Visitor Reviews - Plough Lane Caravan Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Wiltshire > Site Reviews

Plough Lane Caravan Site
Kington Langley
Wiltshire   (Browse area)
SN15 5PS   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m 5m  1m   1m  5m

Open: 16th March To 2nd November 2015

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes

Reviews:  71 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Kevinsheldon 28 reviews from this member

Arrived to a warm welcome late afternoon on Friday 11th September.

We booked a serviced hardstanding pitch for 3 nights.

Wonderful attention to detail began when we received an email a week before our arrival asking if we had any special requests right up to receiving the welcome pack supplied when booking in. Great innovation. More please!

Cannot praise the cleanliness of the facilities highly enough and although the men's toilet block housed only 2 showers, with an additional one when cleaning in progress, I never saw a queue.

Fairly regular bus service close by though you'll need to cross a busy dual carriageway to get to Malmesbury.

Ate Sunday lunch at The Plough. Food cheap and cheerful served in the pleasant restaurant conservatory.

Reviewer: Ckp04 1 review from this member

I would like to say how much we enjoyed our stay at your beautiful quiet caravan park. On arrival we were given a folder with information on absolutely everything. Where the supermarkets are, pubs, places of interest and page after page of everything we could possibly wish for. The free wifi was a fantastic bonus for us. We had such a wonderful holiday using the site as a base for our day trips to Cheddar Gorge and The Forest of Dean. The site is within reach of the most beautiful villages and towns and we visited the 17 locks on the river. I used your Disabled ‘Facilities’ once during our stay. Beautifully clean and fresh with a ‘Disability shower’ and my husband told me that the ‘gents’ was very clean with shower gel and shampoo supplied and a very nice aftershave available.

We will certainly love to visit your site again next year, thank you for all your hard work,

Colin Peck

Reviewer: Lita 6 reviews from this member

I have been to this site quite a few times now each time the standard has been high. Yes there is road noise but it certainly is not that loud that it keeps you awake, as for the cows and the smell what can I say for goodness sake you are in the country. The plough inn does really good food (the mixed grill is enormous ) my husband recommends the steak and ale pie. The site itself is so easy to get to from the M4 no narrow lanes and there is so much to see and do. Helen and Roger the owners are always happy to have a chat and give you information about the area. When you arrive you are given a folder with so much information in it about the local area and further afield you keep this until you leave. I can't think of a nicer site than this and I WILL be coming back road noise and all

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Rolyfell 2 reviews from this member

Don't be put off by other reviews about the traffic noise, yes there is but its not intrusive or disturbing make no mistake you will recieve a very warm welcome, the site is spotless but what makes this site so special is the thought that's been put into the little things, from the shower gel and shampoo in the spotless shower block alongside the aftershave by the wash hand basins. What made it for me was the information folder handed out on arrival, this contains just about anything you need to know about the area along with relevant post codes and travelling times if there are height barriers at the car parks as well as ideas for days out a very well thought out and presented information pack we only stayed two nights could have done with another couple of days maybe next time

Reviewer: Maysie 6 reviews from this member

We often stay at sites within the Tranquil Touring parks group as we like to stay at adult-only sites and all of this group tend to be a very high standard.

On arrival we received a very warm welcome from Helen. We met Roger later and he was equally warm and friendly. This site is immaculately kept. Shrubs, bushes and trees abound and the grass lawn area for each pitch is beautifully tended. I imagine a lot of hard work goes into this and we saw Roger frequently beavering about keeping things in order. The shower and toilet blocks are kept immaculately clean and contain shower gel /conditioner /hand soap/ cream/ cotton buds/cotton wool /magazines /sweets. These touches are much appreciated, as is the extremely informative pack you are given for the week containing a massive amount of local information. Added to this, the info available in reception is amazing - various folders containing walks /bus routes /local town /tourist info. Also there is a free lending library of books and DVDs. We thought this was fantastic. The reception area stays open until about 8. 30pm so you can pop in and borrow DVDs etc.

We had a fully serviced pitch, our pitch of choice if we can get one! A lovely lawn and hedges surrounded a generous sized hardstanding with plenty of room for our 24 foot van/full awning and estate car. The free wi-fi was a boon as I do like to be able to access the internet whilst away, even if it is to check the weather and National Trust properties to visit etc.

This is a fantastic site with just one or two things we think worth mentioning. There is a lot of talk about the road noise and although we can put up with it and managed to sleep ok, it is loud and does go on all night. The husband was awake at 1am and said it was as loud then as in the day. Having said that, it didn't really bother me but it is not very tranquil in that respect. The only other slight moan is that two showers in the ladies/two in the mens and one unisex is not enough. This is a fifty pitch site so you could potentially have 100 campers wanting to use 5 showers. I had to wait a couple of times for the shower, as did my husband and others, I often use the one in the van but we do like to make use of the on-site facilities too.

TV reception is not so good. We have a new van and aerial managed to catch a signal but a whole page in the welcome pack is devoted to finding a TV signal and you can rent an aerial/pole on site for a pound a day so I imagine not everyone manages to get a signal on their own. Roger was surprised we managed to get one on our pitch without his help. Something that could have been pointed out when we first arrived as I would have been most peeved to return from the pub to find I couldn't get the telly going and it was too late to seek assistance in reception.

Altogether a fantastic site in a lovely area and there are so many beautiful places to visit nearby. I actually found the site too quiet - we had a hedge one side, the back of another van the other and someone in a seasonal pitch opposite. She was rarely there and when she was she didn't attempt to interact or say hello. When we are away we like to get chatting and I do like a certain amount of business and usually get to know our 'neighbours' well whilst there. I think seasonal pitches should be kept out of the way and together. If I am away on holiday for a week I want like-minded people around, not people who practically live there and just keep themselves to themselves. For those of you who like privacy it is perfect though and if we had been in a slightly different location on site if might have made all the difference.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bagpuss40 4 reviews from this member

We stayed for 8 nights and loved the site, facilities are kept immaculately clean and the site hedges and greenery are well maintained, with a good dog walk. We had reservations after reading previous reviews regarding the traffic noise, as the main road is quite close but can honestly say it did not affect our stay at all, even though it can be heard the majority of the time. The site is perfectly situated for exploring the beautiful county and visitor attractions. If you turn right out of the site there is a beautifully quaint and quiet village with walks leading off across the local area.

To summarise, if you want to stay on site all day in total peace and quiet, the road noise would probably grate but if like us, it is a base for exploring, it is a perfect retreat and we will definitely be returning in the future.

Previous     71 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Wiltshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Champion 3100 Watt Inverter Petrol Generator Win a Win a One Week Stay at Vauxhall Holiday Park!

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 13 – 18 October
Occupying eleven huge halls of the NEC, it is guaranteed to be an unmissable event. Win tickets!