Visitor Reviews - Plough Lane Caravan Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Wiltshire > Site Reviews

Plough Lane Caravan Site
Kington Langley
Chippenham
Wiltshire   (Browse area)
SN15 5PS   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m 5m  1m   1m  5m

Open: 16th March To 2nd November 2015

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes

Reviews:  65 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Richie63 2 reviews from this member

I have also just returned from a 6 night stay at this campsite and I have to admit I struggled to see how this can be described as part of the 'Tranquil' Group of camp sites.

As already mentioned the noise from the road when the wind is in the right direction can be very intrusive, even if (like us) you are up the top end of the site, which also has it's own charm of being right next to a herd of cows in the next field which is only separated by a fairly sparse hedge.

Now I don't mind the odd Moo or two but I do mind when it's at 5. 30 in the morning!

These also brought with them their own 'special' country aroma.

On the plus points, it is a very well cared for site and the rules are religiously followed.

The welcome folder is a sheer delight, with every sort of information you could possibly want to know including the postcodes for all the local attractions, shops, pubs etc, we took ours with us every time we went out.

The closest Pub is the 'Plough' which we found friendly and welcoming with a good selection of beers (inc ales) and wines and a lovely home cooked range of food, I can personally recommend the Steak and ale pie served with chips and peas.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Grannyjones 6 reviews from this member

I concur with all other reviews - it is a lovely site - the let down is the road noise, we may have been unfortunate I. E the wind blowing from that direction but the road noise was very intrusive and started up early in the morning, going on until late at night. It is unlikely that we will return. It cannot really be described as a tranquil site.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Hmv4u 27 reviews from this member

Booked late for Easter but manged to get in here ok. Priced at £23 a night is a bit more than I like to pay but beggars etc. Found the barrier taken down, which we thought was a bit odd but discovered they were having electric problems so it wouldn't work, this had apparently been going on for a few days and they had tried to let me know(didn't check my messages) in case I wanted to cancel which was nice. Although this meant the first night without electric it was sorted out the following day. Road noise is quite apparent but not massively intrusive. As other people have said lots of nice touch's like free shampoo & shower gel (and a small easter egg), pitchs are hard standing so good pegs for the awning advisable, all in all a good site and the nice weather was a bonus

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Trevick 11 reviews from this member

We have just returned from a 6 night stay at Plough Lane. This was our 2nd visit the 1st in 2007 and vowed to return so we did. The volume of traffic has obviously grown immensely, as this visit the road noise was very intrusive, we could not hold a conversation outside without raising our voices, and this was constant during our stay other than Japfest at Castle Coombe circuit on the Saturday when it was really bad. The site is immaculate as our previous visit, although I feel that for the money £25 for fully serviced the facilities are a bit old hat now, as we do now stay at sites who have private bathrooms for the same pitch fees. The WiFi was good and the little extras i. E. Shower gels etc. We wondered how the site is able to be described as tranquil.

Date of Visit: October 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: BDF001 3 reviews from this member

Not sure I want to post this review in case too many people try to book!

The free goodies in the shower blocks, the umbrellas to use in the shower blocks to get you back to your van dry :-)

Didn't try the pubs but will do next time.

Absolutely fabulous site. Attention to detail is amazing!

Lovely sized pitches which accommodate caravan, awning and car with ease

Can't fault anything!

Well done Helen & Roger!

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Meanie 2 reviews from this member

Warm welcome from Roger and very helpful with directing us to our pitch and helping my husband with reversing our caravan as we are relatively new to this. The site is wonderfully well maintained with beautifully kept gardens, the shower and toilet block are the best we have seen with soaps and body lotions provided and even music is playing while you shower. They have a very informative reception area where you can borrow books or dvd's. On arrival you are given an information pack with details from where to eat, how to get to local shops, bus time tables, walks, what's on and much much more. Being an adult only site makes this such a relaxing peaceful site and I know other reviews have mentioned the road noise but it really isn't noticeable. I'm loving everything about our stay here and will be trying out the local pub food tonight that you even get discount vouchers for. I would definitely recommend this site and will be returning in the very near future. Thank you Roger and Helen for a lovely weekend.

Previous     65 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Wiltshire   -   Search for a site

Win a bundle of VARTA camping essentials worth over £100! Win a Festival Starter Pack, worth over £100!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 20th – 23rd August
The world’s biggest tribute band music festival in East Yorkshire - PLUS exclusive 10% discount on tickets!