Visitor Reviews - Braidhaugh Park

Braidhaugh Park
South Bridgend
Crieff
Perthshire   (Browse area)
PH7 4DH   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

10m  1m   1m  1m

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Glamping

Reviews:  31 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Smart Family 16 reviews from this member

We used this site as a stopover on route to Fort William. The reception was very friendly and helpful and we were allocated a beautiful pitch next to the river. The site is very well laid out with large hardstanding divided pitches, with water, drainage and power on each pitch, we had a nice view of the surrounding hills. The location of the site on the edge of town is very convenient as it was easy for us to walk into town, or go on nearby river paths. There is a large co op supermarket 10 minutes walk or 2 minutes drive from the site. Also a large park adjacent to the site which is good for kids. The let down was the toilets, although they were clean, they are very dated and apart from much maintenance needed, they really need upgraded. I can only speak for the mens, but there were 3 toilet cubicles with one of them out of order. The same with 3 shower cubicles, one out of order and another the door lock was falling apart. So overall the site was very nice but please upgrade the toilets. I would love to come for a longer stay and hope to in the future if the toilets were improved.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Roz999 1 review from this member

We have just come home after spending two nights at Braidhaugh Caravan Park and I have to say we were thouroughly impressed. The campsite itself is very well run and there is space for around 50 vans I think which makes this campsite a little gem. The toilets/ shower block are spotlessly clean as is their chemical waste room and the wee shop on site has a good stock selection should you require any essential items. There is a park less than a stones throw away should you bring any dogs with you and an added bonus of FREE doggy bags that can be collected from the shop. This results in a very pleasant stroll through the park with very little dog mess so well done to the shop for supplying the bags. Crieff itself is a lovely little place although a bit hilly if you are not able bodied. There is a good selection of nearby walks that I will explore on my return as we stayed pretty much close to the campsite this visit soaking up the glorious sunshine. Will definitely ge returning to this campsite in the near future.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Marjy14 1 review from this member

We Have had the pleasure of being seasonal campers at Braidhaugh for the last 2 years. Can't say enough about the holiday park which is well managed and sustained in its beauty by an extremely hard working team.

Braidhaugh and Crieff have stunning views and beautiful riverside walks. Great for dogs with a very large sports pitch next door.

New year entertainment was my husband Gordon for the information of the reviewer earlier on. Gordon is not only returning to do Hogmanay again this year but looking forward from taking a night off from the Glasgow Gig scene to perform at Braidhaugh on Saturday 28 June 2014 which will have a holiday theme and also a surprise visit from Elvis and the Hawaiian-wedding song.

Both nights will have a barbecue and a raffle with the proceeds going to Kilbryde Hospice.

Don't be slow in making your booking as these entertainment weekends book up really quickly.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Braidhaugh 1 review from this member

Fantastic site right beside the river. Clean and well cared for park with hard working, friendly staff who are always willing to help. Toilet block spotlessly clean and warm. 10 minutes takes you to the High Street with some nice speciality shops and local butcher and bakers. Nice wee town and lovely walks along the river. Went mountain biking at Comrie Croft which is a few miles up the road. Took my own bike but found out that they hire bikes, so next time I'm here, I will just hire a bike (might even get hubby to come along). Lovely wee break, will be back July.

Date of Visit: January 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: FEDUP25 2 reviews from this member

We went to Braidhaugh for a five day break and to bring in the New Year.

This New Year Party was amazing, sadly I never got the singers name if anyone out there knows who he was please let me know. This guy was a great all-rounder great jokes fantastic singer the best I have heard in a long time. If the same singer is going to be there next year then I will book for New Year again. I love Braidhaugh it is a well run friendly park. The toilets need updating. The staff are very hard working and friendly. The laundry area needs another washing machine and another two dryers would be helpful.

I highly recommend this park and Crieff itself.

We were parked next to a fast flowing river which was beautiful, there are no safety barriers so small children need to be supervised at all times.

Date of Visit: November 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Fiona W 116 reviews from this member

We've been visiting Crieff for many years, but this is our first stay camping. Not many sites up here are open in November! and we're happy to recommend this one. Lady on Reception was jolly, helpful and very welcoming. We had a sunny riverside pitch where the noise of water drowned out the background road noise. You can't put an awning or vehicle on the grass between the hard stands, which enforces a gap with the next unit so the pitch feels bigger. Impressed there was water, TV, and drainage at each pitch (for 21) - true, there's no drive-over motorhome dump (as an earlier reviewer says), but with your own drain this isn't necessary? The place was well tended, the toilet block spotless and much warmer than our motorhome - I wish I could have slept there!

Playing fields next door for dog walks, and there's a fabulous network of footpaths in Crieff (leaflet at TIC in town). We ALWAYS walk up The Knock, the hill above the town, with its panoramic viewpoint indicator - drive uphill through the Crieff Hydro Hotel estate to the public car parks at the top. Fabulous views of snow-clad peaks on our visit. Now we've tried Braidhaugh, I'm sure we'll be back.

Previous     31 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Perthshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Dining Package, worth 124.98 from Yeomans Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Somerset Motorhome Show 12/09 to 14/09 Shepton Mallet
All the latest Motorhomes and a host of accessories. Win Tickets or buy Discounted Day Ticket Offer!