Visitor Reviews - Riverside Caravan Park

Ynsforgan Farm
Morriston
Swansea
Glamorgan   (Browse area)
SA6 6QL   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  30 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Date of Visit: April 2012 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Lyndasnoek 1 review from this member

This campsite, touring and static caravans is the cheapest you can find in Swansea, Gower, and Trecco Bay, They have upgraded site, more children's entertainment, which tents and tourers do not have to pay extra for, as its all included in the site fees. Bingo and cabaret every Friday, Sat and Sunday afternoon. What more do you expect for the price you PAY. Come on give Riverside more good reviews!

Reviewer: Meosian1 1 review from this member

Well this was our fourth visit this year(I have been to Riverside on and off for 10 years) and all I can say is that the staff and facilities are great. Our tent is large and the pitches are big enough apart from maybe 3 on site and we have always been able to choose where we are. The site can get noisy but in all fairness security sorts out the problem and many troublemakers are not rebooked and I feel that this is as much as the management can do. Its a great site sadly not all visitors care about others, that happens everywhere. Entertainment is excellent for all age groups and dogs are welcome and there is plenty of places to walk them safely. I have seen earlier comments that mentioned the bad language used in the clubhouse and on site well that again I have heard from 'locals' but also from visitors from all over, again that is something that unfortunately cannot be stopped the management cannot control what visitors do, to lose the freedom you get at Riverside is not worth what it would take to remove every complaint. We will definitely be returning. Three cheers for Riverside!

Reviewer: SappyCamper 3 reviews from this member

Not great & left before setting up the tent.

The Site is very busy, around the reception kids play area, toilets and pool etc & we were due to meet up with others.

The real issue is the tent site is 10-12 minute walk away in a huge field right under the motorway so you do get traffic noise, although location is great as immediately off the motorway.

There is no toilets so a hell of a walk or as witnessed on several occasion's just go in the bushes!

Not ideal for little kids so we left.

Date of Visit: February 2013 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Toptip 1 review from this member

We have been using riverside caravan park for the last 7 years and love coming back each year

We visited the club house last weekend and it has been refurbished and looks great. And as for some of comments made about the entrance to the park we have spoken to the owner and is addressing the situation as for noise after 1am we can confirm it has happened in the past and all we had to do was contact security and it was dealt with. I don't know why people moan as its a holiday park where you can let your hair down

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mickeyb 17 reviews from this member

Riverside is not for the faint hearted, it's boisterous and noisy but a wonderfully friendly site. Upon entry it gives the impression of rather untidy traveller's camp with the conglomeration of permanently sited tourers and seasonal vans.

Pitches are of reasonable size, level, flat and the grass kept cut. As it's name implies, the situation is on the banks of the river Tawe and is therefore very low lying and can get pretty soggy with the traditional Welsh weather. Since our last visit a couple of years ago, a lot of improvements have been carried out. New drainage pipes have been laid throughout the touring field. New drainage at the water points, new ehu points and the Elsan tips refurbished. Toilets and showers all seemed clean and in good order. Lovely children's playground, also recently rebuilt. Basic shop, fish & chips on site, a games room and swimming pool. The club house has it all with a good bar and entertainment if that is your scene. All the major supermarkets within 5. Mins by car and a first class camping shop.

Our main reason for staying at Riverside' is the superb location. The entrance is situated on the roundabout of J45 of the M4 and is within minutes of the vibrant city of Swansea, a few more minutes to the Gower or the Brecon Beacons. We don't frequent the club very often or use the site facilities but everything is there to make a great site for families. We usually book out of season when things are not so manic. Always enjoyed our stays over quite a number of years and will continue to stay and look forward to the next time.

Date of Visit: August 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Dailydealsforum 1 review from this member

I have just read all the reviews on this campsite and I am quite shocked.

I have returned to Riverside for many years and I love the place, it is the best value site considering how many facilities it has.

The adventure playground has been revamped and was excellent.

I noticed last year that the dancefloor has had a revamp which was all lights in squares under the floor which the kids loved.

The chippy was worse this year than in previous years, can be a long wait and the staff were slow which got on my nerves a bit lol, they need to have more food readily available. That said, it's dead handy and affordable.

The pool is great, I wouldn't let the kids go alone due to the 'lifeguards' being teenagers who spend the time looking bored, texting and chatting. But that doesn't bother me as I feel every parent should watch their own kids anyway.

The night time entertainment suited me, bingo followed by a disco then a band or singer. I usually left then as they are very loud and not really my cup of tea. The kids have to be quiet through bingo which some people did not respect.

There are a lot of teenagers walking around at night but my 15 year old soon made friends and was among them, they never bothered me or anyone I had spoken to.

There was noise at night but I can sleep though anything and it never woke any of my children up nor did it bother me, it was nice to hear people having fun.

I was surprised at how nice the toilet and shower block was and the guy who cleans them is lovely, he works really hard and never seems to stop. I found them always acceptable.

The shop is basic but handy as it stocks bread, milk, lollys, first aid stuff etc but for a 5 minute drive you have asda, morrisons and a tescos.

The games room is a bit dingy and out of the way, mainly occupied by kids as you would imagine but still my kids loved it.

It is also located about a 10 minute drive from the train station which was handy for our friends who don't drive, they were able to join us.

Also my hubby loves the fishing lake.

Previous     30 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Glamorgan   -   Search for a site

Win a Wisport SilverFox 30L Rucksack Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Tribfest Music Festival 14/08 to 17/08 East Yorkshire
An affordable, fantastic weekend away listening to some great live Top tribute bands. Claim discounted entry!!