ferry to and from the Hebrides. Could not be handier. Theres a shop and restaurant in easy walking distance and the ferry is just 30 seconds from the site.

Lovely scenery, very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Owners were helpful and friendly.

I was cycle touring and did not book on either occasion but there was no problem fitting in. At the far end of the site is an area that caravans and tourers cant reach so you can be quite isolated if you wish.

Toilet block is clean, basic but functional. Showers were simple but gave a good shower at just the right temperature without having to fiddle with lots of buttons.

Absolutely recommended if your catching the ferry but also lovely part of the country if you want to tour around Skye.

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Tentpitcher 4 reviews from this member

Was a one day trip here. My friend was on for a promise from some girls he met the night before so was an unplanned trip. Camp site was located in a good spot within walking distance to local bars. I'd recommend the bar closest to the site as they have a brilliant range of whisky! Will be returning here to try and work my way through the whisky alphabet in that bar!

Facilities were basic but did the trick! was plenty of space for pitching the tent on good flat ground!

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: TheLaird 5 reviews from this member

We booked this as we were arriving on the late ferry from North Uist. Was due to get in at 21:45 but it was 22:30 as we were delayed in boarding the ferry. I emailed the site a month in advance asking to reserve a pitch and got confirmation.

We were the first motorhome off the ferry and was glad since there were a few motorhomes/campers on the ferry. We arrived at the site first and it was packed. Drove passed a couple of spaces but they looked small so drove on and did not see any larger ones. Got to the grass area but it had a sign saying No Vans allowed (or words to that affect). There were 3 cars parked in pitches on the gravelled areas. Looking in my mirrors I saw the other vans from the ferry taking the spaces. I reversed and got into the last one. As I got out of the van, the next van said they had booked. I said so had I. There was no space left. He drove off and left the site.

Next morning, I went to pay and explained last night’s scenario. I was told that he was on his own and when went to bed at 22:00 there were spaces. I was also told that since the ferry was late that is why there were no spaces left …. Not sure this washes as 21:45 or 22:30 is not that much different in time for those with vans looking for a site. Anyway, he also told me the cars should not have been parked in the pitches and that the sign on the grass was meant for bigger autohomes and I could have parked there …. How did I know what was S, M or L for this site. Anyway it cost me £18 for the van, 2 adults and 2 kids. We did not hook up. I just had the feeling that he was not too bothered about the other van not getting their pitch. A little jobsworth perhaps.

Toilet block was clean but the gents had no hand drying of any sort. Not even an empty holder where paper should have been. Yes 2 urinals, 1 toilet, 2 showers and 1 disabled shower with toilet. It was all clean and tidy though. Outside the toilet blocks was the rubbish bins – they were full, over flowing with some rubbish left in boxes outside.

All the above is a shame as it is only 300m for pub/eating, shop and ferry terminal. Just be advised.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Ivor3648 3 reviews from this member

Very convenient for ferry to outer Hebrides. Facilities perfectly adequate and decently maintained. Owner barely contactable, even to pay. Sites for caravans and motorhomes on hardstanding area similar to car park - tent area much more pleasant with decent views. We found the pub referred to by other reviewers to be overpriced with a bog-standard menu and smelt so greasy we did not eat there, but it's all a matter of taste.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Maggie61 11 reviews from this member

Great little site. This is a gem of a site. We stayed here for 1 night on our tour of scotland, , , ,

The owners are really good, and cant do enough for you.

Toilets were clean, the only down side was there are not enough toilet cubicles in the gents, only one.

Nice level hard standing and pub at entrance that does a decent bit of food.

Elsan waste disposal on site and plenty of water taps.

Would definitely use again as cost was very good. Also can get a good TV signal.

Previous     40 Review in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Isle Of Skye   -   Search for a site

Win a Clarke IG22000 2.2kW Generator worth £467.98! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough
Exciting family entertainment, and you can make a full long weekend of them, by camping on site!Plus win tickets!