Visitor Reviews - Macdonalds Bught Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Scotland > Inverness-Shire > Site Reviews

Macdonalds Bught Caravan Park
Bught Lane
Inverness
Inverness-Shire   (Browse area)
IV3 5SR   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m   5m  1m  5m  1m   1m

Pitches: 60 Caravan, 79 Tent

Reviews:  33 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Mark Dunn 3 reviews from this member

We love Inverness and this place is part of the reason. Welcoming, convenient and well tended. We noticed no unusual traffic so the 'problem' has evidently been dealt with.

Don't be put off- easy to find and a twenty-minute cycle from town through pleasant parks by the Ness.

If we ever find ourselves six hundred miles from London again we'll be back.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Images4 1 review from this member

I stayed 2 nights to take part in the Loch Ness Marathon, so for me it was ideal. It's close to the town and has good unmetered showers. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Obviously the site is in a town so it is a bit noisy with cooling fans from the ice rink, but I just got used to it. No signs of washing or vans etc. I was very pleased that I stayed there and would again. Basic, but good and clean and well managed.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Supersmose 1 review from this member

Mostly I agree with other reviews. The location of the site is fab if you want a nice walk into Inverness (which is a lovely town) however it is in a rather seedy looking areas of town and there doesn't seem many places to eat nearby.

The site itself was tidy and well kept but there were a lot of what appeared to be long stay vans with their washing hung all round and what could only be described as patios set up. On the whole this wasn't an issue until the evening when lots of vehicles seem to be driving around quite fast dropping people off. The same happened in the morning with associated horn blowing!

The toilets were very clean as far as I could see but they are rather old and dimly lit. I chose not to use the showers as I have mobility issues and there was no adapted facility that I could find and no seats provided in the others. My hubby did however and said they were very good.

The owners were very pleasant and helpful in my dealings with them.

The worst thing however has to be the very loud fans on the swimming/ice complex which went on all night. Thankfully I had recently been to a festival and had some earplugs! I don't think I have ever had to sleep with earplugs before even at festivals!

We only stayed one day and that was enough. All in all I would return but for no more than one night and probably not in bad weather as the site is all grass. I also thought it was quite expensive 22 a night (which did include 2 extra per night per dog) but when you can go to a caravan club site just up the road for less I would definitely choose that for longer.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Vannet 3 reviews from this member

Site next to main road, next to aqua centre and ice rink loud music from aqua centre. Noisy fans running all night. The site is just a field with toilet blocks with high perimeter fence around the site does not make it feel very welcoming. They give you codes for the toilets, but doors are open all night. Toilet block is cold floor in toilets wet. Metal toilets. , not the cleanest. Was booked in for 4nights 80. Stayed for 2 nights. Lots of rules on this site, but rules are broken washing hanging out, big red gas bottles everywhere, trade vehicles on site. 2 nights was all l could manage will not be going back.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: MJG67 1 review from this member

This was our first visit to Bught Park with motorhome. After reading previous reviews we were not too sure. But I can honestly say we had absolutely NO complaints ! The guy on booking in was very pleasant and helpful. The site was tidy, toilets and showers very clean and plenty showers and hot water. I would like to see a few hard standing pitches even if just done in gravel as if the weather is wet the grass can be a problem. Only ten minutes walk in to town was a bonus. We will definitely return to Bught Park !

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Happy Camper1971 1 review from this member

Excellent town campsite. I agree with the other comments about it not being an idyllic location or very quiet - but, hey, it's in the city!

Toilet/shower blocks are in need of upgrade but were very clean and loads of water pressure in showers.

The grass pitch got pretty wet and boggy, but there was torrential rain the whole time we were there and when I asked the cahp if he could do anything about the weather, he said 'I could make it rain some more!'

The ground is pretty stony for getting tent pegs in, so bring a good hammer.

A great base for touring Inverness and area - 10/10. 16 per night for 2 of us in a 3 person tent and our car parked next to the tent. Loads of space.

Previous     33 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Inverness-Shire   -   Search for a site

Win a Vehicle and Personal GPS Tracker from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 14/10 to 19/10 NEC Birmingham
Back at the NEC Birmingham this autumn - we have 20 pairs of tickets up for grabs