Visitor Reviews - Riverside Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North West > Lancashire > Site Reviews

Riverside Caravan Park
High Bentham
Lancaster
Lancashire   (Browse area)
LA2 7FJ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m 1m  1m   5m  1m  5m

Open: March To January

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  100 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17

Write your own Review for a chance to Win £300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin £200 Walkers Camping Kit and Tent AND £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Valvelifter 6 reviews from this member

This is without exception, the cleanest, most well cared for and pleasant site we have ever stayed on. The pitches are level and well spaced. The showers and toilets are immaculately clean, warm and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. The site is less than a mile from the village centre. There is a well equipped playground and a dog exercise field. I would have rated this site higher but the pubs and restaurants in the village were rather disappointing. We will stay here again but will come prepared for self catering next time as we only found one pub worth revisiting.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Raysmiffy 9 reviews from this member

This site has a 5 star AA rating amongst it's many awards, and it is easy to see why.

Has to be one of the best toilet blocks I have ever used in 30 years of touring.

This huge site is very well looked after with attention to detail that a lot of other sites should take lessons from.

Not too expensive too, and to think we stumbled on this site by accident. A lucky find!

Bentham (Low and High) is an easy walk away, with good dog friendly pubs.

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Coral67 12 reviews from this member

We stayed here over the Eater Holidays and as it was also my 50th Birthday. We had never been before and as it was my birthday we hoped it would be a lovely site, I need not of worried from the minute we drove up the drive way to the site I knew it was going to be a great holiday and it was.

The pitches are large and we had a fully serviced one which was great, they also have statics so makes it a large site but to be honest it didn't feel that big once we were there, It was very quiet and tranquil, our pitch was not far from the reception, (small shop in reception) toilet block, games room, Library, Launderette and play park. The receptionists were lovely and very welcoming although it didn't say on the website about £10. 00 for a key fob for the toilet block, but that wasn't a big deal and you get it back when you leave, the toilets were immaculate, and plenty of hot water, you run your hand over a sensor and it comes on for 5 mins so no having to keep pushing a button, there is also a family bathroom if your children prefer a bath and I think it was £1. 00 for hot water for that but we didn't use it, Disabled toilet was great as I am in a wheelchair and had no problems.

The Play area and Games room got my children's approval age 14 and 10 and games room is great for rainy days most items were 50p so not too expensive.

There is fishing on site which my children also enjoyed, (rod licence is needed) It was 3. 50 per day or £10. 00 for a week to fish in the river, the pond is more expensive but we didn't go there.

There are lovely walks along the river and a few pubs near by if you fancy a stroll.

All in all yes I will be going again very soon we loved it, and the children didn't want to come home.

If I had one little niggle it would be only one of the rules about NO segways /hoverboards but Non electric scooters and bikes are ok and they go faster than my children's hoverboards do, there does seem a lot of rules but I guess they are there for a reason and you can see the rules before you book, but as I say it was only a little niggle and they coped without there segways lol.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Sharn 46 4 reviews from this member

We stayed at the site over the Bank Holiday weekend - first impressions were great. Friendly welcome by Thonas the manager. Gave us lots of useful information about the local area and what was going on. Pitches were spacious and level. Site facilities were immaculate - showers & toilets very clean and well maintained, operated with a key fob. Great play park for children which was away from the main site so children could make a lot of noise which did not disrupt others. Play park locked at 9pm which I felt was great as my children would have wanted to be there all night! Lovely fishing lake and great riverside walk into Bentham where there were pubs & shops etc. Family games room which is great for wet weather. I read reviews prior to staying here and was a little apprehensive about the comments about rules & regulations which were mentioned. I needn't have been - this is not the place for a rave up but we sat outside in the evening having a quiet drink with friends and there were no problems. The rules keep this site enjoyable for everybody and didn't stop us from having a lovely weekend. I feel that first impressions are usually an indication of how the site might be and in this instance they were - I would recommend this site and would visit again ( even without the children!)

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Nikko136 41 reviews from this member

A one-night stop-over on the way south from Scotland. Although this is quite a way off the motorway the detour was well worthwhile. There’s good scenery in the surrounding area and the site itself is excellent, with 5-star hotel washrooms and toilets plus the river and fishing lake. Everything is well-tended. Some on uk camp sites object to rules and regulations, but in our experience it is often those campers who tend to spoil things for others when there are no rules.

We were amazed at the number of shops and pubs in the village and nearby. We will definitely look at this for a longer stay in the future.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: MichelleNfran 7 reviews from this member

First time at such a large site found it a bit too sterile and regimented for our liking.

Very clean and great for kids as there is a decent park for them. There are a lot of rules to adhere too which puts a bit of a dampner on things, the worst one being no noise after 21. 30 which we found was far too early and have never come across a curfew that is so early. The toilet facilities were ok but don't think they were cleaned properly everyday as one of the female toilets had run out of sanitary bags on the Thursday and was not replenished until the Saturday.

The pitches themselves were flat, well drained and the grass was very well kept and the pitches were large and well marked out. It was a great place if used as a base for exploring the area but nothing to keep you entertained on site. The town was nice and had a couple of good pubs.

Overall not bad but not for us we prefer a livelier atmosphere

Previous     100 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win £300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Lancashire   -   Search for a site

Win a HandiRack and HandiHoldall Combo Pack Win an OLPRO Abberley XL 4 Berth Tent

UKCS Meet NEC Motorhome and Caravan Show 17th to 22nd October
See all the new-for 2018 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans – plus 1000s of accessories ...more