Visitor Reviews - Craig Tara Holiday Park (Haven Holidays)

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Scotland > Ayrshire > Site Reviews

Craig Tara Holiday Park (Haven Holidays)
Dunure Road
Ayr
Ayrshire   (Browse area)
KA7 4LB   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel:

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  31 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: April 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Edmonds101 4 reviews from this member

We went to this site for the activities and not the touring pitch. It is not our normal style of campsite but we wanted to have plenty to do because of predicted bad weather and I have to say it was fun packed.

Other reviewers are right in that the touring area is basic and yes it is a bit of a walk to the main site but we preferred it that way so you are not in the middle of the noise and hustle

All the staff were brilliant especially the activity staff. We prebooked the activity passes online and some of the activities which I would recommend. Kids loved everything they did especially the nature rocks den building and fire lighting.

Pub was nice and drinks are not over priced. Also evening entertainment in another bar if you wanted. Food was popular and looked nice.

This ticked all the boxes for keeping the kids entertained and was great value for money. It was everything we expected of a Haven style site but of a better quality.

If you plan on spending your time around your caravan then this isn't the pitch for you. If you want non stop entertainment and loads for the kids to do when you can't plan good weather then I would highly recommend it.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Tynan 2 reviews from this member

Booked here for 5 nights for the kids mainly as the like the facilities in haven,

As we arrived we were shown to our pitch which was spacious but not well kept as the grass was very long and untidy,

The touring area is behind a fence away from the rest off the park with the barrier not working/ In use,

We are felt as if we are not part of the haven camp as the rest of the park ie by the caravans & golf course there all well kept with all the grass and bushes well looked after you go to the camping part and it looks like a car park with electric

Went to the toilet block and there was no soap in any of the dispenses, told the staff about it only to be told it has been ordered, three days later it was put in only after many times asking staff,

Toilets not cleaned to a high standed.

The beach is pebbles so was not very good for the dogs but was nice to see the sun go down

I would recommend they put more dog bins around the site as there is only one by the beach oh and just around golf course.

Facilities for the children were very good as they always are at all the havens we have been to

Kids enjoyed the pool.

Would not be going back to Scotland haven ever or would I recommend it to anyone

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Alanakerr 8 reviews from this member

My kids loved this park. The touring section is situated just as you enter the park, it is in a quiet location and its a fair walk to the facilities, though you can take your car.

KIDS - lots to do here with the kids but can be pricey! The pool is great and free. The soft play is quite big and free. There are plenty if activities you can book the children into. There is a big playpark down at the main area near the beach, but there is also a small play area next to the touring section. There is a funfair, go-karts and swan boats to hire, beware these are very pricey! We did all these things but avoided the HUGE indoor arcade!

DOGS - I do not recommend this park for dogs, we couldn't find anywhere appropriate to walk them.

EATING OUT - there are take -away's, a Burger King and a restaurant, which we had to wait so long for our food my 4 year old fell asleep. The service was very poor.

TOILETS/SHOWERS - these were not kept very clean, I'm not fussy but I'm sure Haven could do better. I was surprised that they don't clean their facilities often enough and to a higher standard.

Overall we will return as my kids loved it and want to go back but if you don't have kids I wouldn't bother.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Phil-n 1 review from this member

If you are planning a visit with tourer prepare to be disappointed, if you're staying in a static, enjoy! The touring pitches are outside the perimeter fence away from the main site, it's more like a car park with electric hook up and a toilet block. If I hadn't paid up front I would have driven away.

The facilities are what you would expect from a haven site, plenty of games machines and great entertainment ideal for the kids. Pool was great too. Men's toilet block was clean ladies was disgusting, but cleaned the next day. Toilet block is quite new and more a case of regular cleaning needed than anything else.

Haven need to either improve the touring pitches and make it more part of the site, ideally move it down the steep hill to the complex or close it altogether as at the minute it's a half hearted shambles of a site!

We won't be returning in our motorhome

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Phiddles 1 review from this member

Our first trip to Craig Tara, a massive park with many facilities offering good value for money. But badly let down by cleanliness of touring facilities and temperature of swimming pool.

Touring area adjacent to main road, soon got used to noise of passing cars, a bit of a down/uphill hike to the entertainment buildings. No problems with electricity supply, our caravans microwave, heater, kettle worked without issue.

Main restaurant newly refurbished and looked great - plenty of other on site food options - although we did our own thing.

Shop well stocked and reasonable prices.

Childrens soft play area quite new and was well received by our children.

Touring toilets/showers were inexcusably dirty throughout our stay. A real shame as the block itself is quite new.

Swimming pool itself and showers in the changing room were freezing cold.

Would happily have paid a bit more for clean facilities and a pool we could use as a family.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Stu666 4 reviews from this member

Visited this site with family and our tourer in September out with the school holidays.

Checking in was straight forward, did not have to get out of the car, and the warden was welcoming.

Touring area was not exactly pretty and it was miles down a hill to the entertainment but we got to choose our own pitch which was full serviced.

Sadly it went down hill from there, mainly due to the other visitors and the travelling community that had set up camp. The traveller children had no respect for our personal space and were in and about our pitch and just staring at my 2 toddlers, not saying hello or anything.

My wife then went to use the toilets facilities and they were disgusting mainly due to children throwing dirt about - no I'm not joking!

We thought about going home but thought we would go and check out the entertainment facilities, they were ok just the usual you expect at these type of holiday camps. Carpet in the show hall was so sticky, felt like I was walking about with Velcro on my feet.

After this we returned to the caravan and again there was a swarm of children, not saying hello or being friendly just staring close up at our car and caravan (I don't have a fancy car or caravan?)

Rather than risk having a word and risk upsetting the travelling community we hitched up and headed home.

Managed to get a full refund, thanks haven, but the holiday was still ruined.

I wish haven would impose the same rules other sites do regarding no commercial vehicles or large groups.

I doubt very much I will return to this site - a shame as I wanted to like it, it's cheap, not far from home and has everything you could want for your kids leisure wise.

Previous     31 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Ayrshire   -   Search for a site

Win an Outwell Mains Package Win a HandiMoova Off-road Foldable Hand Trolley

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally in Derbyshire - 1st to 4th July
An amazing fun weekend for all the family. Plus you can camp on site from Friday to Monday. Find out more and download the booking form

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016