Visitor Reviews - Rose Farm Camp Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Channel Islands > Channel Islands > Site Reviews

Rose Farm Camp Site
St Brelade
Jersey
Channel Islands   (Browse area)
                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel:

Open: Site Now Closed

Units accepted:   No Tents  No Caravans  No Motorhomes

Reviews:  10 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: September 2010 Unit:  Other
Reviewer: Webmaster

Please note Rose Farm has now closed, and at the time of writing there are no plans to reopen.

Date of Visit: June 2009 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Mirabulum 1 review from this member

I thought toilet, washing and shower facilities were adequate, for the number of people on site. The site was busy. Showers had a very strong jet. Shower heads were fixed. If you are small, the water goes over your head. Don't have a shower, if you don't intend to wash your hair! It was only through reading reviews, I became aware hot water was not available continuously. As I didn't stay in bed late, I never experienced any problems.

The facilities were in reasonable order. Good laundry room with washing machines. It has to be said, often it was users who left areas dirty and untidy, especially shower block.

The campsite did provide hook up facilities for caravans and campers. There were plenty using site when we were there. Good space allocation for everyone.

The staff were pleasant, visible, and available. Mostly English speaking. There were no communication problems experienced.

There is a pleasant play area with swings etc, large grassed areas are cut on a regular basis. Although we didn't use the pool, it was certainly a favourite with the youngsters, as the weather was very nice during our stay. Parents lounged around the pool and watch their offspring. The pool was in good order, and appeared to be the first job of the day for staff.

We read reviews for site before booking. We were more interested in location. I didn't feel the site was shabby, but comments did leave me wondering, what some people expected. I would understand if you intended to spend your holiday on the site alone, but, it was well located for the lovely beaches.

There is an excellent transport system. We didn't have a car, but it was still possible to access most places you'd want to go. Shops could be walked to, or for the people who dislike the thought of walking, any where, the no. 15 bus took you to the nearest shopping centre (Redhouse). There is also a local shop close to Rose Farm, who sold basics, but a little more expensive.

Milk could be obtained on site, along with a limited range of essentials to tide you over. There was a bar, television and games room. I didn't use them, so am unable to comment.

Getting from the airport, to camp was so easy. The number 15 bus, went right to the lane where the campsite was. The fare was 1.

As we walked ,all you could smell was honeysuckle.

Going home, it was equally easy to get bus, directly to airport, which was less than ten minutes away. Again the no.15 bus did the honours.

Plenty of places to visit. Bus routes well thought out. Lots of information in reception, and the bus time tables a must. They tell you all the places to go, route and number bus to go on, excellent.

As a person who has camped since childhood, and now in my 60's, I considered the site was good. It met our needs well. The food from the bar, was simple fare, good value, I had breakfast twice , and it was excellent. Bacon egg, sausage, and a rack of toast 2.80. For the bigger appetite, there were two other options available, with as much tea as you wanted. Service was a little slow, but that was because they were very busy some mornings. Perhaps more staff are needed during breakfast rush.

Our tent was already erected, when we arrived, with facilities set up. Plenty of taps around campsite for water. Ours was so close we never used container supplied, and acquired as needed. No problems what so ever. It was OK. We were in a tent, and not a hotel.

I will go back to Rose Farm in the future, and shall recommend to family and friends. I'm not a person easily pleased, so when I praise, I genuinely mean it.

St Brelades is lovely, as was St Aubin and St Helier, fantastic beaches and views. I would have loved to hire a fun bike, which were available at different points and I think there was bike hire in camp also. I did go on the small train from St Aubin to St Helier. 7 return, and it was very enjoyable.

Next time I'll walk it, or get a bike, which was what a lot of people were doing, even with young children.

Plenty choice of places to eat and drink. The variety of establishments is wide. Something to suite every one, regardless of age.

I will visit Jersey and Rose Farm again. One visit just isn't enough.

We travelled from Liverpool Airport. The flying time was less than 90 minutes. Cant get much better than that.

Date of Visit: August 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Daf187 1 review from this member

The site was ok, but expensive.Free showers etc, but hot water was limited to a morning and an evening period, not a huge issue but not great if you fancy a proper lazy lie-in!

Staff were cordial, and facilities were wiped over daily, but I wouldn't say sparkling.

There were a number of long-term campers on site (ie over 3 months) which made the atmosphere different to your average touring site.

The reception/bar sells basic foodstuffs and bread, but alas no campinggaz for smaller stoves. Shops about 20 mins walk away (checkers, M+S, co-op) etc and a short walk to the lovely St Srelade bay.

So, an ok site, if it was ~5pppn a night then I'd have absolutely no concerns, as it was considerably more than that I'm afraid I want a bit more sparkle for my cash.

Date of Visit: August 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Beebeebee 2 reviews from this member

Site has great potential but is quite disappointing. In a nice area close to St Brelades beach. Beach (and a rather expensive lttle shop) within 15 mins walking distance. Staff manned by foreign students, some with no english at all and a very casual attitude to their job. Served under aged teens in the bar, and even sold matches to small children! Ready erected tents large but shabby - lots of minor repairs needed etc. Kids liked the games room and pool but in spite of there being a row of computers in the TV room for internet access, only one was working all week.

Shower, toilet blocks leave a lot to be desired, graffiti, broken toilets, dysfunctional taps, poor lighting etc.The public toilets all over Jersey are far superior. The hot water is turned off at 10.00am and stays off until 4.40pm - VERY inconvenient.

Site could be much better with a facelift and some supervision. Jersey is a great place to holiday.

Date of Visit: September 2007 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: AnnetteB 2 reviews from this member

Have just got back from Rose Farm, I must say I picked it because I had stopped there 30 yrs ago and wanted a nostalgic visit, I wasn't disappointed, it was near enough the same as I remembered it!, quites shabby and needed a good scrub up, the site is run or looked after byPolish workersand where they are helpful there is sometimes a language barrier.

The toilet block left a lot to be desired, out of 5 toilets one was working correctly, and the others were lockedthe other toilet that you could use was dangerous, when you flushed it, all the water came out the back and chased you out of the toilet!.

The showers were warm and ok, but were quite dirty and I feel theyneeded replacing, the pool looked quite nice and the bar was ok, but it was always empty and shut at 10 p.M, the washing up facilites were clean and fine, you can hire bikes for 10 a day, there is a small shop nearby but you are better off going to the co-op around a mile and a half down the road

Date of Visit: August 2007 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Johnbirch 1 review from this member

An excellent campsite, well located, and with good facilities.

We visited Rose Farm over the August Bank Holiday weekend (Thursday to Tuesday). The site is just outside St Aubin - and if there is one criticism it would be that the entrance is easy to miss. The site is at the bottom of Rue de la Pigionnaire, a small road between houses that is very easy to miss - especially if approaching from the north (ie from the airport). From the south (ie. The ferry) there is a small sign, but half hidden by a hedge.

The site itself is quite big, once you find it. Partially carved into a hillside it is made up of several small fields, in some of which the tent pitches have been levelled and cut the hillside like a series of small steps. I suspect the drainage must be pretty good, but as we have never seen any rain in two visits to Jersey its rather difficult to judge.

The pitches are small, but adequate - though might bee a squeeze for larger tents. However the site charges based on the size of tent (not the number of people - which in most circumstances make sit cheaper than the other island sites) so larger tents would presumably take over more than one adjoining pitch.

The on-site facilities are well maintained and clean. The bar and tea room is welcoming - and even advertises itself locally a a destination in its own right. There is a small pool, TV lounge, games room, and cycle hire facility.

At the top of the lane there is also bus stop linking in with the islands excellent public transport service, and a good nearby shop that is open long hours. The beaches at St Aubin and St Brelade are less than a mile away, while St Helier and the surfing beach at St Ouen less than 15 minutes drive.

In short it was a site difficult to fault - and one we will be using again.

Previous     10 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Channel Islands   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet NEC Motorhome and Caravan Show 17th to 22nd October
See all the new-for 2018 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans plus 1000s of accessories ...more