Visitor Reviews - Bridge House Campsite

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Gloucestershire > Site Reviews

Bridge House Campsite
Bridge House
Lechlade
Gloucestershire   (Browse area)
GL7 3AG   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m 1m

Open:

Reviews:  45 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
100 for your reviewEvery month someone who has left a review of any caravan park or campsite will win 100 of Amazon vouchers So, if you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win!

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Bob61 24 reviews from this member

I have forgotten the number of times I have been to this site. It is certainly one of my favourite sites and being only about 1. 5 hours drive from home it is quite convenient for the 'spur of the moment' camping trips.

Very little has changed since the first time I went there about 7 or 8 years ago and it is one of those lovely sites that has remained as basic but as comfortable as it can and held it's prices down. They charge per person which is good for me being a solo camper and I paid 8 plus 4 for EHU per night. Being only 5-10 minutes walk from the town and only a field away from the River Thames and the Riverside Inn it is in a prime location and therefore excellent value for money.

As other reviewers have said, facilities are small and basic but very clean and adequate with plenty of hot water. The camping field is kept decently mown but not like a bowling green. I noticed the last time I went that they were having rabbit problems causing little holes on the pitches and that has not improved although the holes are filled in regularly. On this occasion I noticed problems with mole hills on a couple of pitches closest to reception but a mole catcher was employed to deal with them. These are just small problems and pitches are generally very well maintained.

Since my last visit they have managed to sort out the EHU pitches so that all are in reach of an electric pillar. Previously some pitches had to use extension leads.

All in all a very clean and basic site but with all necessary facilities and with a fair and affordable tariff.

I did say I would give one of the town pubs a plug. The Swan Inn has recently been taken over by a new licensee who is trying to rebuild the business. As I walked in all 3 locals, the licensee and the lady behind the bar gave a cheerie 'hello' which was very welcoming in this day and age. They sell some good real ales and well worth a visit.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Bellevueace 5 reviews from this member

I stayed one night at this site as I was attending a speedway meeting at nearby Swindon. The site itself is only a 5 minute walk from the center of Lechlade, on arrival the lady on reception was friendly and quickly booked me in and gave me all the information I needed, the key fob for the barrier and toilet/showers is a good idea. There is a medium sized field at the bottom of the path from reception and a smaller field where the warden is based. The pitch was spacious and the grass had just been cut, its very level so was comfortable. The toilet/shower block is on the small side but spotless clean and ideal for your needs, similar the washing up area. Even though the site is by a main road I wasn't aware of the traffic at all, it was a quiet site with no noise at all after 10pm. I spoke to the wardens and again found them to be friendly and pleasant. Overall I'm glad I found this site and the next time I stay here it will be for more than one night, its ideal for spending time around the Cotswolds and at 8 a night is great value. A good site I enjoyed my stay.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: 2 caravan crazies 2 reviews from this member

WOW! What an amazing place, the owners and staff are so friendly and helpful, the site is well kept and the toilets and showers are spotless. We have been there quite a few times, ideal for couples wanting a relaxing, get away from it all holiday. Close to local shops and there's plenty of take away's near by, there's also a frienldy pub on the other side of the bridge that does lovely food too.

Highly recommend Bridge House Campsite

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Mrsmertz 4 reviews from this member

Just had a lovely 2 night stop here. Great handy location for Lechlade - literally a stone's throw. Plenty of room on the site. The showers and toilets, although a bit dated, were clean and tidy. Yes, as some people have said, there is traffic noise but it isn't that bad. The annoying yapping dog in another motorhome was more of a nuisance. Nice large area in the centre and generous sized pitches. We liked having the security fob and the idea of having it on a lanyard was good. We'd stay here again.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Kmeb 3 reviews from this member

A nice surrounding area with plenty of interesting places to visit.

Owner/wardens did not welcome us on arrival. The poor entrance/exit, off a busy main road, has space for only one vehicle and the wait to get through the barrier was a long one when people were booking in.

Only a single tap to serve the large main field of campers and caravanners. Inadequate facilities - 2 showers and 3 toilets only for females and a very cramped washing up area.

During a very busy July weekend we were surrounded by ball games which was annoying, even though the rules state no ball games at busy times.

No receipt was issued or even offered on our arrival but I did manage to obtain one on the day we left.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Trevor caravan 4 reviews from this member

We stayed at Bridge house twice in July. I would think the weather had something to do with our impressions of the site. It is a basic site (all around a large field) - personally we like hedges, etc. But didn't find this too much of a problem.

I would say it is more geared up for tents and children. However, once dusk falls, it is very quiet. I say quiet, the guests are but the traffic isn't. I would rate this site higher when they build a by-pass around Lechlade. We only could tolerate the constant sound of traffic and motorbikes was because the weather was so good and we were out all day. We chose the site because it has direct access to the Thames footpath and you can walk into Lechlade.

A criticism is there are only two showers in both the gents and the ladies and my partner tried one evening on three occasions to get a shower (this was when the site was only 50% occupied). Be prepared at the height of the season to use your own shower.

Overall, we chose the site because of the beautiful area and the Thames. There are some lovely villages locally and Kelmscott village is fab. We returned purely for it's location.

There is a CL in Lechlade but we went to look at it and it is through a farm with nowhere to walk to.

There is a definite need for a quiet site in this wonderful location - hoping to win the lottery to buy one there!

Owners - gee up the council for the by-pass - there were advisory signs to stop hgv's going over the bridge into Lechlade, they should make them compulsory and shoot the motorcylist who goes past the site at full throttle at 6. 00am in the mornings!

Previous     45 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Gloucestershire   -   Search for a site

Three Car Seat Protectors / Hammocks to be won Win an Outwell Flagstaff 5a Inflatable Tent Package worth over 1000

UKCS Meet Volksworld Show, Sandown Park, Surrey - 25th to 26th March
Europe`s largest VW Show with 100s of cars inside and out, traders, live music and more ...more