Visitor Reviews - Brighthouse Farm

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Suffolk > Site Reviews

Brighthouse Farm
Melford Road
Bury St Edmunds
Lawshall
Suffolk   (Browse area)
IP29 4PX   See Map
Tel: 01284 830385 07711829546
Check Digital TV coverage    See Weather Forecast

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Special Offer available to UKCampsite.co.uk visitors - see here

Pitches: 40 NON REGIMENTED
Open: Jan To Dec

Add this Site to your Virtual BrochureSave to Virtual Brochure

No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   Battery Charging   Gas Refills   Recycling Facilities
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding   Cycle Hire <1 mile   Golf   Tennis
 Beach   Watersports   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport <1 mile

Reviews:  146 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25

Write your own Review to win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Date of Visit: October 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Chris Gardner 1 review from this member

Just had a lovely stay at Brighthouse Farm. Stunning views, very dog friendly which is important to us. Odell was an excellent host who came for a walk with his dog and gave a very interesting tour with some great local history and farm facts. Lots of space on a level site. Lots of hook ups. Very peaceful. Showers and toilets are a bit dated and could use a good clean. The wet rooms have excellent pressure and temperature and the tokens (1 each) last a reasonable amount of time for a shower. When booking I spoke to Dad who perhaps steered me to believe a different price than we paid, but hey ho, it was a lovely site and if we will definitely stay again if we are in the area.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: All weather 1 review from this member

Another lovely stay at brighthouse farm. This time we spent a week. The site is set out well with space for everything, and lots of room for the children to play game's. The toilets and showers are clean and tidy and we never had to queue to use them. There are lovely walks for the families and dogs. We used two of the local pubs and found both of them friendly. The owner was very helpful and friendly and a nice man to have a laugh and chat with. Will be returning in the near future.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Gazza50 5 reviews from this member

What a fab site. First time for us here and we will definitely come again. Fantastic rural setting and stunning views. Different parts set up for different tourers. We were in quiet section but lovely large families section. All facilities good and clean. Dog friendly. Lovely walks in the area that we made the most of. Big town about 30 minutes away and an hour to the seaside.

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Liz and Roy 1 review from this member

Our first visit to Brighthouse Farm was this Easter, for a long weekend. We loved it so much that we returned for a week in June. The site is in a beautiful setting with far-reaching views across the countryside. The pitches are extremely spacious and very well kept. There are wooden picnic tables and benches for outside dining.

The toilets and shower blocks are dated but fully functional. There are individual showers with loo and wash basin plus family showers. Excellent quality soap and toilet rolls made a pleasant change from some of the places we have stayed!

The farm is on a quiet country road with Sudbury, Bury St Edmunds, Long Melford and Lavenham a short drive away.

The Swan pub has a lovely garden area and the food at The Bush is excellent.

If you like to get away from it all, breathe in the fresh air and relax Brighthouse Farm is the destination for you.

A warm welcome awaits you from Odell and his beautiful Weimaraner Spice.

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Fuzzyfreak 29 reviews from this member

I was only here for one night with the camper and I'd picked the hottest day of the year, so saw it in all its glory. I turned up with only fifteen mins to spare for a cab to take me to a nearby village. The owner wasn't around and his lovely mum insisted on showing me the house, so by the time I had found a pitch, my cab was waiting! The pitch was in the corner under a tree and I'd picked the opposite end of the field to three Mums and their seven unruly kids, so as the sun shone on this beautiful site, the birds sung and the Mums shouted as the kids shouted back - bliss.

I got back around midnight to find the kids (who, by the way were no older than six) still up and still being shouted at by the Mums - that said, I slept very well.

I got up early and took myself to the showers, only to find it not working - took me a while to realise that I needed a token, essential information that I had missed with the owner not being around on my arrival. I then had to vacate and clean a shower cubicle I didn't even use!

As an avid, long time and seasoned camper, one of my biggest bugbears is paying for showers - if it is really that expensive, then for goodness sake, just charge an extra quid a night but don't make us campers have to faff around with coins or tokens!

I left via the house, knocked on the door and was this time greeted by Dad, nobody knew where the owner was, so I handed over my money and left.

A funny experience but I will say that I saw a very beautiful camp site located in an incredibly rural and lovely part of England.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Suejod 2 reviews from this member

Just spent two very relaxing weeks on this lovely site, very friendly owner and Spice, his dog. Although busy at weekends we had a quiet spot with a view over the surrounding fields, ideal for walking our dog. The site is central for visiting the coast, Cambridge and many other interesting places within easy reach. A choice of excellent village pubs nearby, no shortage of coffee shops and Long Melford was ideal for shopping - has a brilliant fabric shop. We prefer to stay on farm sites and can only say in response to previous comments. If you want 5 star facilities on site don't use a farm site. And you will certainly have to pay three times more for the privilege. Best wishes to Odell and his family for the future

Previous     146 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review to win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Suffolk   -   Search for a site

Win a Colibri Lux Sleeping Bag and Sim Bundle worth over 270 Win East Anglian Game & Country Fair Camping Weekend Tickets!

UKCS Meet East Anglian Game and Country Fair 28 to 29 April
Thetford. Weekend Camping available. Plus win tickets in our competition ...more