Visitor Reviews - Blair Castle Caravan And Camping Site

Blair Castle Caravan And Camping Site
Blair Castle
Blair Atholl
Perthshire   (Browse area)
PH18 5SR   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m 10m  5m  1m   1m  1m  1m

Open: Beg March - End November

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  104 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Walters-world 12 reviews from this member

We arrived here late in the day on the off chance they had a pitch available. The system for late arrivals is very good - there is a holder at the door of reception showing what pitches are available that night. Different size pitches are available depending on the size of your unit and they are priced accordingly. This was one of the most expensive sites we have ever stayed on (I suppose it is a 5 star site).

The surroundings of the park are lovely (the website does not do it justice) and we would have liked to be able to choose a different pitch to the one we were on (there were other vacant pitches), but we followed the rules and pitched on one shown as available according to the instructions left at the reception door.

We didn't take advantage of any of the other site facilities as we were only there one night. The shower block nearest us seemed a bit dated for a 5 star site but were clean and the showers were ok. We would stay there again despite the price if we were ever in the area.

Shopping at the nearby House of Bruar complex is an experience!

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sandyp50 5 reviews from this member

We are just back from a 2 night stay at Blair Castle. This is a much bigger site than we would normally go to but the surrounding area is fantastic for exploring and walking.

The site did have a nice atmosphere with everyone enjoying their holidays

We took the train to Pitlochry and back just for something different.

We have EE phones and got good 3g on site.

However all is not well with this site the touring fees are horrendous compared to other sites we have stayed at. Another slight issue we had was the length of the time the shower stayed on for I counted 15 sec between button presses and is not near long enough.

All in all at £52 for 2 nights on a touring pitch I don't know if we'll be back.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Daizee554 8 reviews from this member

Great Caravan Site.

We had a fully serviced pitch with plenty of room for a large awning & car.

Play area is nice & clean & my children loved the football pitch.

Good wifi in reception, also nice games room.

Got a £2 reduction into Blair Castle which the kids & myself visited.

Laundrette was nice & big, but found paying £3 for a half hour cycle that didn't clean my clothes was a bit disappointing also shuts at 5pm which I find is a little early.

Showers are far to HOT my children could not wash, I also had difficulty standing under what felt like burning hot lava. ( THIS NEEDS MAJOR ATTENTION ) before someone gets burnt.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Smitgla 6 reviews from this member

Stayed here for just one night. Large campsite with a kids playground in the centre. Games room, shop and library in the main building. Free wifi for 2 hours from inside this building. We had a fully serviced pitch which provided hook up and water right next to the motorhome. Great walks around the estate- and a discount voucher given on arrival for Blair castle if needed. Showers were hot although you had to push the button all the time and the shower stopped everytime before starting again - which was annoying. Great that they were hot, however too hot for me to shower the kids.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Yappieannie 11 reviews from this member

We stayed here for 2 nights in September and loved the site, a bit bigger than our normal site but coming into September the site was quiet and we did not find the size of the site an issue.

We were allocated a pitch on arrival which was nice and flat and not to far from the toilet block. The toilets were clean with plenty of hot water.

The views from the tent were amazing, plenty of walking options from the site.

Would come back again.

Reviewer: OneHorsePower 4 reviews from this member

This is my second year camping for the Blair Castle Horse Trials.

Both times I have been over in the rally park (across the castle drive) and find the tent pitches flat, huge and very quiet. You are allocated a set pitch number on arrival.

Reception staff were friendly and welcoming and give you all the information you could need. You have access to free wifi in reception which was great for a quick check of e-mails ect.

Numerous toilet blocks - and despite the site being extremely busy with the horse trials - I never had an issue getting a shower. Blocks were always clean.

From the rally park - you do need a torch in the dark!

Fantastic walks direct from the site - a variety of way marked walks of varying lengths to follow - fantastic for the dog. Next year - will try and explore a bit more of Glen Tilt.

I do enjoy staying at this site and will continue to return to come up for the horse trials but I do find this site to rather on the expensive side especially as they do not accommodate single supplements so effectively I pay for 2 adults despite there only being me and the dog. I think they could offer a price for solo campers which would make it more cost effective.

Over-all a busy and popular site with nice facilities and I will return year after year even if it is on the pricey side.

Previous     104 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Perthshire   -   Search for a site

Win a bundle of VARTA camping essentials worth over £100! Win a Festival Starter Pack, worth over £100!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 20th – 23rd August
The world’s biggest tribute band music festival in East Yorkshire - PLUS exclusive 10% discount on tickets!