Visitor Reviews - Riverside Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North West > Lancashire > Site Reviews

Riverside Caravan Park
Check Digital TV coverage    See Weather Forecast

Open: March To January

Add this Site to your Virtual BrochureSave to Virtual Brochure

No Tents   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   No Glamping Units
 No Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   Battery Charging   Gas Refills   Recycling Facilities
 Kitchen Facilities   Freezer Available    Motorhome Point   Fully Serviced Pitches
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing On Site   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   Cycle Hire <5 miles   Golf <1 mile   Tennis <1 mile
 Beach   Watersports   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport <1 mile

Reviews:  102 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17

Write your own Review to win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Date of Visit: March 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: LesleyandPeter 35 reviews from this member

This site is wonderful.

Facilities are amongst the best we have experienced, and are immaculate.

The whole site is very well maintained, quiet and relaxing.

We had booked on a grass pitch and advised it would be okay despite the wet weather, we had to be towed off within minuets of trying to pitch our van, it added to the fun of touring, first time for everything, although I expect the grounds men weren't very happy at the repairs needed to the grass.

The surrounding area offers lots of interesting places to visit for all ages and interest.

Dog owners won't be short of places to walk, and eat out. With lots of nearby villages, including Bentham, offering dog friendly pubs. ( we didn't sample any so unable to recommend)

Malham Cove is very pretty and worth a visit. Ingleton falls and Ingleborough cave are just a ten minuet drive away, we wern't unable to do the Ingleton falls walk as it was snowing and blowing a gale, a great reason to return.

The bakery in Bentham is very good, their savoury and fruit pies were delicious.

This area is close to so many other beautiful places we shall no doubt return.

Date of Visit: September 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: TheParkers 5 reviews from this member

Beautiful site with excellent facilities and a really nice location. Although a winding road to access off the M6 Motorway and a tight access into and out of small town/ village it is

Well worth the slight inconvenience.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Valvelifter 6 reviews from this member

This is without exception, the cleanest, most well cared for and pleasant site we have ever stayed on. The pitches are level and well spaced. The showers and toilets are immaculately clean, warm and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. The site is less than a mile from the village centre. There is a well equipped playground and a dog exercise field. I would have rated this site higher but the pubs and restaurants in the village were rather disappointing. We will stay here again but will come prepared for self catering next time as we only found one pub worth revisiting.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Raysmiffy 9 reviews from this member

This site has a 5 star AA rating amongst it's many awards, and it is easy to see why.

Has to be one of the best toilet blocks I have ever used in 30 years of touring.

This huge site is very well looked after with attention to detail that a lot of other sites should take lessons from.

Not too expensive too, and to think we stumbled on this site by accident. A lucky find!

Bentham (Low and High) is an easy walk away, with good dog friendly pubs.

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Coral67 12 reviews from this member

We stayed here over the Eater Holidays and as it was also my 50th Birthday. We had never been before and as it was my birthday we hoped it would be a lovely site, I need not of worried from the minute we drove up the drive way to the site I knew it was going to be a great holiday and it was.

The pitches are large and we had a fully serviced one which was great, they also have statics so makes it a large site but to be honest it didn't feel that big once we were there, It was very quiet and tranquil, our pitch was not far from the reception, (small shop in reception) toilet block, games room, Library, Launderette and play park. The receptionists were lovely and very welcoming although it didn't say on the website about 10. 00 for a key fob for the toilet block, but that wasn't a big deal and you get it back when you leave, the toilets were immaculate, and plenty of hot water, you run your hand over a sensor and it comes on for 5 mins so no having to keep pushing a button, there is also a family bathroom if your children prefer a bath and I think it was 1. 00 for hot water for that but we didn't use it, Disabled toilet was great as I am in a wheelchair and had no problems.

The Play area and Games room got my children's approval age 14 and 10 and games room is great for rainy days most items were 50p so not too expensive.

There is fishing on site which my children also enjoyed, (rod licence is needed) It was 3. 50 per day or 10. 00 for a week to fish in the river, the pond is more expensive but we didn't go there.

There are lovely walks along the river and a few pubs near by if you fancy a stroll.

All in all yes I will be going again very soon we loved it, and the children didn't want to come home.

If I had one little niggle it would be only one of the rules about NO segways /hoverboards but Non electric scooters and bikes are ok and they go faster than my children's hoverboards do, there does seem a lot of rules but I guess they are there for a reason and you can see the rules before you book, but as I say it was only a little niggle and they coped without there segways lol.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Sharn 46 4 reviews from this member

We stayed at the site over the Bank Holiday weekend - first impressions were great. Friendly welcome by Thonas the manager. Gave us lots of useful information about the local area and what was going on. Pitches were spacious and level. Site facilities were immaculate - showers & toilets very clean and well maintained, operated with a key fob. Great play park for children which was away from the main site so children could make a lot of noise which did not disrupt others. Play park locked at 9pm which I felt was great as my children would have wanted to be there all night! Lovely fishing lake and great riverside walk into Bentham where there were pubs & shops etc. Family games room which is great for wet weather. I read reviews prior to staying here and was a little apprehensive about the comments about rules & regulations which were mentioned. I needn't have been - this is not the place for a rave up but we sat outside in the evening having a quiet drink with friends and there were no problems. The rules keep this site enjoyable for everybody and didn't stop us from having a lovely weekend. I feel that first impressions are usually an indication of how the site might be and in this instance they were - I would recommend this site and would visit again ( even without the children!)

Previous     102 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review to win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Lancashire   -   Search for a site

Win a Colibri Lux Sleeping Bag and Sim Bundle worth over 270 Win East Anglian Game & Country Fair Camping Weekend Tickets!

UKCS Meet East Anglian Game and Country Fair 28 to 29 April
Thetford. Weekend Camping available. Plus win tickets in our competition ...more