Visitor Reviews - Hillhead Caravan Club Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Hillhead Caravan Club Site
Hillhead
Brixham
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
TQ5 0HH   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m  5m   1m

Open: 20/03 To 04/01

Reviews:  97 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: MGL262 9 reviews from this member

Lots of other reviews about this site talk about the fact it it is very hilly and you'll need level if blocks. It's called HILLHEAD - What do people expect??

It's a great family campsite in a great part of South Devon, a large site that is terraced forming lots of 4/5 pitch clusters which we really liked. Some were smaller than others, but when we arrived we were shown a map of available pitches which we walked round and looked at before we chose one.

The site had a Pool which we enjoyed using, it had a bar and restaurant which were nice, a little noisy but food, service and atmosphere were great.

Don't bother with the wifi, we use Caravan Club sites regularly so we have a 12 month wifi token that can be used at any caravan club site.

There is loads to do locally, we took a bus to Brixham town which was lovely, we ate in a restaurant on the harbour side which was great. Got taxi back which was just as cheap as the bus fare there. We also went to Dartmouth via the foot passenger ferry. Both were very beautiful seaside towns, we'll certainly visit again. We took a Round Robin tour, going by boat, bus and steam train, stopping at Totnes, and Paignton. Well worth the trip.

Reviewer: Si_app 5 reviews from this member

Spotless facilities and superb customer service from the CC as one would expect. Quite a hilly site so if you pitch at the lower part of the site you have quite a steep incline to walk to the facilities and bus stop on the main road. Decent playground for the kids with a HUGE playfield but only a small dog exercise area for the size of the site. Small off-the-lead dog walk in a lane next to the site but this leads to a very demanding but dog friendly walk up and down to a remote beach where you can pick up the South Devon Coastal trail.

Nice heated pool, decent enough bar with musical entertainment on most evenings. Very good shop. Site handy for short drive into Brixham or beautiful Dartmouth. No local pub within walking distance unfortunately

Reviewer: Marclewis 14 reviews from this member

The site is in a great location and not far from the King Harry Ferry to Dartmouth. The site is very well kept and has hedges partitioning pitches. Some of the pitches are sloping though, so need to carry levelling blocks. It has a swimming pool plus unusual for a Caravan Club site, a games room of the electronic variety. There is also a bar and restaurant, plus a shop on site. The only thing I would not spend money on is the Caravan Club wifi operated by AirAngel. I thought I would try it for one day at 2. 50 and never once got connected. I was a very short distance from the transmitter too, so don't waste your money.

Reviewer: Scarletsfan 72 reviews from this member

Access to this site is straight forward, but be sure to follow the club's directions.

Checkin was both friendly and super efficient. The wardens know their site and will direct you to the most suitable pitches. Note that most slope slightly and levelling blocks will be required.

Some complain that pitches are small, we did not find this to be the case, we had ample space for our caravan with full size awning and annex with space to park two cars. Some of the pitches are simply huge.

Two facility block were of a very high standard and never seemed pushed even with a full site.

Be warned, the site is high on a hill and therefore it can get windy so make sure you are well pegged and strapped down.

The site is huge, but if you choose your pitch carefully it won't appear that way.

There is a well stocked shop, club house and restaurant with nice outdoor seating areas and a heated outdoor swimming pool, as well as an arcade and games room.

Outdoors there is plenty of room to site around units and a large children s play area and games field is provided adjacent to the large fenced in dog walk.

The site is a credit to the hard working team of wardens and was immaculate a all times.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Rodgervsmith 2 reviews from this member

I have just returned from Hillhead Caravan Club Site, Brixham and I was extremely disappointed with site and also the wifi service.

This is my first year with the Caravan Club after being an independent and avid caravane'r since I was a child with my parents and which has continued for almost for 55 years.

The arrival procedure is terrible, ( I have since been informed ALL Caravan Club Sites are the same)

Ie: 'Leave your car and caravan at reception sir and go and find a pitch', WHAT! no booking of pitches in advance, go and find my own, and all for 490. I think it is about time the Caravan Club got organised and introduced a booking service.

It is 2, 559 meters to walk around the site looking for a pitch.

As I'am disabled I was able to send my wife as the 'advanced scouting party' and I was then situated on pitch 61, luckily pitch 60 was also available for my brother otherwise we could have ended up at the opposite ends of the camp.

WiFi don't bother it's a rip off.

As I was situated on pitch 61 the wifi repeated aerial was just across from me but my ability to connect and maintain a stable connection was abysmal. Having spoken to a few of the other's on the site even pitch 57 (4 meters from the repeater could not get online)

I did contact Airangle direct but this had no affect on my service and was a waste of a phone call.

I did manage to get a connection, but only by using my own mobile phone as a 'MOBILE HOTSPOT'

I think that the Caravan Club should abandon the wifi service and/or offer it free of charge where by you login using your membership number.

There may be other sites that the service is acceptable but NOT at HILLHEAD

Will I be renueing my Caravan Club Membership, , , what do you think, 46 for them to send me a magazine I don't want full of adverts of items I can purchase off ebay.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Cazzamowbs27 5 reviews from this member

Stayed here for two night over Easter. Although very busy as it was Easter weekend check in was operated like a well oiled machine! Whith people placed to show you to pitches as well as eager to help you get on the pitch if needed. Some of the grass pitches were closed due to rain/mud. We were lucky enough to arrive early enough to get a gravel/hard-standing. The pitches and the site are immaculately kept. The toilet/showers were possibly the best we have ever seen on a uk site, and again, immaculate. There is a small pool, shop which has everything you need and a small bar/clubhouse which had entertainment on, some of which was brilliant (neil diamond tribute was outstanding!) the site was quiet at night and we had no complaints. There is a bus stop right outside the gates which can take you to either brixham or dartmouth (via the ferry) great location for exploring this part of devon. Overall we were really impressed with this site and will definitely return.

Previous     97 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win a BUZZ RACK Buffalo 4 Bike Tilting Carrier Win a HandiMoova Off-road Foldable Hand Trolley

UKCS Meet Benington Chilli Festival, Hertfordshire 29 31st August
Celebrate all things chilli in the hidden gem of a garden at historic Benington Lordship.