Visitor Reviews - Trossachs Holiday Park

Trossachs Holiday Park
Gartmore
By Aberfoyle
Perthshire   (Browse area)
FK8 3SA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m 1m  1m  1m   1m  1m  1m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  34 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: ToadOfToadhall 4 reviews from this member

Spent a week here and it is a great site for getting into the Trossachs and Loch Lomond. Well organised and maintained, always mowing going on but not intrusive. Pitches are level and fully serviced but a little tight. But the terracing means everybody has a view out to the Fintry hills. Can be a bit midgey but this is Scotland in summer so to be expected. The site manager shows you to your pitch and, if I am being nit picky, he will put you next to a pitched van rather than spreading everybody out. I am not anti social but I do like to have a bit of space around me if possible. In summary a great site, and I will be back again in the future.

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Happy-snapper 8 reviews from this member

I rolled up here without booking as I drove 6 hours on impulse. Even though they were fully booked they squeezed me and my tent into a space they really only use in emergencies. There was no electric which I never use anyway and as a bonus it was at a reduced rate! the site staff were very helpful and explained everything. Each pitch has its own water tap and hook up and well spaced. The toilet block was cleaned about 3 times a day. There were 3 proper shower cubicles in the ladies with free abundant hot water. There is a small shop on site which sells basic items you may need. The site was very well kept and clean. Bins were emptied daily by a man in a van. There was a play area for little ones and a games room with a pool table and a book exchange in case of bad weather

The local pub runs a free pick up service on the idea that you will have a meal there but I didn't try it so can't say what it was like.

There is a path which runs from tent area which goes into town -about 3 miles- easily done on a bike. Site is within a few miles of the 3 lochs leisure drive which I did on my bike-few hills and did have to stop a couple of times! Also loch Kathrine is not that far either.

Midges-I forgot to pack repellent and no doubt the shop would have had some but I kept forgetting. I usually get totally attacked but although I saw some I didn't get bit at all so maybe may is not the right time. I took a local walk through a well boggy area called the mires so if any were about they should have been there but can't say I say any and it was so hot I only had a vest t shirt on so plenty of arms to bite but didn't get any.

Lovely area for what I wanted-peace and quiet, no phone coverage(virgin) and plenty of walking and bike trials.

I think that after this year they are going to reduce the camping side of things to about 5 so make the most of a great site while you can

Date of Visit: April 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sandy Wilson 9 reviews from this member

Agree totally with review from Aldoscott's review from a couple of years ago and in the whole it still stands.

Beautiful site, they unhook your caravan and put it on the pitch. Everything about the park is explained to you.

The pitches are fully serviced, including a TV hookup.

The toilets are spotless and appear to get cleaned 3 times a day.

Caravans are laid out in tiers so you do not look into the caravan in front of you and you get to see the lovely views.

There is a very large dog exercise field and a walk through the Bluebell Woods.

Only 3 miles to Aberfoyle.

Will certainly be back here.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Touislay 2 reviews from this member

Have used this site many times, excellent location, nice flat pitches and well looked after. Shower block isn't the best but perfectly functional. Wardens are on site all time. Lots of things for the kids to do, easy 20 minute walk to Aberfoyle. Cycle path on the doorstep. Would recommend and will certainly continue to use happily in the future.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: BalooCub 1 review from this member

First time out with our VW T5 campervan and awning (previously campers for 30 years). Friendly staff showed us to our fully serviced pitch (no. 3) with great views. Told us which way round to pitch and didn't mind that our awning extended out beyond the hard standing onto the grass (ooops!). Site was 'full. Ish, but no noise problems from other pitches. Toilet/shower/washing up block looking a bit old, but clean, tidy and serviceable. Reported a loose shower head which was promptly fixed. Despite only 2 showers in the gents, never had to queue at 6. 30 am so had a shower every morning and then went back and made a cup of tea for my lovely wife! Can't comment on any of the the other facilities as we didn't use them. Small village of Aberfoyle 10 minutes or so down the road where we got essential supplies from the small supermarket. Loads of things to do in the area so only used the site as a sleep and eat place. One or two pot holes on the drive upto reception, but I'm sure they'll get fixed in due course.

If we're in the area again looking for a place to stay, then we would certainly consider this site again.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Cwilkinsonfamily 21 reviews from this member

Booked here for 2 nights with friends. We have a motorhome and they have a small tent so we thought we would take advantage of their offer of being able to put a small tent on the same pitch. My friend rang the site and this was arranged and a price given. However, when she got there they said that this could not possibly be done (despite offering it on their website) and they were put in a totally separate area from us and caused considerably more expense to all parties! Considering our friends had no electrics or cooking items with them as we were all using the motorhome facilities, this caused them some irritation and inconvenience. The motorhome pitch was nice and on an elevated spot in front of the potwash (which did make it a bit busy at times) and it was much preferable to the cramped tent site where our friends had been put. Generally speaking, it was a nice enough site but, as usual, it was let down by the toilet facilities - big site with 2 showers in each of the ladies and gents. Seriously? Also, the shower cubicles were extremely small. Three of us in the party are quite small people and we found them very cramped - the fourth member of our party is over 6ft tall and a well built man so i don't know how he managed! I am getting well and truly sick of complaining about shower and toilet facilities - get with the programme sites. Campers like to shower and have clean facilities! The days of campers not washing for days at a time went at the same time as camping for the night for a tenner! Not entirely sure we will return here - the camping in the forest site looked pretty good in gartmore!

Previous     34 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Perthshire   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet NEC Motorhome and Caravan Show 17th to 22nd October
See all the new-for 2018 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans plus 1000s of accessories ...more