Visitor Reviews - Yellowcraig Caravan Club Site

Yellowcraig Caravan Club Site
Dirleton
North Berwick
Lothian   (Browse area)
EH39 5DS   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m  5m  5m   1m

Open: 28/03/2014 To 03/11/2014

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes

Reviews:  45 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8

Date of Visit: October 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Stu666 4 reviews from this member

Stayed here with my 3 year old son for 2 nights in October out with the school holidays so was pretty quiet.

As with all the Caravan club sites I've been to, the site and facilities were in pristine condition.

Excellent for kids, has a good sized gated play park which we were pitched next to. This was handy as my son could play whilst I set things up.

A 5 minute walk from the site there is a very large kids play area which is well kept, then a further 5 minute walk beyond that there is a very nice dog friendly sandy beach.

North Berwick is charming seaside town full of character and in no way cheap and tacky.

There is a swimming pool in north berwick which is quite cheap but it seems to be more of a sporting pool than a fun pool.

Will definitely go back to this site

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Cassi 5 reviews from this member

This is a great site and although quite large has been arranged in separate areas surrounded by bushes to make it seem smaller. The facilities are top class and only a 10 mins walk to a lovely beach.

The site is quite remote though so take with you your food supplies.

We had a nice walk from the site to Dirlton where the Castle Inn provides good food with a large beer garden for we dog owners.

We will return to this very well run site.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mischka 21 reviews from this member

The best thing about this site is the location. Although you cannot see the sea from the site, it is only a 5 minute walk to a beautiful beach which is mainly sandy with some rock pools.

The showers and loos were modern and clean, we didn't use any of the other facilities.

We cycled a 30 mile circuit from the site to East Linton / Haddington / Longniddry which was on quiet roads and cycle paths and was mainly level.

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Calinyx 17 reviews from this member

A return visit to this site that turned out to be shorter for me than I would have hoped.

Nothing to do with the site, I hasten to add. Having arrived on the Saturday, I ended up in hospital from the Monday-Saturday night having had to speak to the wardens first. My husband and son continued their stay, visiting me every day. At one point we thought I'd have to undergo an emergency op. At all times the wardens were fantastic with my husband and said that if they had to stay on they'd accommodate them some how. This was a huge relief to me as we were 4 hours from home. As it was the hospital got me stable enough to return home for my op.

Thank you to the wardens at the site for all their help. We will once again return to this beautiful place.

[oh and Edinburgh Royal Infirmary is a brilliant hospital if you are unfortunate enough to end up there!]

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: PollyPeacock 3 reviews from this member

I booked this site because I wanted to visit the surrounding coastal area. The reviews on here were great, which was why I chose this site, however, I don't think the site was all that marvellous. I mean, it was OKAY, but nothing brilliant. It had friendly enough staff on reception and an adequate, large toilet block and a good enough kids' play area, but the site was not very pretty in itself. We were pitched next to a farmer's field.

What the other reviewers are actually raving about is that next to the site entrance (not very clearly marked which is which!) is a public car park (with a much nicer and more modern toilet block!) and which belongs to East Lothian Council. Next to this car park are beautiful woodlands. Set in the woods is a huge, fantastic children's play area and the woods lead out to the John Muir walk way which is a country walk parallel to the coast. And of course there is the coast itself, with a lovely sandy beach and many interesting rockpools when the tide is out. Even though it wasn't that warm and sunny and we had a bit of drizzly rain, my 5 year old son happily spent hours on the beach.

The site is also near East Links farm park and there's a swimming pool at nearby Gullane.

The other caravanners were friendly towards children and dogs, which was good. The children played around the site but all was quiet by about half past 9 at night, making for a peaceful sleep.

I think this site would be far too busy for me at peak times though - I went this weekend (mid May weekend) and it was quite busy even then.

I would definitely return to the area again, but perhaps to a different site next time.

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: ChrisnBob 6 reviews from this member

We love this area. Yellowcraig bay with it's soft sand and the views to Fidra Island is stunningly beautiful and, as others have said, ideal for children and dogs. The site is as we have come to expect from the Caravan Club and the wardens helpful and friendly (although I truly still don't understand the logic behind not allowing a members' restaurant/cafe recommendation book). If you love nature and, even more, if you love golf, you are going to love this region. If the land isn't built on or being farmed then someone is playing golf on it!

Dirleton castle is definitely worth a visit.

North Berwick is a lovely, friendly town with a great beach. Drive from Dirleton in the other direction and you will find Gullane (we recommend Ramseys butchers)home of Muirfield Golf Club. In fact the whole coastal route is delightful.

If you want a good quality lunch then we recommend Merryhatton garden centre which you will find on the way to the Museum of Flight.

We will definitely visit again.

Previous     45 Review in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Lothian   -   Search for a site

Win a Clarke IG22000 2.2kW Generator worth 467.98! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough
Exciting family entertainment, and you can make a full long weekend of them, by camping on site!Plus win tickets!