Visitor Reviews - Camusdarach Campsite

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Scotland > Inverness-Shire > Site Reviews

Camusdarach Campsite
Camusdarach
Arisaig
Inverness-Shire   (Browse area)
PH39 4NT   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m 5m  1m   5m

Open: Mar 15 - Oct 15

Reviews:  47 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Lavjan 6 reviews from this member

Camusdarach Campsite is situated in an amazing area, with access to the most wonderful beaches, soft white sand and beautiful views over to the Islands of Rum and Egg.

I had a large pitch for van and awning and plenty of room to sit outside.

Clean washing area. Showers too small and no shelf for my glasses, ended up using the vans shower. Only one water tap for 2 camping fields. Would be very easy to spur off to provide another.

The owners have only been there for 2 years and I feel they are still learning. They are very helpful. However I do think the site needs a little TLC, otherwise it will run out of control.

Very relaxed, which is great, however it felt there were no rules eg, open fires direct on the grass, dogs off leads.

I loved the area and the site has potential with care.

A little too pricey at present.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Speaker12 4 reviews from this member

I stayed here for five nights, arriving on a Monday. A friendly welcome from the staff on arrival and I could choose where I wanted to pitch as there was only one other tent in the field (it didn't get busier until Friday night).

A short walk from the site takes you onto 'Ben's beach', quite possibly one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to.

Toilet facilities were spotless. There are two showers which were seemingly designed by wee Jimmie Crankie but other than that they were fine.

The site reception sells bacon rolls/coffee etc and was open all day from 7. 30am.

Less than an hour away is Fort William and between there and Mallaig you've got plenty of gorgeous scenery such as the hills around Glenfinnan viaduct or the beaches at Arisaig / Morar. There are shops in Mallaig for food etc and I can recommend fish and chips from 'The Cabin' takeaway.

The only real negative comment is the price. It was 20 a night (one person, 3-4 man tent) which is a lot more than I paid when I visited the site in 2009. I may look at some of the other sites near Arisaig if I visit again.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jackadoo 5 reviews from this member

Drove by this site in early May 2013 and liked what I saw so managed a return visit with the 'van' for 3 nights in September. Not as good views as the nearby sites but I figured it would be a lot more sheltered if the weather turned 'iffy'. Needless to say the weather was great. Close to Mallaig so getting supplies (more beer) isn't a problem. The views and beaches are stunning and it's well worth the trip to spend some time in the area.

As mentioned in other reviews, the shower cubicles are very small and difficult to move around in. The facilities are clean though.

I'll be back in the area again in 2014 and may try the neighbouring sites for comparison but all in all I liked the place and would go back.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Glynemrys 5 reviews from this member

This site gets good reviews and I can see why. That said, I thought it was dear compared to the CC clubs in the area, which offered us better facilities for 5. 50 per night less! (Motorhome with just one occupant)

The site is well kept, and the staff are friendly. The site itself does not offer stunning views, but a short walk to the beach was very rewarding.

The washroom facilities not best ever, but clean. The shower rooms (2 of them) are the smallest I have ever used, and I would imagine that they get very busy in summer.

Overall, a nice site with good access. Would recommend it to all if they were to revise their price structure.

Reviewer: Angef 27 reviews from this member

Rang the site on the off-chance we could stay but were told it was full, as we were heading that way anyway, we called in and asked (the sign said full) and were pleasantly surprised to be told there was a pitch available with electric. We were on pitch 5 which was very close to the toilet block and spacious and relatively flat. Was very little noise after 11pm.

This is a lovely site, my only complaint is there are only 2 showers and they are tiny, barely enough room to dress without getting your clothes wet, and 3 toilets. The non-electric field was full so I left having a shower until the evening with no problems but could do with a few more loo's. The toilets and showers were immaculately clean, the owners are very friendly and helpful and were out cleaning and re-stocking loo rolls etc at 11pm at night ready for a busy morning the next day.

The location is excellent and the beaches are stunning, of all the sites to pick in this area, I would highly recommend this one and will definitely return.

Date of Visit: March 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Babygoo 6 reviews from this member

Lovely site, easy access, well drained and level. Path straight down to a gorgeous white sand beach. Toilet and shower block spotlessly clean and showers were hot, free with good pressure. The new eco friendly owners were nice folk and have great plans for the site. The Easter bunny left a chocolate egg on our doorstep, how fab is that?!

Peaceful when we were there and with a clear sky the stargazing was truly AWESOME.

I'm sure we'll return

Previous     47 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Inverness-Shire   -   Search for a site

Win a Vehicle and Personal GPS Tracker from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 14/10 to 19/10 NEC Birmingham
Back at the NEC Birmingham this autumn - we have 20 pairs of tickets up for grabs