Visitor Reviews - National Water Sports Centre

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Nottinghamshire > Site Reviews

National Water Sports Centre
Holme Pierrepont
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire   (Browse area)
NG12 2LU   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 0115 982 1212

1m  1m  1m  1m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Glamping

Reviews:  55 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10

Write your own Review to win a £150 Amazon Voucher!

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Eldraco 3 reviews from this member

Nice site across from the watersport centre.

Code entry through the barrier, plenty of space for the pitch.

Electric hook up.

Small park for kids on site but when you have the watersports centre 5 minutes walk away its no problem.

Toilets on site, keypad entry were clean, didn't use showers.

Small shop on site (didn't use)

Can leave at 4pm if you wish on sundays which is good.

Easy access.

Plenty of places to visit by car in the area if that's your thing, Nottingham Castle, Sherwood Forest, Matlock etc, Derby etc etc.

Plenty of space for my two year old to run about on without bothering other campers.

Already booked another break there next month so recommend it.

My ideal site is somewhere I can relax with a fresh bacon butty in my hand, have room for the little one to play, good dog walks and things to do if I want to. So this site ticks all the boxes for me

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sivadar 2 reviews from this member

One campsite I will not return to. Yes it is big, grass, Hard standing, EHU. Obviously a site that caters only for the activities at the water sports centre.

EHU grass pitches are OK but had bigger.

PIN code to get is good and feels a bit secure. That's where it ends. For an advertised 18 acres the facilities are abysmal. One toilet / shower block. C'mon totally inadequate. Where else would you find Elsan / chemical toilet disposal dotted around a site, and not even covered. Kids playing around them. Why they not by toilet block.

Chavs who had no thought for anyone else. One even put HOT bbq coals in a plastic skip and caught fire. Play area for kids far too small. Oh yes, if you have a dog, be be prepared to take your dog mess home because I never saw ONE poo bin on site. Or you could just let your animal crap wherever and leave it. Sorry NWSC, you have some work to to do.

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Pnefan 4 reviews from this member

Just returned from this site after staying three nights in our FC. Our Son, Daughter in Law and 9 year old grandson also stayed with us. The bloke in reception was helpful and pleasant when we booked in. Entrance for cars is through a pin controlled barrier. The site is close to Nottingham and on a bus stop which is is about a 12 minute walk away. It is flat with a choice of grass and hardcore pitches well laid out with hard core roads and lights dotted around to mark out the drinking water points. The toilet block contains 10 cubicles in the womens side and 5 enclosed showers. In front it has four pot washing sinks with drainers all of which are supplied with hot and cold water. Whilst not over blessed with changing space all of them having shower curtains, an area to change and 4 hooks on the door for hanging items on. The water is activated by touching a sensor under the shower head. I cant say how many facilities are provided in the mens side as I didn't go in them. There are also two disabled rooms available attached to the side of the block but one was out of order when we were there. I assume the other was OK as we saw several disabled people including two in wheel chairs entering the facilities whilst we were there. The site is suitable for wheel chair users as it is flat and the hard core roads don't have pot holes. As we were sited near the toilet block on the EHU hard standing pitches (no 82) I can confirm that they blocks are cleaned twice a day. In between the cleaning the floor and showers can get quite messy. People seem to think its OK to walk around the site with no shoes on then enter the toilet blocks without wiping ther feet on the provided mat bringing in dirt etc. Its worse when the grass has just been cut. People were walking in large amounts of grass clippings. It was also covering the shower floors and also up the shower walls and on the shower curtains! Some person also thought it was a good idea to vacate the shower cubicle then liberally cover her self in talcom powder leaving large amounts on the floor. As I have previously said I can vouch the blocks are cleaned twice a day its some of fhe people using them that are the problem. The toilets blocks appear to have been recently renovated. The only complaint was the water pressure in the showers and some of the taps in the provided hand basins weren't working. The ones that were we also only providing hot water, a novelty whilst cleaning your teeth! Soap dispensers were provided and the hand dryers were all operational. There are large mirrors provided over the hand basins but no electric point for hairdryers nor are there any fixed hairdryers so if you aren't on EHU you wont be able to dry your hair. This is a child friendly site and our grandson enjoyed his first camping experience so much he wants to go again. As the name implies its ery close to the watersports centre but its nlt just for people into water sports. We enjoyed the foot golf, the miniature pitch and put facilities and also the adventure play ground on the national water sport facility. There are a charge for some activities.

Date of Visit: March 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Kinza123 32 reviews from this member

We have just returned from a weekend stay at this touring park. If I could rate 0 out of 10 I would.

The campsite is sold as open all year round with hard standing pitches, and a shop stocking all your essentials. The pitches are not hard standing, they are gravel with slime and if you are lucky a bit more gravel in the corner.

All the paths and the road were covered in mud, the road leading to the toilet block is mud. I appreciate weíve had rain and itís March, but if they canít cope with the drainage issues then they should not open all year.

The facilities for obtaining water are the worst I have ever seen in my life, and I have stayed at hundreds of sites all over the UK.

The Elsan point is disgusting.

You may think there is a warden on site, we did say hello to someone in the on site reception but he spent the day with another man staying in a caravan, they washed a car and a caravan with a pressure washer, that was it.

The shop is not stocked with all my essentials, unless I can survive on a bottle of water and an information leaflet. Again I appreciate itís winter, but if they canít offer the facilities please donít advertise them.

Iím grateful I was staying in my own caravan, not one of the pods, as the mud leading up to them was like Glastonbury after the festival, however I will be spending the next few days trying to clean out the inside of my car and van.

The atmosphere was slightly strange, all the long standing vans on the site plus the people arriving and sleeping in their cars, did make me wonder what the admission arrangements were.

I can honestly say this is the worst site I have ever visited, and Iím not alone, the two families adjacent were horrified too.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Maxidoodle 5 reviews from this member

Used this site so that we could travel to a nearby festival by public transport, so can't comment on the majority of the facilities within the site, although it looked spacious and lovely.

We arrived late on Friday and could choose any pitch and the range available and the hard standing plots were good. It is also on good public transport routes (may have a little walk to the stops).

After returning all muddy from the festival late Saturday night I used the showers and although the only toilet block we could see weren't 100% clean they were far better than we'd returned from, so the mud on the floors etc weren't too bad (and I cleaned up after myself). However, my husband had warned me about the 'trickle' of a shower and he wasn't exaggerating. There is no way I could rinse the bubbles out of washed hair and the drainage wasn't much better. The cubicles offer little space to put your towel and clothes and opening the door to get in and out was difficult and I class myself as medium build/slim.

I could forgive this if they were charging nearer £12-15 per night, but we were paying £22 p/night and should expect a reasonable shower it.

We'd not used any other facility, incl minimal electricity because we were out all day, so this site was expensive for what we got.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Shane9468 1 review from this member

Stayed here last week, I do like the site, open spaces for the kids good pub nearbye poppy and pint, but the showers and toilets are not so good useable but shut your eyes, , they have delivery service from a few takeaways which save you cooking etc. Its close to both football grounds only half hour walk back through ladybay and a couple of pubs to stop off at,

Previous     55 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review to win a £150 Amazon Voucher!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Nottinghamshire   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth £49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Pop up Utility tent

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 18 to 21 January 2018